Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Project Eternity Kickstarter Update #20: Screenshot! Lore! Stronghold and Another Big City!

nihil

Augur
Project: Eternity
I also wonder how will they make this game a reality. I have no doubt about succeeding, but they are planing a lot of things, lots of classes, a huge world map (with lots of places to visit I assume), different races, C&C. And all this from 3 million? If they manage to do that, why are we having games like Shit Effect and Derp Age 2 which cost a lot and are shit.

Content creation is probably much, much more expensive for games like Mass Effect and Dragon Age. Cut scenes, everything is lip synced and motion captured, 3D environments with details that have to look good close up from any viewpoint, extremely advanced game engine.

As for why we have Mass Effect and Dragon Age, that's what (most) people want.

Self-Ejected

HobGoblin42

Self-Ejected
Patron
Developer
Codex 2013 Codex USB, 2014
And the development costs of inhouse studios are usually much higher - people become lazy as shit if their company has been bought by EA or other behemoths.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
Wow that screenshot looks incredible. Fuck Dragon Age, this game is the REAL spiritual sequel to Baldurs Gate 2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom