Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Project Silkworm (from a indie)

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
john-wayne-meme-generator-chuck-norris-never-heard-of-her-c42569.jpg

Apexeon

Arcane
A lot of people dont' like it but early bird specials are usually a good thing if you do it right.

You need to get a significant portion of your funding level in the first few days or people who look at your pitch will think there is something wrong since other people didn't contribute. I'd set the $10 tier to raise half the money of your target that way, and then a $15 tier that's the same if you're after that.

I can imagine taking in all this must be very overwhelming. Remember to breath drink some wine every now and then.

I am about 8 weeks out from a possible pitch. Slow and steady.

Tigranes

Arcane
Yep. No need to rush floating the KS. You'll also need to hit up literally every media outlet you can think of. Make a big list of every game magazine, major forum (like Codex) and youtubers - it should easily exceed fifty. Hit each one with a personalised message. You want many people to do a basic coverage when KS launches / just before KS launches, and you want to spread out the 'interviews' in regular timeframes (e.g. ask Codex or RPS or whoever to hold off on their interview till 3 days before end, etc).

Apexeon

Arcane
After first pricing a main pre-order tier for a game, I will then try to decide how to price the related early-bird tier. If a project can raise 30% of its goal before halfway through the campaign's length, it has a very significant chance of getting funded. The 30% funded point can be called a tipping point. Kickstarter itself says that 81% of projects were later successful after reaching 20% in pledges. I

The magic number is 30%.

Means a $37500 opening shot.

Apexeon

Arcane
At 10 AUD your going to get the game for 7.71 USD at the moment.

How about that a 20%+ discount on top.

zwanzig_zwoelf

I'm excited over this, especially if I end up composing music for it with Frank doing the writing stuff.
Going to look for ways to spread the word around my buddies, maybe I'll manage to squeeze a few bucks out of them.

But for now...
zwanzig_zwoelf smashes his cock with a hammer for getting excited.

EDIT: Where the fuck is the announcement from Apexeon, I'd totally miss it by accident.

Last edited by a moderator:

zwanzig_zwoelf

OK, I pulled a few strings around Russian-speaking RPG players, going to take a nap now, will continue in a few hours.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Crooked Bee Infinitron Kickstarter is live: http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/335604146/aloran/

Haven't had a chance to look closely, but it seems like Apexeon did a great job with the page.

--EDIT--
First backer! That's never happened before!

What

Angry wine cask dude is actually making a game?

Well, I can't say the nature of the Kickstarter video is very surprising. :P The graphics are nice - he'd probably be better served by sobering up and trying to join a proper team.

Apexeon

Arcane
Crooked Bee Infinitron Kickstarter is live: http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/335604146/aloran/

Haven't had a chance to look closely, but it seems like Apexeon did a great job with the page.

--EDIT--

What

Well, I can't say the nature of the Kickstarter video is very surprising. :P The graphics are nice - he'd probably be better served by sobering up and trying to join a proper team.

Large studios have been wiped out in Australia (Along with our car industry).
I think the last major gamming studio was closed last month.

Game developer 2K Australia closes Canberra studio

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

--EDIT--

What

Large studios have been wiped out in Australia (Along with our car industry).
I think the last major gamming studio was closed last month.

Game developer 2K Australia closes Canberra studio

Yeah, I don't mean locally. Isn't this the kind of work you can easily do long distance?

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Backed. But heh, looking to expand the team is a risky proposition.
Yeah, I don't mean locally. Isn't this the kind of work you can easily do long distance?
From my personal experience doing a very similar stuff (but I am doing it the other way around, as I am a software enginer with zero artistic skill), freelancers are much easier to handle from a long distance than helping friends/partners. But I think that handling remote artists is easier than handling remote developers, and even then, I had weeks of work wasted because of miscommunication.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Meanwhile, Dawn_ appeared in the comments section.
Also, $1040 sounds like a pretty good result for a nobody out of nowhere with nothing to show but artwork with stock trailer music.
No offence, Apexeon, but I don't really know whether you developed games before and vice versa.

(Also, Russkies never stop asking me whether I'm the real developer behind the game. Idiots. :lol:)

Ninjerk

Arcane
nobody out of nowhere with nothing to show but artwork with stock trailer music.
This is how the KS looks to me. I think not having at least a mockup or proof-of-concept is going to account for any kind of lack of confidence in the project.

zwanzig_zwoelf

nobody out of nowhere with nothing to show but artwork with stock trailer music.
This is how the KS looks to me. I think not having at least a mockup or proof-of-concept is going to account for any kind of lack of confidence in the project.
I'd rather show nothing than a broken mess of something, so I guess it's understandable (for me).

Ninjerk

Arcane
I'd rather show nothing than a broken mess of something, so I guess it's understandable (for me).
It doesn't have to be a broken mess, that's why I said "mock up." What the video shows is that Apexeon can make nice looking 3D maps, get snow to fall onscreen, and move a sprite around on it. I think even if he were to animate a cursor moving around his preliminary menu art would give potential backers a better idea of where this is going.

zwanzig_zwoelf

It doesn't have to be a broken mess, that's why I said "mock up." What the video shows is that Apexeon can make nice looking 3D maps, get snow to fall onscreen, and move a sprite around on it. I think even if he were to animate a cursor moving around his preliminary menu art would give potential backers a better idea of where this is going.
What's done is done, I'm afraid. The best I can expect is a few updates with more stuff.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Some of my friends managed to spread the word. Let's see if things will go faster.

Apexeon

Arcane
This is a test. We have only had 705 views on the video so far.
In fact the response so far has been fantastic.

Kickstarter is about the media, quality pitch page, demo and talking.
I am missing all 3.

If we fix the page for pitch 2, invest in a alpha demo (hands on for players) and develop a correct marketing plan (media release) we would be in with a strong chance.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Wait, so this one was designed to fail? To be honest, I'm somewhat confused by this approach. Some projects certainly succeed on a second pitch where the first one failed, but it seems to me that you burn some good will and create a possibly negative impression by linking your profile to an unsuccessful project. That said, I hope it all goes well!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom