Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Now they are looking for a Network Programmer and additional Graphic programmers (they had opening listed earlier, now there's two). Both of these new positions require experience with Unreal Engine.

https://www.obsidian.net/jobs/open-positions/programming/1069-network-programmer

So, multiplayer incoming?

Last year: https://www.gameinformer.com/b/feat...es-new-publishing-label-private-division.aspx

“It was the opportunity to work with Tim on a new IP that we were creating from scratch again, because we did it on Fallout and Arcanum and those were great experiences and I just missed doing that, says Boyarsky, who most recently worked on Diablo III for Blizzard. “I missed working on single-player, in-depth RPGs with a lot of choice, consequence, and reactivity. I like making other types of games, but there is something special about the kind of games we started with Fallout that really appeals to us and speaks to us creatively.”

mystery.png

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Yeah you know that in AAAs, there's Dark Souls and in CRPGs, there's Divinity. It doesn't seem unnatural Obsidian to do that kind of thing.

Flou

Arbiter
Now they are looking for a Network Programmer and additional Graphic programmers (they had opening listed earlier, now there's two). Both of these new positions require experience with Unreal Engine.

https://www.obsidian.net/jobs/open-positions/programming/1069-network-programmer

Last year: https://www.gameinformer.com/b/feat...es-new-publishing-label-private-division.aspx

“It was the opportunity to work with Tim on a new IP that we were creating from scratch again, because we did it on Fallout and Arcanum and those were great experiences and I just missed doing that, says Boyarsky, who most recently worked on Diablo III for Blizzard. “I missed working on single-player, in-depth RPGs with a lot of choice, consequence, and reactivity. I like making other types of games, but there is something special about the kind of games we started with Fallout that really appeals to us and speaks to us creatively.”

mystery.png

Hmm. They could have a new project sprung up by now though. All those people from Deadfire must be doing something by now. Support and DLC group isn't that huge. So unless they've just put everyone to work on Indiana there should be something else coming up slowly as well.

Codex Year of the Donut

RepHope

Savant

mystery.png
Very curious to see what they’re making. Are we expecting this to come out for this generation, or will Obsidian be shooting to get the popamole cash as a launch title for next gen?

Quillon

Arcane
About 2 years in development and still no announcement :/ They should have announced it by now even if they have 4 year development plan; its not an established IP after all, they can't/shouldn't market it like what Beth did with F4. Even CDPR revealed CP77 years before its release despite already existing hype around it. So either they have development problems or weird marketing strategy.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Take Two doesn't want to announce any of their Private Division games before 2019, talk to them

Flou

Arbiter
From Megan Starks' LinkedIn:

"Senior Narrative Designer
Company NameObsidian Entertainment
Dates EmployedOct 2015 – Present
Employment Duration3 yrs
LocationOrange County, California Area

Writer and game designer on the RPGs Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire and Tyranny for ObsidianEntertainment. Primary areas of focus include character dialogue, crafting voices, regional plots,backstory, item, area, and creature descriptions, quest text, etc. Portfolio: www.fictivate.com

Currently working on unannounced RPG "

Project Mississippi or she is writing for Indiana.

Developer
Some folks were moved over to Indiana since PoE2 was released (Carrie Patel is writing for Indiana, for example, and Brian Heins moved over as well, among others) and the DLCs don’t need the same number of staff to create the DLC content vs. the PoE2 core game, so it makes sense.

Indiana did lose its Lead Producer/Exec Producer (Rich Taylor) this month to Blizzard, however, he’s gone next week, I think. Rich's role wasn’t the same thing as Project Director, which is Tim Cain, though.

I'm looking forward to Indiana. I think it'll get released for sure.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Some folks were moved over to Indiana since PoE2 was released (Carrie Patel is writing for Indiana, for example, and Brian Heins moved over as well, among others) and the DLCs don’t need the same number of staff to create the DLC content vs. the PoE2 core game, so it makes sense.

Indiana did lose its Lead Producer/Exec Producer (Rich Taylor) this month to Blizzard, however, he’s gone next week, I think. Rich's role wasn’t the same thing as Project Director, which is Tim Cain, though.

I'm looking forward to Indiana. I think it'll get released for sure.

Is Anthony Davis on it?

Developer
Is Anthony Davis on it?

Yep, last I heard (I don't ask about Indiana, it's more what people share with me, which is why I'm looking forward to it in a lot of ways).

Matt MacLean is no longer at Obsidian as well, if I didn't already confirm that in a separate thread (he'd done his DLC work before he left) - the source for this is Matt himself. ; )

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Does that mean Indiana is the next gen title?! :negative:

Context:

Is this Anthony "Bad Movie Lover" Davis's subtle hint on Mississippi or something: https://www.linkedin.com/in/badmovielover/

Unannounced Next Gen RPG (2018 - Current)

Doesn't quite seem like Project Indiana (Next-gen? "I am not the Lead Programmer [on Project Indiana]" and still Lead Programmer on LinkedIn) but who knows.

(I suspect people might be misunderstanding what "next-gen" means in this day and age.)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom