Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Praetor questline?

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Does anyone remember where does the Daratan Praetor gets the grooved sphere? I just made it to the library of Saross but couldn't get the surgical kit because I had no sphere.

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
Gaelius is a p. cool dude.

kmmMp5i.png

Bah, I like Antidas and his talk about Destiny, Restoration of the Empire and Glory. My first Praetor Grifter playthrough, I made him Emperor with the help of my God bro.

Novus Ordo Seclorum, bitches

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
So the Daratan ending is...sad. But I saw that coming a MILE away. I mean, REALLY Antidas, how fucking retarded can you be? You destroyed two great cities and for WHAT? You gained NOTHING from House Aurelian's downfall. You could've made alliances, you could've stepped up your game, but NO. All you did was sit on your ass, celebrating death and destruction everywhere and praying for a magical solution to all your problems. Well guess what, nigga, "god is dead" and without him it's just you and that HUGE big ass legion. Have fun! Also, I guess Pavola had his vengeance, huh?

Very well played, Vince.

Also:

f7sAzcP.jpg

DIE YOU STUPID UGLY ASSHOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111

anus_pounder

Arcane
So the Daratan ending is...sad. But I saw that coming a MILE away. I mean, REALLY Antidas, how fucking retarded can you be? You destroyed two great cities and for WHAT? You gained NOTHING from House Aurelian's downfall. You could've made alliances, you could've stepped up your game, but NO. All you did was sit on your ass, celebrating death and destruction everywhere and praying for a magical solution to all your problems. Well guess what, nigga, "god is dead" and without him it's just you and that HUGE big ass legion. Have fun! Also, I guess Pavola had his vengeance, huh?

Very well played, Vince.

The only sad thing here is what a waste of potential it is for your PC. You pull all that off and ultimately for nothing, it sounds like. What does the ending say your PC ended up doing?

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
The only sad thing here is what a waste of potential it is for your PC. You pull all that off and ultimately for nothing, it sounds like. What does the ending say your PC ended up doing?

PC and Dellar go out in a blaze of glory, fighting IG until the ground is slippery with blood. Then PC wakes up in a cross, Dellar across the street, dead already. PC's last thoughts are something like "Dellar is a lucky bastard!".

I like the ending, despite the obvious "lol, you got fucked", because I saw that consequence coming a MILE away. Every time I finished a major Daratan quest I asked myself "HOW does that make Antidas stronger, exactly!?". The answer came with the ending: it doesn't.

Funny thing:
serving Agatoth is probably the Daratan "good" ending.

anus_pounder

Arcane
PC and Dellar go out in a blaze of glory, fighting IG until the ground is slippery with blood. Then PC wakes up in a cross, Dellar across the street, dead already. PC's last thoughts are something like "Dellar is a lucky bastard!".

I like the ending, despite the obvious "lol, you got fucked", because I saw that consequence coming a MILE away. Every time I finished a major Daratan quest I asked myself "HOW does that make Antidas stronger, exactly!?". The answer came with the ending: it doesn't.

Funny thing:
serving Agatoth is probably the Daratan "good" ending.

:lol: Pretty cool ending, it sounds like.

Thor-agoth -

Thinking about Agatoth, his 'support' allows anyone with a modicum of influence and power to take over whats left of the empire. From obviously powerful folk like Gaelius and Paullus, to Meru and then finally to Antidas and his dinky little town. And all this considering he wakes up weakened enough that a powerful PC, ultimately just one dude/dudette, can take on his weakened form. I'm wondering what 'miracles' and inventions he could conjure during his prime in the pre-apocalypse days.

EDIT - Ending spoilers -

Oh shit. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there an ending where Antidas basically ends up stalemating with Meru? That'd probably be the 'best' non Agatoth ending for Daratan, I'm guessing.

Last edited:

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
Yeah. All backgrounds that actually see for themselves Gracius' body get the sphere with 8 perception.

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
:lol: Pretty cool ending, it sounds like.

Thor-agoth -

Thinking about Agatoth, his 'support' allows anyone with a modicum of influence and power to take over whats left of the empire. From obviously powerful folk like Gaelius and Paullus, to Meru and then finally to Antidas and his dinky little town. And all this considering he wakes up weakened enough that a powerful PC, ultimately just one dude/dudette, can take on his weakened form. I'm wondering what 'miracles' and inventions he could conjure during his prime in the pre-apocalypse days.
The stories from the Ordu, entity in the arch, the diary from the flying fortress and your own ascension give you a general idea.

Manipulation of matter (including creation of fire), hyper intelligence, flesh crafting, and mental manipulation would be the minimums

zool

Arcane
Just finished my first-ever playthrough of AoD with a Daratan diplomat praetor and enjoyed it quite a bit.

My main grip is that some variables in the game (namely those that govern city endings and game endings) don't seem to fully take into account the actions of the player.

For example

When I arrived in Maadoran, I decided to let the two assassins kill Gaelius. I then proceeded to convince Serenas to attack the slums, which resulted in me being expelled from Maadoran and house Aurelian being greatly weakened (the "Consul" achievement's text even say I "destroyed" house Aurelian). Yet, after finishing the game, the ending text describes the ascent of house Aurelian to a new kingdom - basically Aurelian reinstates the Empire. I was no less than completely surprised as I had left Maadoran with house Aurelian in ruins.

Before that, when I left Ganezaar to go to Hellgate and the Temple, the ending text for Ganezaar seemed to indicate that my actions didn't permit house Crassus to resist the siege of Ganezaar by Aurelian and IG forces. That text was a bit jarring as in my playthrough, that siege never even started, yet the text implied that the player should have been aware of it (does it kick in if I accompany Lord Meru to Al Akiba? I didn't). Anyway, that didn't fit at all with what I had seen ("what siege?") and, as in the previous paragraph, it was also a bit surprising that house Aurelian would have the strenght to besiege Ganezaar as I was supposed to have "greatly weakened" or even "destroyed" that house.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
You can ascend to godhood as Praetor that's true but it offers you the most options of all classes:

Try the First Sword route as Praetor Komrade; you save Antidas foolish ass, make Carrinas into Templars Grandmaster and end up as his Adjuctor and Tetrarch of new Holy Roman Empire. Beats dieing on the cross or being send by another wild chase by the Old Man or anything either IG or HA can offer you. (You need to side with IG first and have high Rep with House Crassius I had Chosen One unlocked too and boy it was hilarious).

Lexxx20

Learned
You can ascend to godhood as Praetor that's true but it offers you the most options of all classes:

Try the First Sword route as Praetor Komrade; you save Antidas foolish ass, make Carrinas into Templars Grandmaster and end up as his Adjuctor and Tetrarch of new Holy Roman Empire. Beats dieing on the cross or being send by another wild chase by the Old Man or anything either IG or HA can offer you. (You need to side with IG first and have high Rep with House Crassius I had Chosen One unlocked too and boy it was hilarious).
Hmmm, I tried doing the First Sword path but couldn't talk to Carrinas to ask for his help in Ganezzar. Dellar called me traitor and refused to let me pass to either Antidas or Carrinas. AFAIK, you can only get to Carrinas via Dellar once he's in Palace after sparing Antidas' life.

That's what stopped me from continuing this line.

skaraher

Cipher
How do you get the Daratan alone against the Imperial Guard ending ?

My Daratan Loyalist diplomat playthrough ended with Maadoran destroyed and Antidas destroying Al Akia to prevent Meru's ascension. Paullus refuses to take a side and it ends with a stalemate between Daratan and Crassus.

hivemind

Not 100% sure but you could try pretending to side with Meru and kill him in Al-Akia or something

anus_pounder

Arcane

My Daratan Loyalist diplomat playthrough ended with Maadoran destroyed and Antidas destroying Al Akia to prevent Meru's ascension. Paullus refuses to take a side and it ends with a stalemate between Daratan and Crassus.

I think I missed this ending. What'd you do to get it? I know how to destroy Maadoran, but can I get the Al Akia offer from Meru after?

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron

You did the same as I did, but instead of going with Meru you decided to report back to Lord Antidas. Just reload and take on Meru's offer, sabotaging his ritual when prompted.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
I think I missed this ending. What'd you do to get it? I know how to destroy Maadoran, but can I get the Al Akia offer from Meru after?
Yes. In fact it's even faster, since there is no siege if you blow up Maadoran.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom