Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

*redacted*

Cassidy

Arcane
*redacted*

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
2 - D (4 votes), do not put the lives and souls of the priests accompanying Angartýr in jeopardy.
Wait, who was the 4th voter for 2D?

Nevermind. Don't want to head to the center of the city alone, and it is unlikely we will find anything outside of the city. Don't want to head to the place where there are dozens of enemies either. We can't quite mingle with the locals.

Into the pyramid we go. 2.

Last edited:

Cassidy

Arcane
Another draw. What is the best option?

2, investigate the inverted step pyramid in the outskirts of the nameless city

or

5, investigate a heavily patrolled city block with a horde of Eldritch reptilian chimeras also in the outskirts.

Cassidy

Arcane
This is a point of no return in this CYOA. If anyone supporting for Angartýr to resist against the awakening wants to switch votes to ensure one of the options for him to stay human wins, I'm giving you the chance.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Of course, writing it in a nordic language might be better. "hjem" is the Danish and Norwegian version of "home". Might work. "hem" is the Swedish version, that only consists of 3 letters, not 4. Considering the root of Vinlandish speech, Icelandic could also be worth a shot; "heim".

Thoughts people?

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Seriously though, some sort of set of coordinates would probably be better. "What word or number in that language Angartýr is currently strangely familiarized with should be put on the first column?"
It's a Horror From Outer Space. It has some means of navigating the Earth.
Latitudes and longitudes are a possible approximation.

We have 4 points of input.
First could denote the solar system. Agantýr is "strangely familiarized" with horror-speak, so he should know the right name.
Second would then denote the proper planet. Hope he's learned enough to denote #3.
Third could denote the time and date. Which is probably quite important here, if we're talking instant transportation. I'd go for the date after we entered the buried city in the desert.
Finally the fourth I would then assume holds information about latitude/longitude or something similar. My first thought here is to aim for Vinland's capital, though that would mean abandoning our brethren in Jerusalem... Second thought thereby being Jerusalem, so we could abandon the city properly and sail for Vinland.

Thoughts on this?

Oh, and Baltika9 ? A bit silly to go into space without any protection against cold, hard vacuum, don't you think? Even though Agantýr is immortal, that plan sounds like boredom waiting to happen...

Baltika9

Arcane
Okay, okay. Flopping to 'SPQR.' Maybe it's a time machine?
+M
Serious answer: it's easy to say 'I wanna go to my battle bros in Jerusalem,' but what are its coordinates?

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
My bad. I thought we'd chosen to know about navigation, but it seems we didn't. Here's to hoping the extended educational system of Vinland has ingrained the basics of longitude and latitude in Freyja and Vinland, and by proxy, Agantýr.
With all the other fundamentals of education laid down, not knowing proper navigation seems more than a bit silly.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Why do we think that this thing operates in the same coordinates and dimensions that we are used to?

Just look at the geometry of this place.

The only thing that can operate this machine is our third consciousness. If it knows the language, it might know the required coordinates as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom