Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Project Eternity Kickstarter Update #49: Prototype Demo

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Owned again, inEPTile.

Characters are small as hell, as the camera is zoomed really far out. Not sure if I like. Looks like the infinity engine games that were intended to be played on 800x600 but played in 1928x1200 with mods. I like that the shadows bends and lights bends over the 2d backgrounds in the way you would expect.
You'll be able to zoom in the camera anytime you want. BG:EE has this feature. :M

aris

Arcane
Nice, that's at least one thing that modders haven't been able to do to my knowledge.

Now when is BG2:EE coming out?
:rpgcodex:

aris

Arcane
Do you have any footage of it in action? I can't into searching the internet.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Quality is too low to discern pixelization/blurriness though.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I'm talking about the inxile clown posse and their terrible, terrible artists.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
uZwO3.gif

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Fucking amazing. If they manage to keep up this level of quality for all areas it will be the best looking game since a decade or so. Good job Obsidian! :love:

Surf Solar should be happy about this.

kaizoku

Arcane
The best
!st Looks great
now the criticism
- I'd like to see a different weather / season for the same area
- I'd like to see animations for a strong wind
- The plants art doesn't impress.. like nothing. And I'm not asking for variety of bushes and grass here.
- Dust on foosteps
- Small animals roaming
- dynamic cloud shadowing the ground.
Small bugs
- as the night comes, the shadows don't rotate (accordingly with the sun's position)
- at night the bushes move from the breeze the trees do not .. trees are more likely to be affected by the wind.
What a gaylord
criticism and bugs he says. OLOL

:notsureifserious:
but since dynamic cloud shadows is actualy a good proposition...

I'd be fine with any improvement. But the thing is, I rather they spend their money on more important aspects of the game than graphics.
Right now it looks good enough for me.

The only real issue for me are the character sizes. But I'm on a 15'' laptop, so I don't know.
Buying a 24'' screen may help with that.

Also when they zoomed in it looked pretty good and since (according to Roguey) you can zoom... all is good.

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
:yeah:

I think that characters are about the right size, when you have to fight dozens of monsters it could be quite handy. And if you want to see details, you can zoom. Also, I like the mystery vibe. You can really feel that this is an ancient temple or something and all sorts of surprises await you inside.

Coboney

Scholar
Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Pretty nice to see - obviously its still early on but great showing for where they are and presents a lot of beauty for the world.

Also this is nice to see for Torment since Obsidian and inXile are sharing technology.

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
This kinda thing makes me wanna make an RPG!
I have so many questions to ask the programmers and artists....the water flooding in an out of the scene is amazing.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I really like how the characters are detailed despite being small compared to the gameworld.

untitled1c8ysi.png

Also, I am curious if they created their own stuff for the animated foliage, or if they use the same program that I use to make the trees and grass wobble. Because, in the video, it looks a bit stiff and can be made looking much better. But that's just minor nitpicking.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Neogaf's gonna Neogaf

The water level change looks silly. Water doesn't just appear or disappear like that.
That said, i don't expect them to make a complex water flow system, as cool as that'd be.
Also, wind. Or lack of it. Or rather, the odd way the trees and bushes sway. Looks wrong.
But i reckon those can still change. Somehow i don't expect them to change though.

I'll admit that lighting looked impressive. But otherwise, meh, nothing special,, just good enough.

The scenario is very pretty. I'm not particularly impressed about characters models, on the other hand.

That Torment preview looked definitely better.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Gorgeous. Oh, how long have I desired to see a game like that in full HD, taking advantage of today's technologies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom