Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Project Eternity Kickstarter Update #22: Q&A with Tim, Cooking?, and Avellone Trolls You!

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
If making BG2 like game would actually cost 4.5 million would it get on funded on KS? So you do what you can with the money people give you. This is more of a charity than a business proposal. I have never seen a business plan of charity organization or a beggar. The question is, did you?

Regarding charity business plans: Derp

Maybe next time you should read what you put as proof or something. It is 73 pages of mug shots, meaningless buzz words and catch phrases like:
"The Finance Information Team continues
to drive a more focused approach to financial
management through the introduction of the
Hyperion Budgeting and Forecasting model
that has moved the Blood Service to a monthly
forecasting regime."

Monthly forecasting? Last time I checked excel was still there if you know what you are doing.

Obsi revealed much more with their KS than this whole business plan, that is followed by 2 pages of meaningless numbers that CAN only anger some people who know shit about it.

1. Let me remind you that the purpose of this campaign is purely commercial in nature.

2. And the issue of the whole thing possibly costing more than $3.5 million - this is exactly the problem I was talking about. They promise mountains but actually have no clue how much it is going to cost. Budget, anyone?

1. Oh, Wow. Because every business plan starts with we really need your help and donations.
2. They don't promise mountains, you imagine mountains and that's your problem. They promised us an IE "style" game that will be delivered for the given amount of donations/preorders. The quality of it can range from Van Burren to NWN 2 or BG2, but we have 0 control over it. Live with it or don't donate.

Dhralei

Learned
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Saw this on reddit just now, well played sir, well played indeed.

[–]Enforcer84 3 Punkte26 Minuten zuvor

Are you the same Chris Avellone who used to do Stick Figure Theater in Champions books? If so, hi!
If not, sorry bout that, but Hi!
[–]Obsidian_Ent[S] 1 Punkt9 Sekunden zuvor

Chris Avellone has a nostalgia attack:
Yes, and if you want to see more, they're on Twitter (@chrisavellone), too. I doodle on everything when I get restless. Or I'm on the phone. Or having beers and I've brought my sketchbook. I believe I did all the RPG Codex stick figure style trolls while intoxicated.
Um, I mean SOBER. Yes, SOBER. And professional.

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/commen..._avellone_tim_cain_and_josh_sawyer/?limit=500

:excellent:

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
more stuff

I am too tired to reiterate what I wrote over and over again. Suffice it to say I am not pleased with the formula they follow, whereas you are satisfied. I don't think they showed off their professionalism - merely their enthusiasim. And I don't think it's enough far a good money pitch. You disagree. Let's leave it here, shall we? We are both too bored with all this to continue.

Let me say one thing: I am really not some miser who just waits with anticipation for the project to fail to dance around laughing and bawling "Didn't I tell you?! Didn't I tell you? I told you, didn't I?". I really hope these chaps will succeed - that's why I pledged some moneys: both here on the 'Dex and via PayPal. I do want to play PE and enjoy the heck of it. However, I have to confess, I feel I did that against my better judgement and experience, and I won't be too surprised if the whole thing does not produce desired results (i.e. decent BG2 clone).

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Somebody ask about Ravel, if we will her incarnation in PE.

Your question was answered.

Is there any interest in including another incarnation of Ravel? The last one I recognized was back in KOTOR 2. Has the concept become less interesting?

Chris Avellone thinks:
I think Ravel's been explored enough. If I did another D&D game, I might, but Kreia in K2 was designed to explore that relationship more, and I feel she ended up being a thorough exploration of her personality archetype so much so I don't feel the need to go any further. It also helped that the context of the Star Wars universe also helped give her a fresh take.
The fact that Ravel existed across the Planes and perceived time differently than others was always an interesting element to write for. And I always liked her for her more honest emotions (feelings for the player and her attempts to do good and change her nature even when her nature got in the way).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom