Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Predict the release state of Deadfire

How will the gameplay be on release?

• Wow! Gee, POE2 sure is fun! Josh really nailed it this time! <3

Votes: 36 27.5%
  • UNPLAYABLE TRASH

Votes: 20 15.3%
  • at least story mode is b a l a n c e d

Votes: 32 24.4%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 43 32.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Deadfire comes out in a month and Josh is still tweaking values and putting game systems on lock.. Will they get everything sorted in time or will we have another POE1.0 on our hands? Will it be prudent to wait a year before diving in? Will multiclassing be too OP? Will wizards and ciphers suck ass?

I'm sure there will be bugs and glitches which can be fixed relatively soon after launch, but I'm more concern with the :balance: of the game at launch.. are you guys hopeful or full of despair?

Codex Year of the Donut
game full of ugly people
Portrait_xoti_lg.png
Portrait_Ydwin_lg.png
Portrait_pallegina_lg_PoE2.png
Portrait_Mirke_lg.png
Portrait_Fessina_lg.png

Cross

Arcane
Predicting that there will be several years of autistic balancing patches is like predicting the sun will rise tomorrow, it's a given with Sawyer-led (or even simply Sawyer-influenced) games at this point.

My more specific predictions would be:
  • Content (quests, dungeons and encounter design) will be an improvement over PoE (not that that is much of an achievement).
  • However, combat will be even more mindless and lacking in challenge than PoE due to mechanical changes. Even PoE's pretense of resource management has been completely dropped.
  • Considering Sawyer is the lead writer, the story will likely end up feeling impersonal and disconnected from the player's actions.

Last edited:

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Thinking PoE would be good and then feeling disappointed or even betrayed is perfectly reasonable. It was a new IP and the marketing was saying all the right things.

But if you expect PoE 2 to be anything other than a turd then you're clearly not a learning animal.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Thinking PoE would be good and then feeling disappointed or even betrayed is perfectly reasonable. It was a new IP and the marketing was saying all the right things.

But if you expect PoE 2 to be anything other than a turd then you're clearly not a learning animal.

regardless of its quality PoE 2 will catch the attention of this forum for years to come

Sentinel

Arcane
shit, settling on a 7/10 after 2 years of patches.

I have come to the realization that Americans can't save the RPG genre. It's up to the slavs to carry the torch.

Shin

Cipher
Its not going to be great, not really bad either.. the c&c will suck, the magic items will suck, there'll be like 2 somewhat interesting companions, battles are obviously RtwP which kinda sucks, they put focus on fucking ships for some godforsaken reason which sucks, it's writing will be less verbose and more tolerable than PoE1's but it won't be super great either... it has some nice art/graphics though. Sidenote: haven't played PoE1 (which I played through like halfway) since its release, so no fancy gold special edition shit

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Even if the game is not fun,the codex thread will be. If nothing else the game will be progressive and diverse for certainty.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik

Not necessarily since PoE 3.0 w/ the White March was much better than the initial release. Also I thought the content in the WM was much better than the base game: better quests, better loot, better skirmishes. I thought that they had made a solid foundation on which to base a sequel.

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

Not necessarily since PoE 3.0 w/ the White March was much better than the initial release. Also I thought the content in the WM was much better than the base game: better quests, better loot, better skirmishes. I thought that they had made a solid foundation on which to base a sequel.

Yep, they polished it up into a nice shiny turd :balance:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom