Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Prison Architect - DU challenge Stream

DakaSha II

Prospernaut
So as you all know, being the amazing human being that I am, I self ejected, then came crawling back like a small dicked faggot. DU is an asshole so he wont give me full member status unless I amuse him in some way, but DU is a bro so he came up with a fun idea to give me full member status

2wrj614.png

(notice the coveted DarkUnderlord brofist)

This is interesting because ive been looking for a good tycoon/business sim to play and prison architect is one. Ive owned the game since way back when it was in early access, but I never played it for longer than 5 mins for a couple reasons.

This challenge gives me a reason to play it seriously. In fact, I'm probably going to have to get decent at the game to even get to a 1000 prisoner count in the first place. I'll probably have to start over multiple times, and my pathetic attempts will probably be amusing for a while at least.

Its also very codexian to gain that skill, build up the prison, and then force it to all crash down.

I'm also not going to be a pussy about it. I'm going to play with all difficulty options on (failure conditions, non-unlimited funds etc) unless it becomes apparent that the goal is literally impossible to reach without turning them off. Also no save scumming.

Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/dakasha/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need to see how the vods work (for evidence). I know twitch doesnt save them forever so i need to find out how i can download them etc. Ive never used the functionality before.

Ill update when i start for the 3 people who may be interested in calling me nasally voiced faggot off and on while im streaming. I may start today, or in two weeks after finals or over, but I felt like getting this long ass op out of the way.

edit: Again I don't really know anything about the game. If 1000 prisoners isn't even possible, let me know, and I'll have to renegotiate with DU. According to some steam reviews the game may not run well enough after a couple hundred prisoners.

Last edited:

DakaSha II

Prospernaut
I'm probably going to start soon. too tired to play anything that requires me to be quick, so i may as well play this csul shit :troll:

edit: Again I don't really know anything about the game. If 1000 prisoners isn't even possible, let me know, and I'll have to renegotiate with DU. According to some steam reviews the game may not run well enough after a couple hundred prisoners.

It's possible with incredible lag. Suffering because of this is whole point of challenge actually :lol:

DakaSha II

Prospernaut

It's possible with incredible lag. Suffering because of this is whole point of challenge actually :lol:

*shrug* If i realize it cant be done at least im playing a good game.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
It's doable... if you lower the numbers to something humane codexian, like... dunno... 666 prisoners? Still, since the fabled SS let's play never comes and the playground lacks a good rehab LP I'd take it...

But probably DU won't
:troll:

Anyway, watching thread with interest, prison architect is indeed a good game :salute:

DakaSha II

Prospernaut
I already started and the vods are there (not that they are worth watching by any means). The next time i play i will be starting over since ive gotten a bit more of a grasp of whats going on.

It seems like it would make sense to build a decently large prison/complete some of the grant quests before even accepting new prisoners. Otherwise you just have a bunch of overly angry cunts running around crying about dirty clothes.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Well, there's an optimal way of doing things... But I'll just tell you to have a good look at the requirement for each mission, there are things you need and the missions are there to finance you, with just a little leftover. Usually it's better to start slow but keep taking prisoners each day (you can decide the exact number if you didn't know). Maximum security prisoners give more cash up front but require more maintenance in the long term, just stick with normal security untill you feel confident and don't go overboard. I usually don't bother with minimal sec untill late game, they give less money but iirc the amount of upkeep you get from them is the same, once you're financially stable they're nice because they give you less problems.

PS: some quests are only doable when your total population is still low, then they become much harder. I usually do the one about experimental meal schedule as soon as I'm able to enforce some control. Protip, it helps to use a big 4-6 hours lunchbreak for those couple of days, unless they changed it in recent patches you are only asked to give them a single meal (with a couple more quirks) they don't specify for how long...

Last edited:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
DakaSha II has failed to deliver and is now trying to worm his way out of this challenge which is piss easy for anyone with over 350+ hours in Prison Architect.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
What kind of masochist would play that game for 350+ hours?

Gregz

Arcane
For what it's worth, DakaSha brings massive incline to the shoutbox, unless you are Crispy

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom