Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arkane PREY - Arkane's immersive coffee cup transformation sim - now with Mooncrash roguelike mode DLC

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
https://bethesda.net/en/article/6At50JUQPSi0EqGK6qgYya/prey-system-specs-achievements-demo-launch

PC System Requirements

Minimum

CPU: Intel i5-2400, AMD FX-8320

GPU: GTX 660 2GB, AMD Radeon 7850 2GB

Memory: 8 GB

Recommended

CPU: Intel i7-2600K, AMD FX-8350

GPU: GTX 970 4GB, AMD R9 290 4GB

Memory: 16 GB

PC Drivers
We’ll update this post with the driver information soon. Stay tuned!

PC Advanced Settings
  • Object Detail
  • Shadow Quality
  • Texture Quality
  • Anisotropic Filtering
  • Anti-Aliasing
  • Horizontal Field of View
  • Screen Space Directional Occlusion
  • Screen Space Reflections

Preload on PC will be on May 3rd.

MuscleSpark

Augur
Patron
C-biS48XYAY5hyb.jpg

:lol:

SumDrunkGuy

Is this game like more Bioshock, or is it more Deus Ex? If it's the latter then I think I might be interested.

RoSoDude

Arcane
Is this game like more Bioshock, or is it more Deus Ex? If it's the latter then I think I might be interested.

It's like System Shock 2 except dumbed down... uh oh, that's Bioshock.

(I mean, it doesn't look quite that bad, but it's more in that vein)

duke nukem

Augur
Played the ps4 demo too. Story is bit dull and i dont really remember much of it. Of course it just demo, so hard to tell if the story is going to get better, but biggest problem is that the (2 different types)enemies were boring.

Also combat music..sigh..was it made by skrillex?:? Positive notes were nostalgic recycle machine, inv.tetris, skills boost quite lot(med kit skill increase healing by 50% so you can feel the increase) and loads of e-mail and voice messages. Also noticed one lesbian character in voice messages.:oops:

So far i might buy it when its on sale.

Hines

Savant
I just found an amazing Easter egg. On the character select screen, where you chose Morgan's gender, if you press X at just the right moment when switching between male or female, you get to play as a trans Morgan! Absolute game changer. I can't wait to see what secrets TranStar are hiding on board Talos-1.

Screen_Shot_2017_02_15_at_12.33.08_AM_1_2040.jpg

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Can you guys believe that my local store not only broke the street date a week early, but was selling it for only ten bucks a copy? Talk about a bargain!
C-qKgOJVwAAicv5.jpg

Last edited:

ciox

Liturgist
Played the ps4 demo too. Story is bit dull and i dont really remember much of it. Of course it just demo, so hard to tell if the story is going to get better, but biggest problem is that the (2 different types)enemies were boring.

Also combat music..sigh..was it made by skrillex?:? Positive notes were nostalgic recycle machine, inv.tetris, skills boost quite lot(med kit skill increase healing by 50% so you can feel the increase) and loads of e-mail and voice messages. Also noticed one lesbian character in voice messages.:oops:

I'm not sure what they were thinking with the monster design, making the organic half just be minimalistic ink shapes and the mechanical half just be a bunch of minimalistic boxes (turrets and operators). It doesn't fit a full price AAA game at all.

Also noticed from demo footage that the combat music is very different and for the worse, wtf. It was tense but pretty tasteful before.

So far i might buy it when its on sale.

:lol:

Ivan

Arcane
I just found an amazing Easter egg. On the character select screen, where you chose Morgan's gender, if you press X at just the right moment when switching between male or female, you get to play as a trans Morgan! Absolute game changer. I can't wait to see what secrets TranStar are hiding on board Talos-1.
nice dad joke :thumbsup:

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
So, the terrible controls are only on PS4 and are a result of input lag which is fixed in the launch version I believe. Whatever though, this is a game that I can't imagine playing on a console; PC with M+KB is going to be the best fit for sure.

Also, the badly cued music is also being fixed I believe.

iZerw

Arcane
Vatnik
So, the terrible controls are only on PS4 and are a result of input lag which is fixed in the launch version I believe. Whatever though, this is a game that I can't imagine playing on a console; PC with M+KB is going to be the best fit for sure.

Also, the badly cued music is also being fixed I believe.
Pray that the game has no hardcoded negative acceleration, had to play Alien:Isolation with a gamepad because of this shit..

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/we-doubled-our-thoroughness-prey-dev-says-after-di/1100-6449714/

"We Doubled Our Thoroughness," Prey Dev Says After Dishonored 2's PC Issues
"We're pretty confident."

Dishonored 2 was well-received critically, but the PC version stumbled out of the gate for some due to things like performance and input issues. Those problems were addressed through patches. With the next game from developer Arkane, the sci-fi shooter Prey, coming out this week, fans may be wondering what to expect from the PC version.

Speaking with GameSpot today, Arkane president Raphael Colantonio said the team at Arkane Austin (Dishonored 2 was made by Arkane Lyon) has "doubled [its] thoroughness] as it relates to testing. He also pointed out that many games, including Prey, are developed with PC as the primary platform.

"We're pretty confident," Colantonio said. "First of all, it's not like we first do the game on console and then in the end we suddenly port the game to PC. It starts on PC. That's how game development works."

Another thing to note is that Dishonored 2 was developed on Arkane's own Void engine, while Prey was made using CryEngine 3.

He went on to say that the number of different hardware configurations that developers have to consider for PC is huge. Unlike consoles like Xbox One or PlayStation 4, PCs feature different components based on what people want to spend to get the performance they want. This complicates matters when it comes to testing for Prey and other games, Colantonio said.

"The real reason why PC games often have problems is because there are so many permutations of hardware," he said. "[And] sometimes it's timing--drivers come out the same time as our game. Something happens that makes it more challenging."

While Colantonio of course cannot guarantee that Prey will run perfectly on PC out of the gate (no developer could make that promise), he assured fans that Arkane has put in the effort to ensure the game gets off to a better start on PC than Dishonored 2 did.

"This time we are, given what happened with Dishonored 2, we doubled our thoroughness in making sure that the game is going to run smoothly," he explained. "At this point the game is fully ready, but that's what we've been doing for the past months--a lot of tests on different configurations and making sure it works. So we're pretty confident. You never know. But we're pretty confident."

For more on the PC version of Prey, you can see the minimum and recommended specs right here.

Prey launches on May 5 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. You can play the game's first hour for free through a demo that is available now on consoles.

We'll have a lot more from our conversation with Colantonio coming up soon.

Last edited:

A horse of course

Did they ever truly fix DishonoUred 2 performance (srs replies only pls, no Morgoth)?

Latelistener

Arcane
My comrade tried the demo (i5+1060). Major fps dips in the city (from 70 to 30). Can't say anything about the full version.

MuscleSpark

Augur
Patron
Prey will doubtlessly have Vulkan support.
I doubt it.
It's not impossible, but Prey was quite far along in development when the partnership was announced.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom