Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Post-apocalypse under the dome: Encased now on Kickstarter

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Looks good, backed

Latham

Literate
:hmmm:

Weilard is actually the same Mr. Nixon who created After Reset (note how he switches between his aliases).

Citation needed.

The fact that you're conflating art director with "director" isn't helping your case either.
If you want to see a photo of Weilard running around with a huge bag with dollar signs - I won't give it to you. Nobody has that. Just like Encased, or Project Serenity, After Reset is basically the Encased ART Director's (sorry) art, 3d work, similar looking screenshots, and a few empty promises. Andrey-Weilard projects: After Reset(fail) -> Project Serenity(http://www.serenitythegame.com fail) -> Encased (fail?) all of those titles are linked by one person. I can link you articles where Weilard interviews Nixon, where he writes in place of Nixon, where he does the PR for Nixon's Kickscam, where Nixon and Weilard write a NMA post together taking turns... And who in fact is Nixon? According to the stuff I read during the years, Richard Nixon is a USSR airline pilot who defected to America and became a carpenter\game developer. His real, honest to god name is Richard Nixon, though. Just like the President. You really think this man exists? Doesn't that sound like a fictional biography for a pseudo person who would become the damage sponge while the real mastermind behind the scam runs away with the money? Are there gamedev teams, that let art contributors represent their company online and give interviews? It's really fishy, and it stinks.

dmonin

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Make the Codex Great Again!
Oh thanks, Dima. I obviously knew this is not true, but for people who may have doubts, this is important.
Hi, Slava. U welcome. But I'm not a Dima ;)

But anyway I really trust that you will finish the game and bring to us the best experience of cRPG. I hope that you will finish the game. We don't want the second After Reset :D

Last edited:

CadmusLabs

Arcane
Developer
Weilard and MrNixon both have accounts here. I invite people to examine their posts and see if they appear to be by the same person.

I believe Weilard has also posted as "Rick Lion" on certain forums, including NMA: http://www.nma-fallout.com/members/rick-lion.60461/

What I remember about Weilard is that he was an outspoken critic of Wasteland 2's art direction during its development.
Yes, Weilard had a lot of trust in Wasteland 2, has drawn promo art to support the campaign, as a volunteer, and then... well he was disappointed by art vision.

Last edited:

Latham

Literate
Oh... That damned 'After Reset' game.

Andrey is not a Richard Nixon. Andrey only worked in After Reset as freelance artist. Guys from core-rpg.net found Nixon's here: https://angel.co/john-popel
Well that just leaves more questions. Why did the freelance artist give out interviews in Nixon's name and together with Nixon? Why is his artwork present on Nixon's newest scam at https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=791630243 which shares art style with www.Serenitythegame.com After Reset and Encased? Angel.co is basically a social network for startups anyone can edit, and this Popel character is obviously fake, just look at his audience hacking website, which states that he's from US, while at the same time he is Nixon from another part of the US, while he is also a Founder of Dark Cloud from St. Petersburg. This profile doesn't make the situation any less fishy...

dmonin

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Make the Codex Great Again!
Well that just leaves more questions. Why did the freelance artist give out interviews in Nixon's name and together with Nixon? Why is his artwork present on Nixon's newest scam at https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=791630243 which shares art style with www.Serenitythegame.com After Reset and Encased? Angel.co is basically a social network for startups anyone can edit, and this Popel character is obviously fake, just look at his audience hacking website, which states that he's from US, while at the same time he is Nixon from another part of the US, while he is also a Founder of Dark Cloud from St. Petersburg. This profile doesn't make the situation any less fishy...
Huh... I don't know the truth about After Reset. And I have never met with Andrey. I just found the discussion on core-rpg and that's all. I know Slava, we have met several times in Saint-Petersburg but I don't know the rest of the team so I want to believe that with this game everything gonna be fine or my money will be lost too. I really adore all cRPG in postapo/scifi settings so I support all KS company that I found, and always hope that is gonna be a great game. That's why I'm making my own scifi cRPG.

I'm also support the Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness

:shredder:

But anyway Richard Nixon is an asshole.

CadmusLabs

Arcane
Developer
Why did the freelance artist give out interviews in Nixon's name and together with Nixon?

Because this is a freelance artist that was convinced Nixon wants to make a great game and supported him? If you have pledged money for AR, probably mr. Nixon knows how to convince people?

Why is his artwork present on Nixon's newest scam at https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=791630243 which shares art style with www.Serenitythegame.com After Reset and Encased?

Well, this is some visual novel Nixon run in 2016. As you can see he was a pretty ambitious guy. If some initial art was made by Weilard, and then Nixon decided to make a visual novel from that art, and now Weilard, surprisingly keeps drawing, possibly there will be some similarities? Though if you look at latest screenshots of After Reset you can easily spot that art level dropped significantly when Weilard quit and Nixon continued himself.

Angel.co is basically a social network for startups anyone can edit, and this Popel character is obviously fake, just look at his audience hacking website, which states that he's from US, while at the same time he is Nixon from another part of the US, while he is also a Founder of Dark Cloud from St. Petersburg.
What?
Popel maybe is fake as Nixon is. The guy is very creative with his names, isn't he?
AR studio is called Black Cloud (in the honor of Black Isle I suppose). I don't know where it is based, though I think I saw a post where Nixon states that studio moves in States.

https://monosnap.com/file/qrjAmKesKU6hbaNP07UTT8JYYgK2Ss

Also if you even check the website there is the whole bunch of foreign guys mentioned in there. And Weilard is just a contributor at the bottom (you will obviously say this is a mastermind plan of genius conspiracy to keep this site online all these years just to cover the legend). Why you don't blame other folks on the list I wonder? Because Weilard has written two or three posts to support the project he believed in at some point and quoted project lead thoughts in there :|

Dark Crystal is from Saint-Petersburg though and is not related to After Reset, you mix everything together here.

The screenshot of the lab from the latest build of Encased by the way. Please compare with After Reset.

Wow, and I thought there are some great conspiracies in our game.

Last edited:

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
17f2ff9540c0821db68247d09e73f679_original.jpg

Does anyone remember this?
I get the same vibes :)
Your vibes are all too true, my friend... Encased's director Andrey Lyapichev aka Weilard is actually the same Mr. Nixon who created After Reset and ran away with the money. Proof linked below: (note how he switches between his aliases). Cue the Encased press person coming in and telling everyone Andrey only did 3 artworks for the game, and a russian professional pilot turned USA immigrant who's real name is Richard Nixon is actually another person that has no links to Andrey :D

1. http://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/after-reset-classic-post-apocalyptic-role-playing-game.199729/page-5

HEbTGJj.png
2. https://www.kickstarter.com/project...ld-school-isometic-turn-based-rpg/description
HEbU7Wf.png
3. https://twitter.com/Weilard
HEbUFR8.png

If you want to see a photo of Weilard running around with a huge bag with dollar signs - I won't give it to you. Nobody has that. Just like Encased, or Project Serenity, After Reset is basically the Encased ART Director's (sorry) art, 3d work, similar looking screenshots, and a few empty promises. Andrey-Weilard projects: After Reset(fail) -> Project Serenity(http://www.serenitythegame.com fail) -> Encased (fail?) all of those titles are linked by one person. I can link you articles where Weilard interviews Nixon, where he writes in place of Nixon, where he does the PR for Nixon's Kickscam, where Nixon and Weilard write a NMA post together taking turns... And who in fact is Nixon? According to the stuff I read during the years, Richard Nixon is a USSR airline pilot who defected to America and became a carpenter\game developer. His real, honest to god name is Richard Nixon, though. Just like the President. You really think this man exists? Doesn't that sound like a fictional biography for a pseudo person who would become the damage sponge while the real mastermind behind the scam runs away with the money? Are there gamedev teams, that let art contributors represent their company online and give interviews? It's really fishy, and it stinks.

Oh... That damned 'After Reset' game.

Andrey is not a Richard Nixon. Andrey only worked in After Reset as freelance artist. Guys from core-rpg.net found Nixon's here: https://angel.co/john-popel

Dude you make brand new account, with 3 posts, all in this thread, with dubious claims and even more questionable evidence and come up with conspiracy compared to which one about Trump paying and watching Russian whores to piss on bed on which Obama slept night before in hotel in Moscow and thus these cyber Russian whores hacked voting machines across USA, believable.

Bro so far your case is weak, your evidence is so random, your agenda is mystery and your posts stink like rotten fish. Recently we had (and sadly still have, he's still free) similar situation where one poster on two forums (this and Watch) costed one of our most prestigious posters JarlFrank his job on game that's scheduled to have Kickstarter soon. My BS radar picks very similar BS vibes here as it did back then...

Mynon, Silver Coin, Safav Hamon, IS THAT YOU, FUCKER? Are you trying to eliminate all Sawyer's RPG competition so that Pillars of Boredom II can win title of best Codex RPG and you can be his waifu?

If it turns out it's you again this time you won't dodge Codex's shitfiring squad!

:terminate::terminate::terminate: :deadtroll:

Latham

Literate
Why did the freelance artist give out interviews in Nixon's name and together with Nixon?

Because this is a freelance artist that was convinced Nixon wants to make a great game and supported him? If you have pledged money for AR, probably mr. Nixon knows how to convince people?

Why is his artwork present on Nixon's newest scam at https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=791630243 which shares art style with www.Serenitythegame.com After Reset and Encased?

Well, this is some visual novel Nixon run in 2016. As you can see he was a pretty ambitious guy. If some initial art was made by Weilard, and then Nixon decided to make a visual novel from that art, and now Weilard, surprisingly keeps drawing, possibly there will be some similarities? Though if you look at latest screenshots of After Reset you can easily spot that art level dropped significantly when Weilard quit and Nixon continued himself.

Angel.co is basically a social network for startups anyone can edit, and this Popel character is obviously fake, just look at his audience hacking website, which states that he's from US, while at the same time he is Nixon from another part of the US, while he is also a Founder of Dark Cloud from St. Petersburg.
What?
Popel maybe is fake as Nixon is. The guy is very creative with his names, isn't he?
AR studio is called Black Cloud (in the honor of Black Isle I suppose). I don't know where it is based, though I think I saw a post where Nixon states that studio moves in States.

https://monosnap.com/file/qrjAmKesKU6hbaNP07UTT8JYYgK2Ss

Also if you even check the website there is the whole bunch of foreign guys mentioned in there. And Weilard is just a contributor at the bottom (you will obviously say this is a mastermind plan of genius conspiracy to keep this site online all these years just to cover the legend). Why you don't blame other folks on the list I wonder? Because Weilard has written two or three posts to support the project he believed in at some point and quoted project lead thoughts in there :|

Dark Crystal is from Saint-Petersburg though and is not related to After Reset, you mix everything together here.

The screenshot of the lab from the latest build of Encased by the way. Please compare with After Reset.

Wow, and I thought there are some great conspiracies in our game.
So, according to you, poor old Andrey's biography goes like this:

First he was scammed by some Mr. Nixon guy, who makes the same errors in his English on the codex as Andrey does to make a great post-apocalyptic Fallout style RPG. Around that time he also betrayed his then-company by secretly sketching for Wasteland 2. When Wasteland 2 denied him the job, he started a smear campaign against Wasteland 2. Just like Nixon did in that same time, using insults against Wasteland 2 to make people click on his steam page and get some juicy PR. However, these two actions were not coordinated between the two separate people that Andrew and Nixon were :)

Then Andrew the Angel created his own postapocalyptic Fallout style RPG Serenity, for which he gathered unknown amounts of donations via Patreon along with his new partner Rich Lionwood, who just happened to be another silver tongued American start-up creator who liked making post-apocalyptic fallout inspired RPGs.

Then Nixon completely on his own created another postapocalyptic Fallout inspired visual novel, where he used Andrew's old art that nobody ever seen before he thought of making a visual novel.

Finally, because fate is a magical thing, Andrew got associated with another, now forth in his life, post-apocalyptic Fallout-inspired RPG.

All these events are completely random, and he's just a wee little contributor, that had no power in any projects. They just kinda happened around him. He sort of became a spokesperson for all of them, got into PR stunts, interviews, marketing etc, etc, all the while being just some tiny, unimportant contributor on the edges of the project...
If you provide me AR and Encased models I will gladly compare them. Or did you want me to compare the games pixel by pixel? :) The idea behind all the things Andrew touched is one and the same, the art is one and the same. Only a blind man would argue that all three games don't share an art style. And nobody buys your argument that Andrew didn't work with Daedalus, just accidentally drew some artwork that could be made into a visual novel completely by accident.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
I can't believe this game isn't funded yet. You should have added some half naked Anime children art I guess. If this isn't the type of game the people that come to this site want it really should change its name to GeneralGamerCodex.

CadmusLabs

Arcane
Developer
I can't believe this game isn't funded yet
I guess only the games that manage to build massive hype before the actual KS have a chance to get fined super fast. Rest take their time.
Yeah, we don't have big names :) There are some articles suppose to be out soon, so we'll see. The daily tempo of pledges is ok, if people will not hesitate to back us, we should do it just fine.

CadmusLabs

Arcane
Developer
Statement: (http://weilard.com/)
You must understand his writing is not very good, and he was also stressed with what happened, so be patient.

17.09.2018 - Charges of fraud. My answer to liars regarding my team and the project "Encased" from “Dark Crystal Games”.

ENGLISH VERSION: (RUSSIAN VERSION BELLOW) Scandals it's so fascinatingly. Especially if this scandal… just the tab in you internet browser, and you can close this tab and walk away. Other case if the scandal touch you directly. Today I give explanations to person (or group of people) who blame developers from "Dark Crystal Games", which means that me too - in scum.

Never thought that after almost 20 years work in the industry, with not bad reputation, I will collide with such abomination.

First. Somebody think that I am Mr. Nixon, autor of game "After Reset". Let's start from most idiotic conclusions.

I'm start work in game development industry since 1999th. From this point I work with large amount of different projects. Probably near 100. I can't recall all list of titles, can recall 50+ From the small indie game projects to large game titles. This is list of game I was involved:

Indie:
- Insatia (Oleg Kozlov) (Lead Artist)
- UnDungeon (Laughing Machines) Lead Artist / KS preparation stage / after KS leave position)
- Diluvion (Arachnid Games) (UI designer / They planned relaunch the game I deed reskin UI and some of art)

Arcades:
- Head Hunters (WizardSoft) (Lead Artist / Game Designer)
- Moscow Rush (HBM) (3D Artist)
- Транс-Форс (Tranzas) (3D Artist/Textures)
- Deadly Gambling: Revolvers (Level Designer/3D Artist/Textures)
- Faceless (ARGH Games) (Lead Artist)
- Debrysis (OUEO factory) (3D Artist)

3D-Actions:
- M.A.R.C.H. (HBM) (3D Artist/Textures)
- Exodus (Adamant Multimedia) (3D Artist/Textures/Level designer)
- Cool Gathling (Adamant Multimedia) (3D Artist/Textures/Level designer)
- Gipnophobia (Adamant Multimedia) (3D Artist/Textures/Level designer/concept-art)
- Akra Project (ODServe Ltd) (3D Artist/Textures).

RPG
- Две сорванных башни (Gaijin Entertainment) (3D Artist/Textures)
- Gothic 4 Arcania:A Gothic Tale (Spellbound Entertainment) (3D Artist/Textures)
- After Reset (Promo-art for the game, Posters)

Casual Games:
- Rusty Lines (Revival Project) (Full Spector)
- Curse of Montezuma (Friday Games) (Lead Artist - freelance)
- Conga Bugs (Sandlot Games) (3D Artist/Textures/Level designer/concept-art)
- Women's Murder Club: A Darker Shade of Grey Game (Floodlight Games) (Concept-art)
- Behind the Sky (Lead Artist)
- iNstein College 2 (BonoboGames) (Lead Artist)
- Shadow City (concept-art)

Flash-games
- Sky Defender (Full Spector)
- Crystal Runner (Full Spector)
- Bloood Money (Full Spector)

Настольные игры
- "Pirates" (IGames) (Lead Artist - Distance)

ММO
- Gnostaria (RealmSource LLC) (3D Artist/Textures/concept-art)
- Realm Explorer (Ex RealmSource LLC) (3D Artist)
- Craft of Gods (GameCraft) (Style Corrector)
- Earth 2 (GameCraft) (Lead Artist)
- Unknown (Unknown) (3D-Artist)
- Exoplanet:First Contact (Alersteam) (3D Artist - Weapons)
- Solar Storm (3D Artist)

Art & Illistration
- Metanoia (автор J. J. Shurte) - 36 covers for PA novellas
- Retrial: Isolated - Retreal band

Why this list here? It's all I can recall fast. And… because each of developers can confirm that I am real person. Andrey AKA "Weilard" Lyapichev. Person with huge experience of development and high level of activity at my twitter, and at my twitch channel. You can ask about me from english speaking developers and russian speaking developers, for example Oleg Kozlov with his game "Insatia". We work together past five years. They is answer who I am… Andrey Lypaichev or maybe Mr. Nixon… or maybe Brian Fago?! Of course not. Brian Fargo is sucessfull businessman, he is not write text like this, from poor small apartment in Saint-Petersburg city.

By the way, lovers of phantasy… you can meet me, right now at my home. Come to me. Let's talk. I'm not guarantee warm meeting. But, at least… after little chat I can quarantee the cleaness of your brains.

Second. If I'm not Mr. Nixon how I linked with him?

Same way like can be linked each artist who work in game-development industry. He is hired me to made promo-art for his game, after his is see my fan-art for "Wasteland 2" game. By the way, my contract with Mr. Nixon end in 2013 year. This is document which can show you my involvment in "After Reset" campaign. You can see that I'm autor of this art and I give my customer all of rights on next usage.

Not a sectet that in period of "Wasteland 2" KS campaign I'm drawing lot of images, you can find them in network. In this campaing I produce many of art, maybe more that delelopers itself. Reason is simple. I want to be a part of "InXile team", because I suppose that they create poor image of the game. Morover I think so and now. Game looks extremely poor. I have no habbit reject my words.

That is how end this part of the story. At least I think so… but internet. It's so fun diggin "senstations", yea?

Third. Why I'm wrote the article in support of "After Reset".

Answer as usual, simple. I believe in this game. As many of people who support the game. I love concept-art of the game. And I think in this time, maybe I can help this man? I take from him interview, and made post on russian hub with name Habrhabr.

You probably noticed that I'm autor of many of articles. For example I'm many ears write the large cycle of articles "Pixels Gallope" about pixel-art creation. I'm write about many of things I love. Because I'm very emotional human. In case of work of course. For example. You fall in love to woman. After couple of weeks you understand that she is not woman you search all of your life. Your decision? Go to monastery? Nope. Probably you continue your search. To find your love. Is the metaphor clear?

Same with "After Reset". I love this game, but… this is not happening. Game wasn't release. Maybe it's scum, maybe it's a tragedy. I'm not run accross the Network with scream "He is scum!". Maybe I need end of my carrier? I do for this game pomo-art and he is not successfull. What I can do? Go to the monastery! You so funny boys.

Fourth.
I am not responsible for Mr. Nixon's network activity and his manner to do piar actions. Moreover - I'm not tracking network to see what people write about me, and about my activity. I'm live like a hermit. Rare visit social places. Only my twitter, and my twitch channel. Why I'm here today? Because my boss call me this morning and ask me - do you want leave a comment on this?

O yeah… I want it.

Five. "Project Serenity"

It was myself game project. He is start from "two weeks demo" to show Inxile that with good content he is can receive the normal quality of his game. I want show this Brian Fargo. To show how can look "Wasteland 2". Because I was surpised why "Wasteland 2" with so honorable crew members have so poor overall image of the game.

After "Wasteland 2" KS campaign I'm continue work with my demo. I work at days in gamedev and work at evenings and nights with myself game. Because… we all dream to create game of our dreams. This game never was at Kickstarter. All you can see in "Project "Serenity" I do on my own cash, and all of content made by my hands. Also I receive donation. For all history of "Project Serenity" I'm earn 2000 RUB ~ 33-35 dollars. So… now I'm extremely rich!

That is how we meet with "Dark Crystal Games". He is love my demo, and my passion in case of Post-Apocalyptic genre. We start converstation and now I'm a full functional member of team and work with the game at position of art-director. By the way, not a first time in my game career.

I'm save this site (Project Serenity site) because it's a part of my life. It's my fallen dream. I come at this site to drink beer with my dream, to recall what I can do, and what I can't to in my life. Because I'm not programmer, all of my life I'm create art… maybe that is why I work in gamedev as: Artist, designer, 3D-modeller, art-director…

P.S.
Last but not least. You blame "Dark Crystal Games" in scum without any evidence. You are create this dirt for what reason? Shame on you. You outrage here and throw shtako on good people. From many good campaigns.

P.P.S. I spent all of this morning and part of day on this texts. I can be with my wife and hang the hangers on the wall. I'm doing repairs in the apartment she ask me all of this month. And I think what most important? Give explanations about what else lie in network about me and my team? Or most important my family, my work, and our game?

For me it's not a question. Family. Game. Work. But not all of this dirt…

CadmusLabs

Arcane
Developer
- Gothic 4 Arcania:A Gothic Tale (Spellbound Entertainment) (3D Artist/Textures)

This should be the real scandal :P
I think at times the models and environment were not that bad, actually? I think you should blame system designers, writers and leading team for the results. But I only played it for two hours.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
I can't believe this game isn't funded yet. You should have added some half naked Anime children art I guess. If this isn't the type of game the people that come to this site want it really should change its name to GeneralGamerCodex.
We've been burned before.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom