Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

problem with "help" system

Stormbinder

Novice
Hi.

After reading a lot of positive things about this game I've decided to try it out and downloaded the latest version of the game.

Unfortunately I've encountered what seem to be a bug while I was trying tolearn the ropes of the game and generate new party.

Basicly while reading in-game info/help system (history of the world, explanation of game mechanics, etc.) every time the text description would be longer than one in-game information window the rest of the text (other than the first page of it) became unreadable. Basicly it "spills out" outside of the small game help-window. (in the center of the screen) It looks like the game does not check the size of the help item's text and tries to display the whole text at once, instead displaying part that fits the window and letting me scroll it. And the bottom part of this "spilled out" text is pretty much unreadable.

Has anybody else encountered things like that? Is there anything I can do to correct this issue on my computer? I really would like to try this game, but this bug makes it hard to get inforamtion that I need to play it.

Thanks a lot!

P.S. I've been playing the game in 1024/768 resolution. Is it a native one for this game or should I try to change it?

galsiah

Erudite
It's probably a resolution issue. 800x600 the standard on which most testing has been done. Perhaps it'd be best to create your party under 800x600, then switch later. Most in-game help text isn't so long.

Alternatively you can always just read the help text file outside the game. It's in reverse alphabetical order, so it's not hard to find what you want. That way you can be sure not to miss any information too.

CP

Liturgist
Stormbinder said:
Hi.

After reading a lot of positive things about this game I've decided to try it out and downloaded the latest version of the game.

Unfortunately I've encountered what seem to be a bug while I was trying tolearn the ropes of the game and generate new party.

Basicly while reading in-game info/help system (history of the world, explanation of game mechanics, etc.) every time the text description would be longer than one in-game information window the rest of the text (other than the first page of it) became unreadable. Basicly it "spills out" outside of the small game help-window. (in the center of the screen) It looks like the game does not check the size of the help item's text and tries to display the whole text at once, instead displaying part that fits the window and letting me scroll it. And the bottom part of this "spilled out" text is pretty much unreadable.

Has anybody else encountered things like that? Is there anything I can do to correct this issue on my computer? I really would like to try this game, but this bug makes it hard to get inforamtion that I need to play it.

Thanks a lot!

P.S. I've been playing the game in 1024/768 resolution. Is it a native one for this game or should I try to change it?

That should definitely bd a resolution issue. Let me know if you have any more problems once you've changed to 800x600.

Thanks.

CP

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom