Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Project Eternity Kickstarter Update #15: Classes and Full Party Creation + New Josh Sawyer Interview

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I like monks, but I HATE druids & rangers with all my heart. Does anyone likes playing a tree worshiper?

Druids were a lot of fun to play in D&D based games. Animal companion, shapeshifting, decent spell selection.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It's just you being butthurt that people both criticize what they don't like and give a nod to what they do at the same time. Which is what is happening on the subject of PE almost solely, except for a few guys like FeelTheRads who is one extreme polar and Roguey who is trying to set deepthroat records.
Ah yes all that deepthroating I was doing when I kept calling this Dullsville: Eternity and "Low Budget Dragon Age/TORN mk 2."

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
I like monks, but I HATE druids & rangers with all my heart. Does anyone likes playing a tree worshiper?

Druids were a lot of fun to play in D&D based games. Animal companion, shapeshifting, decent spell selection.

That's a personal preference. I find their spells weaker than those of sorcerers and especially mages (due to spell customization before battles) and I never go melee with druids as they are usually worse than "true" fighter classes. I know you can make a muchkin druid, but I never bothered.

MCA
Project Eternity: "we are too broke to license DND and creatively bankrupt to create an original and unique setting so we will just rip DND off and rename everything except don't count on us on the latter."

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Project Eternity: "we are too broke to license DND and creatively bankrupt to create an original and unique setting so we will just rip DND off and rename everything except don't count on us on the latter."

Why so butthurt? Who cares if the setting isn't original? I'm far more interested in what they do with the setting that uniqueness for the sake of uniqueness.

UnknownBro

Savant
Fuck them in the ass if this thing has cooldowns... I swear I'll never buy another Obsidian game if this thing has cooldowns... I'll be watching Obsidian... I'll be watching vigilant... :fight:
Don't let us down again!

serch

Magister

I think the whole recycling, energy-providing, breakable, marketeable souls is going to give quite a hard twist to the usual formula besides explaining some unconfortable combat mechanics like why a 20 level fighter can take an axe to the face.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
PE iwill be a fun game. But I have a much better concept of an 'original' high fantasy game,. R00fles, FUKKIN' R00FLES, R00fles!

"The game will be balanced around you only having N people in your party at a particular stage, so if you were to start with a full party the early game would be a cakewalk."

Meh. It didn't seem to destroy BG's balance when youc reate a aprty of 6 at start. Candlekeep is really easy anyways combatwise and takes like 2 maps that you can speed past on the road in less than 10 minutes to get a full part of 6. L0LZ

"Cool, I like the concept of making Wizards able to wear full-plate through a wide selection of skills/feats."

Like DnD? FFS

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
. I'll be watching Obsidian... I'll be watching vigilant...
Don't let us down again!
What do you mean by again? They have never let us down so far. :troll:

So you ARE hoping for another NWN2 or Alpha Protocol?
Of course I'm hoping for a better game than those. This doesn't mean that I didn't like them. I don't if I said that:

I LIKED ALPHA PROTOCOL THIS MUCH!

Oh, you did. It's one of the few reasons I always keep a critical eye when reading your posts :smug:

But that wasn't my point. You really think NWN2 wasn't a disappointment? That's an... interesting opinion.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
But that wasn't my point. You really think NWN2 wasn't a disappointment? That's an... interesting opinion.
What can I say...I'm easy to please. It's nowhere near a classic, but it is good for what it is IMO.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Well I'm not a true storyfag I guess. :roll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom