Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wadjet Eye Primordia - A Point and Click Adventure - Now Available

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
CegVymSWsAEjXUD.jpg

Maybe in some objective sense this is dorky, but it delights me to no end. He even has a plasma torch! And Clarity has total swagger.

I knew it ! Primordia 2 will be a 3D sandbox adventure game created with Cryengine !

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Oh hey, look at this: http://store.steampowered.com/app/439310/

Until I Have You, is a story-driven, fast-paced, retro-aesthetic platformer, engulfed in a Cyberpunk setting.

Driving you to the edge of your seat as you run n' gun through enemies, the game recounts a thrilling story of regret, love and corruption, in a city that’s gone haywire and just doesn't give a damn.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh hey, look at this: http://store.steampowered.com/app/439310/

Until I Have You, is a story-driven, fast-paced, retro-aesthetic platformer, engulfed in a Cyberpunk setting.

Driving you to the edge of your seat as you run n' gun through enemies, the game recounts a thrilling story of regret, love and corruption, in a city that’s gone haywire and just doesn't give a damn.
That is the cyberpunk platformer from James Spanos, Primordia's programmer. There is a demo available on IndieDB (I assume the demo will appear on Steam too).

http://www.indiedb.com/games/until-i-have-you/downloads/untilihaveyoudemo

From what I have seen, the game is looking pretty neat (for what it is :P).

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Despite trying for hours, I've been unable to get good with its control scheme. But I think for players who get the controls, it'll be a really neat game -- cool art, oldschool difficulty, etc.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I'm tempted to get UIHY solely because it's a Wormwood cyberpunk game, but then again, it's a platformer, and from what I gather not a Metroidvania platformer, either. The indie scene has been suffering from major platformer overload for years, and so has my backlog.

Well, I'll pop it on the ol' wishlist.

DaveGilbert

Wadjet Eye Games
Developer
Hi all! We're very close to an iOS port of Primordia!

janmordia.jpg

This is my wife Janet working on the port. Yes, she does need three computers to do her job. (Build Primordia on PC, then package it on Mac, then run it on the iPad. Then she plays along with a YouTube walkthrough to make sure it works properly. Rinse and repeat until there are no bugs left!)

Anyrate, we are looking for some fresh testers to check it out. If anyone is interested and has an iPhone 4S or higher, drop Janet a line: janet AT wadjeteyegames DOT com. She'll hook you up.

Cheers!

-Dave

Last edited:

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Funny how one learns of things. :)

This is great news. I'll post on the WWS feeds.

DaveGilbert

Wadjet Eye Games
Developer
Honestly I don't know much about the process. I just leave it to Janet! From what I understand, for testing purposes you don't have to go through the appstore. You only need to do that to sell it.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Primordia's two bucks on GOG.com. A complete Spanish translation is about two weeks away, so if for some reason that would push you over the edge to buy it, you should buy now while it's cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:

Septaryeth

Augur
Just finished the game and read the novella.

"Simultaneously, it was very flattering to have fans asking for a sequel, saying the story must go on, etc., etc. All the same, I was convinced that Primordia’s story was complete: Horatio’s arc was done (as were his friends’), and the setting would inevitably become less interesting the more we tried to fill it in. Moreover, the story’s themes seemed complete."

:salute:

Nothing but respect here.
It's easy to lay back and bask in the praise from your audiences, yet you didn't conform to their expectation.
I admit that for me the end does come somehow surprising, I was half-expecting Metropolis to be a pitstop of a journey, like a first town in your stereotypical hero's journey, but when you really think about it, everything in this game, the themes, the story, the characters, they are just...compact, whole, knitted tightly.
I'm guessing we just like the characters too much to see their story ends here, but it's the completion of their story that made us like them in the first place.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Thanks! Fallen Gods isn't really likely to scratch the same itch, but I do hope to come back to adventure games some day, life permitting.

I like to imagine that for Horatio and his friends, Metropol was just the first stop. I don't think they can outrun the world's end, but they strike me as likely to keep going till the last bolt rusts.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
So I was looking on Twitter for things related to Primordia and found a tweet from someone saying she won't play because it has a male protagonist. Clicked on the tweet to tell her that there is also a female protagonist. Saw Twitter feed. Forsook effort. Man, some people are weird.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom