Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Prometheus - new images and article

Discussion in 'Codex Public Library' started by Morgoth, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Menckenstein Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver

Menckenstein
    ^ Top  
  2. MisterStone Augur

MisterStone

I can just see this guy as he writes this line... he's like: SNIFFFFF.... :smug:
    ^ Top  
  3. Hamster Arcane Patron

Hamster
    Codex 2012 Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Just got back from seeing Prometheus. It was not exactly what i expected, but really good.
    ^ Top  
  4. Menckenstein Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver

Menckenstein
    Is there awesome female nudity? Did the albino space cobras make you laugh?
    ^ Top  
  5. Hamster Arcane Patron

Hamster
    No.

No, i though albino space cobras were well done. But special effects on some other monsters seen in the movie (including you know what) were not very convincing, that is one of my minor complaints for this movie.
    ^ Top  
  6. Menckenstein Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver

Menckenstein
    Yeah the strobing shot of the Space Jocky looked like shit in the trailer. Poop.
    ^ Top  
  7. bonescraper Arcane Patron

bonescraper
    Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands
    On a scale from 1 to 10 how would you rate: Blade Runner, Alien (the first one) and Prometheus?
    ^ Top  
  8. Hamster Arcane Patron

Hamster

No, the other you know what.:)
    ^ Top  
  9. Hamster Arcane Patron

Hamster
    Well, i don't like 1 to 10 ratings, but something like this:

Alien - 10 (for a monster movie, both Prometheus and Blade Runner are smarter sci-fi's)
    Blade Runner - 8
    Prometheus - 7

I though Prometheus explored human-android relatonships better than Blade Runner, but it cannot match Blade Runner's style and has some stupid and inappropriate scenes and dialogue.
    ^ Top  
  10. bonescraper Arcane Patron

bonescraper
    Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands
    Well i guess i'll grab it off PB then. I'm rarely satisfied with new movies these days.
    ^ Top  
  11. hiver Augur Dumbfuck White Knight

hiver
    It is as i have foretold.
    attackfighter Brofists this.
    ^ Top  
  12. Morgoth Arcane

Morgoth
    Blu-Ray release better has 1h more footage or something. Like most Scott's Epics, the Hollywood Jews tend to mutilate cut his work down for some greedy, sinister reasons.
    ^ Top  
  13. Haba Harbinger of Decline Patron

Haba
    Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    By gods, adding more shit to this would make it better?

Please tell me you are trolling. Two hours of this was torture enough.

I mean, sure. A few more scenes could theoretically make some of the side characters have some actual character, but it hardly will write off all the silly shit they do to advance the plot.

Show Spoiler
    "Oooh, we just landed so lets run out and explore. Oooh, something has killed off those guys who were supposedly created us. Lets randomly touch stuff for the lulz! I got this random alien substance, I guess I'll test it by slipping it into a drink of one of my few crew members (controlled environments are for pussies!). Hey, I'm on an alien planet and I'm not feeling too good. I'll just keep quiet so I can tag along to see the exiting stuff! Oh, an alien life form. It must be friendly!"
    ^ Top  
  14. CarnivalBizarre Scholar

CarnivalBizarre
    It was a good movie. Really the movie I was hoping it would be, even though I assumed that Guy Pearce's character would have more scenes. Maybe in the extended version, if there ever is one.
    ^ Top  
  15. Azael Prophet

Azael
    Wasteland 2
    Well, I liked the movie, but the more I think about it, the less I like it which isn't a good sign. It's not as much as sci-fi horror film as I would have wanted and the science part is really weak. Also, as a prequel to Alien, the ending doesn't work at all*l. Elizabeth Shaw is no Ellen Ripley and while Noomi Rapace does a decent performance, she is no Sigourney Weaver. Also, simply renaming the character to something that doesn't make her native tongue English would have been better. Fassbender channeling the spirit of Peter O'Toole is superb though.

I also don't really like the music, it sets the wrong tone for most of the time. In general, tone and scope are the biggest problems I'd say.

Show Spoiler
    *The space jockey dies in the wrong position for one thing. Also, Lindelof and co. should really have read up on DNA, if Space Jockeys' DNA are a perfect match with human DNA, then they are human, which they clearly are not. Probably more stuff, but can't think of it right away.
    ^ Top  
  16. circ Arcane

circ
    Reading between the lines, and it sounds to me like a movie I don't even want to see to see how bad it is.

Thanks codex.
    ^ Top  
  17. Tehdagah Magister

Tehdagah
    So, the alien creature appears?
    ^ Top  
  18. Hamster Arcane Patron

Hamster
    Show Spoiler
    That's not the same ship and not the same planet. According to the wiki Alien takes place on planet LV-426, Prometheus on planet LV-223.
    About DNA, well, they probably shouldn't have said it's a perfect match, but if, for example, you compare an asian human with african human, the difference is quite significant even with identical DNA.
    ^ Top  
  19. Wulfstand Arbiter

Wulfstand
    Can someone write in between spoiler tags the whole plot of the movie? I won't be seeing it in the cinema, and it'll take a while until a blu-ray release gets out, and I'm really curious to know its plot.
    ^ Top  
  20. circ Arcane

circ
    Haven't seen it, however:
    Show Spoiler

Weyland corp discovers alien lifeform. Possibly they had more to do it with than that, haven't seen the movie and whatever not like it matters, just plot filler that likely doesn't go anywhere.
    Scientist go to alien lifeform. They do stupid shit. Eventually someone gets infected with alien lifeform and mutates. Starts killing people off. Female Ripley-clone is the only survivor.
    The End.
    ^ Top  
  21. Captain Shrek Orbis non-sufficit Dumbfuck

Captain Shrek
    Shit. Watch for entertainment value alone.
    ^ Top  
  22. Haba Harbinger of Decline Patron

Haba
    Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Here is a megaspoiler. I might be arsed to write the rest later, maybe. Maybe not.

Show Spoiler

- The movie opens with a giant humanoid alien taking some black shit which makes his body fall apart, then fall into a giant waterfall where his DNA starts producing life
    - Scientists find some paintings on different parts on earth, paintings have starmap, oldest dating 35,000 years ago.
    - Verrrry expensive expedition of 17 crew members is sent to explore the destination in the maps by Peter Weyland

DAY 1

- The crew, being woken up up from cryo by the android crew member, is briefed on the goal - the discovery of the "engineers" that created men
    - Expedition lands on the planet LV-426, dumb ass scientists proceeding to immediately run off to discover the "non-natural made" structures they discovered while landing
    - Deep inside the giant structure, they discover that there is actually breathable air there. Dumbass scientist leader #1 proceeds to take his helmet off because... well, because he is a dumbass
    - The android crew members proceeds to activate (by randomly touching) a holographic recording that shows the "engineers" running away terrified, one of them stumbling and getting decapitated
    - The expedition members find the corpse of the dead alien, and poke around it, dating the corpse to two thousand years back.
    - Two of the expedition members get spooked and decide to fuck off by themselves
    - Again, the android fucks about and opens the door that decapitated the alien. Behind the door, they find a room filled with jars, murals of... alien queen and a giant humanoid head statue.
    - Expedition goombas realize that ooopsie daisy, by opening the door and changing the atmosphere inside, something is changing. The jars start leaking black gooey stuff
    - In the ship, they notice a giant storm cloud coming, radioing the crew that they have 15 minutes to get back or else they be fucked
    - So now the expedition is in a god damn hurry all the sudden, they grab the decapitated head of the alien and the android grabs one jar
    - After dramatic hurrying back to the ship, they realize that the two goombas who ran off hadn't made it... they had gotten lost inside the structure
    - Dumbass scientist leader #2 starts poking around the alien head. They realize that it is actually wearing a helmet, underneath which there is... a giant humanoid face! Then they proceed to give electricity to the brain, making the head come to alive for a moment, but ending up exploding
    - After analysing the alien DNA, they find out that it is a perfect match for human DNA!
    - Then we see the captain of the ship talking back to the lost two scientists on radio. They are to spend the night in the structure, waiting for the storm to clear. The captain says that he has picked something weird on the scans, there seems to be a life form far away in the structure... could be an error as well.
    - The Weyland corporation tough ass bitch chick is seduced by the nigger captain. They leave the command for some quality (off screen fucking)
    - This means that no-one is around to hear as the two lost scientists radio back (apparently logs and recordings no longer exist 100 years in the future)
    - The two scared scientists decide to go as far away as possible from the potential life form showing in the scans, ending up in the room that the rest of the expedition discovered earlier. The black gooey stuff has been working it's way meanwhile.
    - An earthworm (that for some reason was still alive there...) had been touched by the gooey stuff. This had mutated it into giant tentacle of death. The scientists inside spot this, and one of them decides it must be peaceful and tries talking to it...
    - WELL... You can guess what happens. We discover that it's blood is acid and it has a habit of going down people's throats. All of this happens with radio comms open, but nobody at command to receive it...
    - Weyland android is in a deep part of the ship, talking to someone who is in cryo sleep. He is receiving orders from him. The weyland bitch tries to confront the android, clearly interested on what kind of orders he got. The android reveals "he told us to try harder"
    - Meanwhile at the ship. The dumbass scientist leader #1 is disappointed that his makers are all seemingly dead, so he is drinking. The weyland android shows up, offering him another drink. In which he drops a drop of the alien gooey black shit he found earlier
    - Then the dumbass scientist leader couple have sex0r (even though the #2 whines that "I cant create life"
    Cassidy and Wulfstand Brofist this.
    ^ Top  
  23. Wulfstand Arbiter

Wulfstand
  24. hiver Augur Dumbfuck White Knight

hiver
    curse you all! isnt this supposed to be out next week?

bloody americans...
    ^ Top  
  25. mikaelis Liturgist Patron

mikaelis
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014
    The movie was shit. No tension at all. Derp all over the place. It failed, both as action Alien-like movie and as a phisolophical-rich drama about life's origin etc. God I am so pissed, because I was waiting for this movie so much! I went to the theater with my mind set not to expect too much, but just enjoy it as you can enjoy any blockbuster. And I couldn't even have that... What a decline.

Hamster: Prometheus was a smarter sci-fi to you? Hahaha! You are in serious need of watching some proper smart sci-fi then. And science aspect in this shitty movie? - there is more science in CSI: Miami than in this POS (which speaks volumes).
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above links helps us pay the hosting bills)