Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arkane PREY - Arkane's immersive coffee cup transformation sim - now with Mooncrash roguelike mode DLC

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
As for the criticisms regarding too much inventory space, overpowered mage build, simplistic combat...all these are valid. There's many other issues too, and indeed there are clunky aspects (jumping), but all in all it's fantastic, innovative, engaging, and has this special unique charm and atmosphere not seen in any other, including the game it draws inspiration from.
It's certainly a game that didn't meet its full potential but it was so damn promising for Arkane's first game, and now they are producing bland casual blink-choke simulators.
It's a shame their commendable efforts to live up to the legendary Ultima Underworld went underappreciated at large while their compromised popamole is showered with praise and success. Biggest problem is most gamers simply haven't played Arx though, because it didn't have Bethesda marketing guaranteeing its success.
This is why we/I can't have nice things. One isn't terribly far off my ideal game, the other has little of note going for it in comparison, as far as I am concerned.
Oh yes, certainly
For a debut game Arkane showed a lot of promise with AF, drifted off with Dark Messiah which I thought was fucking neat in its own right and is probably my most replayed game, while Dishonored suffered too much in a lot of core areas from casualization
AF's execution of its gameplay concepts leave something to be desired, but the sum of all parts do create something unique that makes me keep playing

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
It's interesting that January's

gender depends on your choice of gender.

Siel

Arcane
Patron
It's funny being a designer on this project banned on GAF. I see comments such as "unfortunately it's still not as complex as Ss2 (no research, complex maps/level design, player stats)," and think, eh, just wait...

I'll take you to your word, Arkane.

Hines

Savant
It's funny being a designer on this project banned on GAF. I see comments such as "unfortunately it's still not as complex as Ss2 (no research, complex maps/level design, player stats)," and think, eh, just wait...

I'm on board, Cry Engine be damned. :salute:

Last edited:

MuscleSpark

Augur
Patron

Is that Raf? I wonder why he'd be banned from there...

EnthalpyFlow

Scholar
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Why aren't Arkane employees posting here too... Wish we were more like GAF.
Careful with what you wish for...

Siel

Arcane
Patron

No it's Shawn Elliott some level designer.
Also Raf still posts (very occasionally) on TTLG.

MuscleSpark

Augur
Patron

No it's Shawn Elliott some level designer.
Also Raf still posts (very occasionally) on TTLG.
I see.
Going through his comment history, I'm not surprised he got banned. Not that I take any issue with what he posted, but more to do with the kind of topics he posted about.

That aside, hope there's research and it's not just +% damage vs enemy type.

A horse of course

Why aren't Arkane employees posting here too... Wish we were more like GAF.

4JSDf2B.jpg

garren

Arcane
Patron
Another video from a normal human being:

Another one going for the woman haha.

Unfortunately the game seems to have fallen in the trap of MAKE THINGS LOUD WHENEVER WE WANT THE PLAYERS ATTENTION. SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKER, you emotionally engaged yet? Like when you realize your apartment is a simulation and the loud music starts playing for no reason, or the random sound effect in the 20 minute mark when nothing even happens. And what's with the loud "objective complete" sound, totally takes you out of the game. And I haven't even watched further than that yet.

EDIT: Oh god the battle sounds :lol:, might as well play this whenever you get attacked

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom