Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RTS Populous: The Beginning

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Anyone heared about mods for it? Bullfrog released one expansion but there were rumors about mods that fix crap like suicidal AI that constantly dies on swamps.
Overall, that was one of the few games where you ascended to godhood and still last mission was hard, even with your supbar godly powers.

Coriolanus

Learned
You'll need a mod to play multiplayer, but that's about it AFAIK.

A year or so I had an urge to play it (after what... 10 years?). It surprised me that people still did online multiplayer - albeit it was a pretty closed community and the skill requirement was very high, so I never really gave it a shot.

It was a great game at the time, I'm not sure it aged that well though.

spectre

Arcane
I remember running it on a modern GPU was problematic. With compatibility mode, it ran but crashed after a few minutes. Did they patch it, or do I have to mod it to make it work?

insukk

Augur
Patron
Codex 2012
On Windows 7 you had to shut down explorer.exe process after starting the game, otherwise it would be unplayable. Other than that, i wasn't doing anything more to make it work.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom