Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Predict sales/critical response for PoE 2

How well will PoE2 do?

• T:ToN will look like a success and Obsidian will close (<150,000 copies, <60 on Metacritic)

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Badly, but not overwhelmingly so; the IP will be dead. (150,000-400,000 copies, 60-70 on Metacritic)

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • It will receive a mediocre reception (400,000-800,000 copies, 70-80 on Metacritic)

Votes: 16 18.0%
  • It will do about as well as the original (800,000-1,500,000 copies, 80-90 on Metacritic)

Votes: 49 55.1%
  • PoE2 will be like D:OS2 (>1,500,000 copies, >90 on Metacritic)

Votes: 20 22.5%

• Total voters

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah nowhere near to "meh" to be honest, people really liked PoE. Only in the Codex was there a bit of "meh" and that was only in the initial release stages

imweasel

I don't think the overall reception I've seen from people who enjoy the IE-ish formula was "meh"
PoE has about as much in common with Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale as Tides of Numenera has with Planescape: Torment or Wasteland 2 has with Fallout.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
I don't think the overall reception I've seen from people who enjoy the IE-ish formula was "meh"
PoE has about as much in common with Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale as Tides of Numenera has with Planescape: Torment or Wasteland 2 has with Fallout.

Despite differences in the details, PoE follows the same basic formula: party-based, RtWP and isometric game with a mix between story and combat focus and an expansive setting ripe for exploration.

Flou

Arbiter
I think it will review better than the 1st game and will end up selling the same amount of copies. Hoping it would do the same leap BG2 did from BG when it comes to both quality and sales.

Saxon1974

Prophet
I think some nostalgia burnout combined with lots of people thinking POE1 was decent at best will mean slightly less sales even if games get slightly higher ratings.

For me; I never liked the stats/attributes/skills system in POE. I don't know exactly why it just never felt right to me. I always felt like I couldn't tell if skills selections really made much difference.

Also I really hated all the backer created content that was in the game.

Not a fan of tropical setting myself so unless this game gets glowing reviews it will be a pass for me. I played about half way through POE and just wasn't that interested in going further.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
For me; I never liked the stats/attributes/skills system in POE. I don't know exactly why it just never felt right to me. I always felt like I couldn't tell if skills selections really made much difference.

Also I really hated all the backer created content that was in the game.

Not a fan of tropical setting myself so unless this game gets glowing reviews it will be a pass for me. I played about half way through POE and just wasn't that interested in going further.

Your opinions have no effect on sales unless you are a major YouTuber.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom