Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PS VITA hacked. For real this time native vita hack (not epsp one)

Expon

Scholar
I Still cant play kirby properly :decline:
Also theres already a ds emu, will eaitvuntil i cancplay ps zero at least half frps

A dream to run PS2 you say? Here is PCSX2 on an older build with an inferior cpu. It's running slow as shit here, should be much better now. Plus the guy probably didn't tweak PCSX2 considering the aspect ratio isn't even set correctly. You won't be doing this on Vita or any other handhelds, as there is no proper Android port for PCSX2.

Blah, I'd rather buy one of these homemade portable PS2 consoles like these:

IMG_20130930_152142_zps6c47122c.jpg

FXCY4JOGHFJXMBT.MEDIUM.jpg

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I don't believe anyone actually commercially sells those types of items. They're hobby projects that probably costs a lot more than a portable handheld itself, or at the very least take a while to create. This is an assumption, but I can only imagine why we won't see many of them on amazon or ebay.

I don't believe anyone actually commercially sells those types of items. They're hobby projects that probably costs a lot more than a portable handheld itself, or at the very least take a while to create. This is an assumption, but I can only imagine why we won't see many of them on amazon or ebay.

I know and that's main reason why I still haven't this shit! Portable Ps2 is my dream-hardware since years.

Damn, I miss those times when there're lots of cheap russian/polish/chinese/korean Famicom and Atari 2600 clones... Modern hardware is too coplex to make this happen again, cheap PSP2 would sell like a hotcakes even in 2016.

:dance:
Looks like retroarch works pretty well.

Save states weren't working up until today's nightly build... but from what I've tested it's all good now. The Vita has a pretty respectable d-pad, looking forward to some NES shenanigans with this thing.

Perkel

Arcane
Ok we got confirmation that Henkaku team managed to actually get into kernel not just userland.
This means that Vita as of now is completely hacked and backups and rest will soon follow along with firmware spoofing etc.

Only thing that is left is boot which as i heard from many people is tough nut to crack (almost impossible).

I say this because past few days people were questiioning if this is actually kernel or userland hack like Rejuvenate.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Recently, an Adventure Time game was said to be decrypted on the net, but that was apparently just an older dev build from some dudes devkit. Not the same, but it apparently can be distributed similarly.

However, very very recently, I found this posted on the hacking Reddit. Probably fake, but I'm still excited for more developments. The speed this is going is unprecedented for me.

Perkel

Arcane
Interesting. Will try to download it and see if it works. Probably fake though.

Games of Vita have 2 kinds of security.

- Whole game encryption is already defeated. And they did it in few days. This allowed switching audio for undub version of some games.
- Game executable encryption is not yet defeated.

Which is why there is no piracy already.

edit: yeah it is pretty crazy that they managed to do so much in just a week since release of Henkaku.

Perkel

Arcane
bunch of awesome news:

--------------------------------
--------------------------------

https://www.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/4yi5bw/write_access_to_vs0_achevied_expect_a_downgrader/

basically this means they got write access to vita os files which means:

- if people will find hole in higher FW than 3.60 (latest FW with kernel hack) you will be able to downgrade system to 3.60 or below.
- this means firmware spoofer. aka PSN will think that you are on highest firmware so you will be able to buy, update and play games online (as long as they don't ban you somehow). Same with games bought witch require newer firmware PS VITA SDK is long dead so it isn't like some new game will actually require new firmware to play.
- this means real CFW and when they will crack games executable encryption full on piracy

-------------------------------
-------------------------------

dude who made ps1/psp hack on vita said on twitter that he found they way to make it work on 3.60 and since henkaku is kernel hack it means he will be able to for example increase resolution of psp/ps1 games and add a lot more what vita is capable of.

------------------------------
------------------------------

Nvidia Moolight works on Vita 60fps @ native resolution. Aka you can play all your PC games on Vita via wifi in your house as long as you have Nvidia gpu that can use Moonlight.

Perkel

Arcane
- this means firmware spoofer. aka PSN will think that you are on highest firmware so you will be able to buy, update and play games online (as long as they don't ban you somehow).

Circumvent by factory reset before logging on PSN?

No. You modify os to appear to be latest FW from outside (for games, psn etc.).
PS3 as i understand has even CFW that hides what games are you playing so that Sony can't ban you for playing something outside of their aproved list. It can fake for example your game for something else.

Self-Ejected

Repulsive

Self-Ejected
Patron
I got Firmware 3.36 at the moment, is 3.60 the latest firmware and should I upgrade to that? Don't want to take any chances.

3.61 is the latest and the hack will no longer work if you update it.

There's a way to manually update it to 3.60 if you do some digging. I'm on shitty mobile and don't have the links handy.

Perkel

Arcane
Welp that's all folks.

Some Chinese dude managed to decrypt executable and shared first game on net Tokyo xanadu its name (jap only game). People downloaded it and it works.

There is still chance that he might like in case of Adventure Time got DRM free copy of game but since he is chinese and Tokyo Xanadu isn't chinese game then that chance is close to 0% this time.

We will know for sure if he will release next game. If that happens Vita officially is completely hacked. If not this is another adventure time case.

I just hope they get PSP games working. There's a ton of stuff that I actually have UMDs for (Valkyrie Profile, for one) that they've never offered on the PSN store. And these games would probably look great on the OLED screen.

I don't really care about the Vita piracy stuff, tbh. I find its library pretty weak overall.

Zetor

Arcane
Yea, using the Vita as an emulation platform is pretty sweet by itself. Finally I get to play the Shining Force series!

Perkel

Arcane
So the latest is that the chinese hacker who released Tokyo Xanadu decrypted also decrypted its official patch. It's looking more and more like this is for real.

Well if he would be one of devs working on this then this wouldn't be a problem.
Only real confirmation will be when some new game from him will be decrypted

Perkel

Arcane
Yup, biggest news is that several people wololo claim managed to get around drm which basically means that now there is waiting game. Once people will be able to hack DRM, PSP and PS1 mode will be wide open free to change and tinker with it.

Perkel

Arcane
Well due who released pirated Tokyo Xanadu just released Odin Sphere.
This is 100% confirmation that people managed to get past executable encryption.

PSP psone enchanced emulators here we go !

Perkel

Arcane
I stayed doubtful for almost all of this video since i basically expected game dumping (which was already done btw but eboot was still encrypted aka you could only use it on console from which that dump came from) until he actually shown hello world message from game itself which means that he really was able to decrypt eboot and this officially confirms that system is wide open.

I can't wait what people will do with native vita emulators for PSP and PSone. Upgrading resolution, playing translations etc anything is possible now.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
New release of henkaku. It updates vita shell to 0.8 version and adds firmware spoofing for PSN access (you can play online and use PSN on 3.60 without updating)

Perkel

Arcane
Modders drama.
Chinese confirmed to be superior species.

Still Major Tom is huge loss to vita homebrew scene. Though i thought he will be better than some modder drama queens. Guess i was wrong.

edit:

looks like one of them isn't actually modders drama captain:

The Flow:
"I have been thinking about it all night. I am going to make an official release tonight."

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom