Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Project Eternity Kickstarter Update #20: Screenshot! Lore! Stronghold and Another Big City!

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
That looks really nice.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
What were you hoping for, by the way? Something turn-based? Or something like Arcanum/Fallout? My hope is that Obsidian would do something like Arcanum 2 (in spirit) if this works out for them.

I couldn't get into Arcanum. Just didn't click for me.

I tried to like Baldurs, I really did, but it bored the hell out of me.

What were you hoping for, by the way? Something turn-based? Or something like Arcanum/Fallout? My hope is that Obsidian would do something like Arcanum 2 (in spirit) if this works out for them.

It's not about the gameplay. I think he has some strange fetish for Fallout's copy-pasty, "functional" looking areas.

shadysands_local2.jpg

Fucking sweet!

I don't know if it's nostalgia, but I've got a raging semi!

Cynic

Arcane
My guess would be that it's probably pretty easy to just layer 3D graphics on top, PS1 games that were 2D did this quite a lot. Castlevania Symphony of the Night comes to mind particularly with waterfalls.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
It's not about the gameplay. I think he has some strange fetish for Fallout's copy-pasty, "functional" looking areas.

Actually, that functional look is what I like. I played it as a strategy/rpg hybrid. I complete every possible quest, clear every cave and hostile area etc... That was part of my joy in fallout.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Actually, that functional look is what I like. I played it as a strategy/rpg hybrid. I complete every possible quest, clear every cave and hostile area etc... That was part of my joy in fallout.

Funny that you should say that, considering that the Infinity Engine games were far more "strategy gamey" than Fallout in everything but their graphical style.

kaizoku

Arcane
That artwork just convinced me that I'm not really interested in playing PE.

I'm interested in it succeeding and I'll give it a shot when it's released, but it doesn't seem like the game I was hoping they would make.

Just my opinion though, I'm sure this appeals to a lot of you here.
Graphic whorism at its best.
An inverse type of whorism, but still one.

You mentioned playing TOEE. That had some animated stuff in it. It was 3D and looked pretty crappy (trees) but it was there.
Shut your filthy whore mouth!
ToEE was beautiful.

As for this screenshot it also looks amazing.
I particularly like the artistic carving in those statues.
*fucking wallpapered*

Regarding fixed vs. rotatable camera. I'm ok with both and it isn't any immersion breaker.
What I don't like is having to rotate the camera at every minute or so.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Funny that you should say that, considering that the Infinity Engine games were far more "strategy gamey" than Fallout in everything but their graphical style.

Don't speak down to me please. You're the one getting wet for some RTwP thing with nice artwork.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
That artwork just convinced me that I'm not really interested in playing PE.

I'm interested in it succeeding and I'll give it a shot when it's released, but it doesn't seem like the game I was hoping they would make.

Just my opinion though, I'm sure this appeals to a lot of you here.

Graphic whorism at its best.
An inverse type of whorism, but still one.

:P

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I upped my pledge to $40 to get the expansion. Also, I want that 3.5 mil stretch goal to happen. Love big cities in my RPGs.

godsend1989

Scholar
Divinity: Original Sin
I can already imagine some elf chillaxing near the cascade, maybe rubbing his feet in the water doing normal chillaxing things.

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I think ToEE looks better, actually. But since it is an early build, perhaps PE will turn out to be nice (graphic-wise).

the_temple_of_elemental_evil_pc_7.jpg

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Talking about blinded by nostalgia. I know it is subjective, but come on, TOEE doesn't look better.

Cynic

Arcane
ToEE interests me in terms how they did the angles/tilt. Some areas seem to be tilted in such a way that it feels almost top down while others appear very isometric. It actually made the environments quite interesting and different to one another. Whereas IE games the angle always felt the same. I preferred ToEE's approach because of the feeling of variety.

superdeluxe

Novice
I feel that they should have mini-stretch goals between 3.0-3.5. People like to reach mini goals helps generate buzz in the final push.

That being said all dat lore, alamanac and screenshot is great

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy

I am hoping for a TRUE fallout 2 sequel or PST spiritual sequel.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
This ToEE artwork is interesting me.

Maybe I should give it a go.

And maybe I was a little premature in forming a judgement of PE from one piece of artwork.

I just want more Fallout type games is all:(

Black

Arcane
This ToEE artwork is interesting me.

Maybe I should give it a go.

And maybe I was a little premature in forming a judgement of PE from one piece of artwork.

I just want more Fallout type games is all:(
It's still rtwp.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom