Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arkane PREY - Arkane's immersive coffee cup transformation sim - now with Mooncrash roguelike mode DLC

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
'the fuck outta here. Decline-era ARPGs are shit (aside from Souls series, New Vegas, and Castlevania: OoE). Prey is decent but just doesn't qualify as a inclined success.

1997-2002 was the golden years of the ARPG and/or 3D RPG. System Shock 2, Deus Ex, Arx Fatalis, Morrowind, Gothic 1, Gothic 2, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Parasite Eve 2, Severance: Blade of Darkness, probably more.
It's not as good as those, but I say we're improving, these new ARPGs are better than early mid 10s ARPGs.

Ash, would you mind suggesting me some incline games in these last years? Because all the rpg I've tried didn't satisfy me. Maybe you know a game or two I didn't know about (pc platform games please).

Ash

Arcane
Stock response is the Souls games and New Vegas. Everything else that I do like is somewhat compromised (Dying Light) though actually acceptable as far as AAA goes, or is decent but perhaps too "consoley" (Dead Space). To be honest I'm not the best person to ask. After being disappointed time and time again I've stopped trying new modern games as much. Instead that focus goes into trying old games I missed, an era that actually deserves the attention, as well as replaying the classics with mods. Doing so more than usual I mean.

It's not as good as those, but I say we're improving, these new ARPGs are better than early mid 10s ARPGs.

Yeah, no disagreement here.

Ash

Arcane
Currently playing Duke Nukem 3D (1996). Previous game was STALKER: Call of Pipyrat (2009). Before that was Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (2008). Before that was Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams (2006).

The latter two are console/handheld ARPGs that were played vanilla or emulated. The former are classic PC games played modded. All are worthwhile experiences for gameplayfags a.k.a actual gamers.

Don't let those dates fool anyone either. Late 2000s weren't good years for gaming, but some rare decent titles slipped by. It's coincidence multiple late 2000s games are in this list, typically it'd be 90s or early-mid 2000s.

Last edited:
Ash

For duke3d I recommend you strongly:

1) http://www.moddb.com/mods/duke-nukem-forever (and the dlc)
2) http://www.moddb.com/mods/duke-hard/downloads/duke-hard-episode (the mod I enjoyed the most to this date)

I guess they could be worth playing once:

3) http://www.moddb.com/mods/haunted-nukem/downloads/haunted-nukem

Still undecided if good or not:

4) http://www.moddb.com/mods/infinity-...downloads/infinity-secrets-of-the-necropolis1

Is there a mod you would suggest me for D3d or call of prypyat?

Last edited:
Currently playing Duke Nukem 3D (1996). Previous game was STALKER: Call of Pipyrat (2009).

Those two are among my favorites that I inevitably get an itch to replay from time to time. Going through CoP again at the moment actually. Latest Absolute Nature mod version looks damn good, they even gave the option to increase grass draw distance to really high levels. Can already see trying that years down the road with that future PC.

Latelistener

Arcane
They should just fix the issues with the main game, and add promised "hardcore" features. so people who actually bought it will enjoy it more.
But judging by the teasers it will be a separate addon.

RoSoDude

Arcane
More tired teases from Bethesda's lazy marketing department.

It's been noted that the capital letters in this tweet are a scramble of "GOOD MORNING MORGAN". Notably, the full message at the start of the game is "Good morning Morgan. Today is Monday, March 15th, 2032".

So, while it will neither be a Monday nor 2032, it's pretty likely that this is teasing something to be announced tomorrow on March 15th. Brace yourselves for minor hype or mild disappointment!

Tom Selleck

Arcane
If it's prequel story DLC I will be upset, but then again, the story kinda blew in the end, so it's not like I'll be hype for sequel story DLC. Just give me better guns.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
fascist racist gameinformer cannot be opened in my country
fuck them all to death
I can open gameinformer just fine. Get a new internet provider.
9HR0o5r.jpg

I know it's an old post and maybe it was really blocked back then but whatever.

Hines

Savant

The second image without the crap has the date 06.10.2018 (E3) and Moon written on the board.

Finally, this clue superficially appears to be unrelated but is rather cryptic in its own way.

Last edited:

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

The second image without the crap has the date 06.10.2018 (E3) and Moon written on the board.

Finally, this clue superficially appears to be unrelated but just is rather cryptic in its own way.

Notice how there are fewer people in the last pic?

That's because the big nigress on the left ate the others. Explains how she doubled in size on the same day.

Ash

Arcane
^Harsh, but it's the codex. I won't challenge it.

I wonder if they celebrated international men's day back in November? Probably not, the NuMales at Arkane are suspect self-cuckolders, giving away their fair share of the gender power dynamics.

Those two are among my favorites that I inevitably get an itch to replay from time to time. Going through CoP again at the moment actually. Latest Absolute Nature mod version looks damn good, they even gave the option to increase grass draw distance to really high levels. Can already see trying that years down the road with that future PC.

The final third of CoP was so disappointing though :negative:

Know of any mods that fixes that particular problem?

Ash

Arcane
If it's prequel story DLC I will be upset, but then again, the story kinda blew in the end, so it's not like I'll be hype for sequel story DLC. Just give me better guns.

Incoming expansion of the lesbo subplot: Simulation experiment consisting of training the player in the act of learned empathy regarding the feminist's plight!

"This isn't the one. Start over. We must find the ultimate NuMale!"

The final third of CoP was so disappointing though :negative:

Know of any mods that fixes that particular problem?

Nah I've been using only Atmosfear + Absolute Structures/Absolute Nature for it. Any mods I've tried that made changes that go beyond visuals always pissed me off because STALKER modders never know when to stop changing things, so eventually I just stuck to vanilla with graphics enhancements. It's not perfect but it's still a damn cool game. I personally would like to find a decent mod that just makes small sensible tweaks like lowering enemy item drop rate but no luck so far.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom