Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Prosper - Bigger than Jesus

Ion Flux

Savant
Project: Eternity
Newspost and thread are of great quality. Prosper's genius lies in his persistence.

:salute:

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Prosper...best man to larp achivments since chris-chan.

Prosper II

Educated
well he eats lens clothes. how else could we turn him down says unsure to approve devman? one time only ok?

on other pressure. How do I handle pet hairs that keep getting stuck in my foot? they hurt like heck and feel like glass. i keep having to pull them out. third time this .. neeze.... sorry week.

Lumpy

Arcane
Next up: New York Times interviews famous Game Developer and Social Analyst over the possibility of Nuclear War.

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
commie said:
l3loodAngel said:
racofer said:
The decline is now complete: prosper has become news worthy at the prestigious codex magazine.

If by prestigious you mean that filled with people who nobody cares about you are right. Nobody cares about their opinion, nobody cares about what they want and cares about rpgs we want to play. Thats a really prestigious society.

No-one cared about Copernicus or Galileo either at the time. True visionaries are only appreciated long after they have departed. We are following in their footsteps.

We shall be vindicated by our children's children.

At least Copernicus and Galileo did something worthy instead of posting popamole patches, we all claim to hate. :smug:

deus101

commie said:
l3loodAngel said:
racofer said:
The decline is now complete: prosper has become news worthy at the prestigious codex magazine.

If by prestigious you mean that filled with people who nobody cares about you are right. Nobody cares about their opinion, nobody cares about what they want and cares about rpgs we want to play. Thats a really prestigious society.

No-one cared about Copernicus or Galileo either at the time. True visionaries are only appreciated long after they have departed. We are following in their footsteps.

We shall be vindicated by our children's children.

Look, your not helping him you know...he's innabillity to understand sarcasm makes this post a "reward for his behaviour".

deus101

Look, im all for laughing at him, hell I've wasted many a hours watching christin weston chandlers antics.

And from that, I've seen how much those two are alike.

He wants instant recognition and gratification, and as soon as there is a hint of it, he has validated himself and his narcisism...think is, he got support because everyone saw him as someone trying to make an effort and gave him encouragment.

That encouragment is all he needs to lul himself into decline, thinking he's perfect.

Thing is, he can change before he comes to ChrisChans level, he's only 20.

He needs to understand his shit and that his ignorance on every subject he embarks on could fill more books then there is books about said subject.(he goes on and on about very superfiscal technical descriptions, the ones that might give you an E on an exam if your lucky)

If he himself knows he needs major improvement to match his rhetoric(hell if he could be more humble to himself and others this wouldnt be a problem).
AND if he could get some diciplin, direction and reasonable step by step goals.

Then his autism wouldnt be a problem.

Its higly unlikely we can get throug to him and only his closest can help him from offroading himself.

But i say its worth a shot.

Prosper/Bryan/Cakester/whatever:

Fuck the middleware engine bullshit and fuck 3D modelling.

Be great, be a programmer, its hard work and very little visual gratification.
But if you truly appriciate what goes into creating complex solutions and reaching your goals, thats all you need.

And i suggest you stick to something concrete in terms of reading material, finding more and more tuturials and books will only make you directionless.

http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=10807

^ this zine however is a tressure trove, sure its old, and the opengl articles might be useless considering everything is done with shaders now a days.

But it contains articles on OO design, calculus, algebra and others.

Also...best way to work without distracting yourself, is to go to a library/studyhall with no internet connection.

For me with ADHD its to easy to stimulate my brain with bullshit forums(hello hello), then it is to get into my code, even when you have set your mind to work.

Hegel

Arcane
Such a prestigious poster taking RPGcodex name to new heights.
Prosper is the Picasso of Modding.

Seriously he's the kind of guy you'd expect to be friendly and all just to discover he's going to stab you in the back few moments later in a fit of schizophrenia.

St. Toxic

Arcane
So I'm assuming the interview is actually trolling Prosper at this point. What a sad situation, and to think that I once did the same, though, if it is any excuse, never on this great a scale. :/

oscar

Arcane
I wish a copy of this was saved somewhere after they realised their error and deleted the article.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
necroing this stunning achievement for the young ones to admire

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
In Prosper's words, "the best work comes from modders that are professional and polite to one another.” However, it’s also important that modders “have the confidence to keep to themselves their own creative ideas, so that they can develop on them first." As a result, members avoid saturating the board with "idea topics with nothing to show," creating a community with less posturing and more results.

Weasel
As a result, members avoid saturating the board with "idea topics with nothing to show," creating a community with less posturing and more results.

A perfect description of Prosperland today, it's as if the great man could see into the future.

Nael

Arcane
"the best work comes from modders that are professional and polite to one another.”

Of all the crazy thoughts that came outta that guy's mind that one has to be high on the list.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom