Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wadjet Eye Primordia - A Point and Click Adventure - Now Available

lightbane

Arcane
So I was looking on Twitter for things related to Primordia and found a tweet from someone saying she won't play because it has a male protagonist. Clicked on the tweet to tell her that there is also a female protagonist. Saw Twitter feed. Forsook effort. Man, some people are weird.
But the protagonist is a robot and technically agender then, isn't he? Not that I recommend you to argue with these feminists/crazy girls.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
I think there actually is gender in Primordia, particularly if you think gender is a social construct. :D

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So is there any chance of getting it on smartphones for adults and non-hipsters?

The Android version of Gemini Rue was perfect on a Galaxy Note with the stylus.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Funny you should mention that, as a Chinese review just said: "If made 3D action RPG, will be very amazing."

:obviously:

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
MRY

Do you have a discussion thread for your new project? Some place we can get overhyped, butthurt, and ultimately just call you a dumbfuck?

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Finally played (and enjoyed) this. Post-apocalyptic stuff is somewhat rare in adventures and this was well done. The robots revering Man The Builder as some quasi-mythological figure was a nice touch. Only complaint I have is that it was too short. I'd have loved to explore some of the themes more. Oh well, going to check out the novella now.

Ei2jwOE.jpg

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Thanks! Consensus seems to be it's too short. In hindsight, it would've been better if the emergency exit from the Council Tower dumped you into a new area (probably the Cathedral), which would've helped pace out the ending a bit too. Glad you liked it. "Fallen" is really too short to be a novella itself, more of a short story. But it's something!

[EDIT: Also, thanks for posting. We basically live by positive word of mouth given the crappiness of our commercial reviews.]

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
That's a problem with most adventure games these days.

Of course your average modern "gamer" has the attention span of a goldfish but with a game like Primordia you really want it to keep going since it has a well developed setting and backstory that you just want to keep exploring.

Last edited:

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Yes, it's one reason why I have such admiration for Quest for Infamy -- when one talks about the pyramid at Giza, the main point of interest isn't whether it's a perfect square pyramid (although it's pretty great in that respect, too), but simply that it's gigantic. Most adventure games now are miniatures and some of them are very fine miniatures but it's really a very different beast (much easier to make, imho, because you need fewer coherent ideas and thematic puzzles).

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Cyberpunk adventure game "Primordia" heads to iPhone/iPad on September 21

Wadjet Eye Games is in the process of bringing their catalog of acclaimed adventure games to the App Store, and a new one is almost here! The cyberpunk adventure Primordia will release for iPhone and iPad on September 21.

Original launch trailers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YvWQi_5fsw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBNfqwt3YyQ

Review copies: App Store promo codes are available now for press - please email pr@wadjeteyegames.com to request one. Prefer to check out Primordia on Windows? No worries, we have Steam keys too!

Beastro

Arcane
Like the treatment of religion, it's very "human" in that it's inaccurate, and yet has a kernel of truth to it and hope.

What stands out though is what doesn't stand out, that the deeper implications of the story and world are left unsaid for you to figure out, that make them all the more unsettling that even the characters don't really understand the full impact of the truth. It makes for a neat balance between serious themes and a sweet innocence, which a lot of good adventure games possess. I've read elsewhere people arguing over the influence of BASS in the game, but that one is one of the biggest.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Thanks, Beastro -- we were definitely shooting for that balance. I don't know that BASS was really the inspiration for that; almost all of its inspiration was on the art side, though I'm sure I subconsciously pilfered stuff, too.

I wouldn't mind more range in the palette, but it does sort of fit the theme. We actually have a joke about it in the "Fallen" spin-off story: "This was how it had looked: like an oil painting in reds and browns, abstract and smeared, then reduced to crude squares. . . ."

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
I don't mind the pallete in itself, I just genuinely had massive problem finding hotspots, and ended up abandoning the game completely. Which is a shame really, the game had lovely atmosphere.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
The iPhone version has a hotspot highlighter! Problem solved. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom