Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ Potato Duel of Honor - Worms Armageddon 14.10.2015

Hellraiser

Arcane
poster.png~original

STREAM WILL BE AVAILABLE HERE

Due to dishonourable insults targeted at my person, I have challenged Black_Willow to a duel. Our seconds, Darth Roxor for the challenged party and Ulminati for myself, have chosen a means of settling our quarrel. We shall do battle in Worms Armageddon on the 14th of October, 20:00 Potato Time.

Due to bad internet weather/technical issues/the planets misaligning, the duel has been post-poned until the 19th of October, 20:00 Potato Time.

A stream will be set-up for your amusement. This duel will also be recorded and uploaded for butthurt posterity.

We have yet to decide if this is going to be a best of 3 or best of 5. Max number of worms per team, default weapon and crate settings.

Also, TEAM HELLRAISER (tentative name) is open for cannon fodder valiant volunteer sign up. Want a worm named after you taking part in this glorious duel? Post below. I'll pick whoever I wish using a truly subjective and unfair methodology.

Videos:

Note that if there is a black screen in the video, it was because OBS makes a poor job of tracking the windowed version of Worms: Armageddon, as it switched between the match window and the menu window, and I had to set up the streamed window manually after nearly every loading screen.

Starts with AI skirmish (hence part 1 is omitted) skip to 2:50:

Last video as a link due to xenforo limitations:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEmQwBMC5Fw

Last edited:

Black_Willow

Arcane
Team Black_Willow welcomes all brave worm cadets ready for death on the bottom of an indiscernible body of water an exciting adventure. Sign up right now!

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Your choice of the time is a bit questionable - the entire codex should play the release version of AoD by that time. Well, this is codex so obviously few people will, but whatever.

DramaticPopcorn

I cannot squat idly by as potatos slaughter each other, do sign me up for cannon fodder as I must be at the centre of this bloodshed.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Good news. We played a test match so we know everything connects and the duel can indeed take place. My opponent won, but we both were rather... rusty*. Still, with so many days until the duel we both have time to train.

I'll test streaming and recording later on and let you know where and how the match can be viewed live. A recording will also be available for posterity and anyone not able to watch it live.

*if that is how I can describe myself forgetting that you should not press spacebar while jumping down and having the parachute picked. Or that my worms are blue, not red, and nearly killing your own worm because of that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom