Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Heh, Starfield, Cyberpunk, and this.

Maybe their contract with Private Division prevents the IP from belonging to a shell company.

Probably less convoluted when they decide to acquire Obsidian and the IP altogether.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Startfield, Cyberpunk and this.... and we know nothing about all three of them. Like literally nothing apart from the fact that they are "sci-fi".

Quillon

Arcane
We know nothing about Cyberpunk?

I also don't like the name; we know nothing about it yet tho the name suggests its a big franchise with multiple entries in it and shit. At least it should have a subtitle if its in fact the title.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Last Matt Chat interview with Leonard they hinted this might be a hardcore rpg (whatever that means for Leonard) and Matt managed to get out of Leonard and Tim (yea Tim shows up at the end) to say it is not going to be a standard fare RPG but it is going to have that nice Troika twist/enhancement.

This might easily be first good Obsidian RPG after they released Kotor 2.

Rev

Arcane
I thought Indiana was gonna be post-apoc, but if it's really sci-fi I call that :incline:

Flou

Arbiter
Is the ip gonna be owned by take 2, or it is obsidian's?
Obsidian's IP, but T2 can have another developer make games in the same series. Bit of a strange arrangement if you ask me.

Well, sure it gives them the option. But how many studios are there that they can ask to create a sequel to crpg game? Unless they decide to skip crpg elements completely on the sequels, I would presume Obsidian will be their 1st option on any sequel.

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
Obsidian's IP, but T2 can have another developer make games in the same series. Bit of a strange arrangement if you ask me.

Well, sure it gives them the option. But how many studios are there that they can ask to create a sequel to crpg game? Unless they decide to skip crpg elements completely on the sequels, I would presume Obsidian will be their 1st option on any sequel.

what's strange about it, I sure as hell wouldn't task Obs with anything else but producing a story-driven isometric or at least third person RPG.

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
rating_oldman.png

Are we considering Armored Warfare an actual game nowadays or something?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

what's strange about it, I sure as hell wouldn't task Obs with anything else but producing a story-driven isometric or at least third person RPG.
I mean the actual IP arrangement. That other studios can develop games. My guess was that they would take a cut from profits.

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't think they will be able to show it this year if it was still in pre-production

Am I the only one who is completely turned off by the supposed setting? I dunno if it's the taint of Mass Effect, but space dramas seem so bleh now. To make a space setting actually interesting, you have to have actual mystery and suspence and good science fiction, which I don't expect to get from video games that much.

They should have gone with the million and one interesting settings on Earth.

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
I mean with a record like fallout-arcanum-bloodlines I really doubt they'd go for a straight up generic theme :negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom