Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arkane PREY - Arkane's immersive coffee cup transformation sim - now with Mooncrash roguelike mode DLC

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://prey.bethesda.net

Announced at the 2016 Bethesda Showcase, watch the reveal trailer for Prey!

Arkane Studios, the team behind the critically acclaimed Dishonored series, is bringing their unique vision to Prey, a first-person sci-fi action game that reimagines the franchise from the ground up… with an added psychological twist.

You are Morgan Yu, the subject of morally dubious experiments designed to improve the human race. You awaken aboard the Talos 1 in the year 2032 and must uncover the secrets hiding in the depths of the space station while being hunted by the mysterious alien force that has taken over. You’ll have to rely on the tools you find on the station – along with your wits, weapons and mind-bending abilities – to combat the growing threat and, hopefully, survive. Get your first look at Prey in the cinematic reveal trailer.

Prey will be available on PS4, Xbox One and PC in 2017.

More info at QuakeCon.

Last edited by a moderator:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Post-conference interview with Raph:

- It's not a mission based game like Dishonored. The space station is one big continuous area. You can revisit early areas in different contexts. You can even fly zero-G around the station to access other areas using air locks.

- Arcane's staples like simulation oriented systems, exploration and different playstyles.

- There are other peoples on the station. Many choices around them, like help them or not, and consequences.

- Aliens have their own ecology and agenda. You can acquire their powers.

- You can choose player character's gender. Hence gender-neutral name Morgan.

Cadmus

Arcane
Hey guys, is it just me or normal human beings don't stick their hands right in front of their face every time they touch something?

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Can they name their game Prey if there already was a game with that name?

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Why are they using the Prey title for their shameless System Shock 2 ripoff? Give me Prey 2 you chucklefucks. The cliffhanger ending has been bothering me since 2006, I want my native american in space back. It was the last good shooter I played before the decline killed the genre.
:x

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Could be good. Let's not start pretending Prey was some god-sent masterpiece now.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So is this why he was namedropping System Shock all over the place?

Chris Avellone Tell us more. Also, does it mean you don't get to work on the actual new System Shock?

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
Prey is Betsheda title.... which means that maybe he will work on Fallout 5 as lead writter

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom