Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[POLL] Recently, some changes were made

How does it make you feel?

• Total voters

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
There was a change? :D

DramaticPopcorn

9T0Rbgy.png

I hate every single one of you very very much.

:negative:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I've already mentioned this in the Site Feedback thread on this topic, but if we absolutely must have the threads from the subforums appear in the main General RPG Discussion page, then why not also create an additional Miscellaneous subforum that will include all threads that aren't in the other, existing subforums? I disagree with the change, but at least with this additional subforum people who want to look only at the threads that don't concern Bethesda/Bioware/CDProjeckt/Inxile/Obsidian can just look at the Miscellaneous subforum without having to scroll past numerous threads that aren't of interest to them.

:philosoraptor:

epeli

Arcane
What's the point of containment subforums if their contents are allowed to fill the main index? I can't speak for others, but this makes the signal-to-noise ratio of CRPGD unbearable for occasional lurkers who browse Codex News and GRPGD to find obscure RPGs.

HeroicBloodshed

Learned
A great change, doing away with the subforums altogether is a better option that goes a long way to returning codex to the glory days.

Only autists want everything neatly organized into subforums and shitty mega-threads (which are impossible to navigate and end up having the same things asked over and over).

Bring back the chaos.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
What's the point of containment subforums if their contents are allowed to fill the main index? I can't speak for others, but this makes the signal-to-noise ratio of CRPGD unbearable for occasional lurkers who browse Codex News and GRPGD to find obscure RPGs.

They can create accounts and ignore those subforums.

DramaticPopcorn

Only autists want everything neatly organized into subforums and shitty mega-threads (which are impossible to navigate and end up having the same things asked over and over).
You fucking newfag, the megathreads will only return because navigating the general will eventually become more confusing. Subforums allow for however many threads to be created to shill more.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Can we have a subforum for non Bioware, Bethesda, CD Project, Obsidian, Inexile and Spiderweb Software CRPGS?

Last edited:

epeli

Arcane

They can create accounts and ignore those subforums.

Nope, that doesn't seem to work. Threads from completely ignored subforums still appear in main index. Like I said, what's the point of these non-functional subforums? But eh, it's not a big deal.

imweasel

Just move the Bethesda subforum to retardoland where it belongs and everything will be perfect.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
It's shit, I don't give a single fuck about Pillars of Eternity so it's pretty fucking annoying that half the threads on the first page are about it. Even going back to megathreads would be better than this.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I got a solution for you guys:
  1. Create a new GRPG subforum
  2. Call it "Non-subforum subforum"
  3. Allow it to display content from GRPG but not its subforums
  4. Subforum haters rejoice with their own non-subforum
  5. Deposit 1000 brofists to my account

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I got a solution for you guys:
  1. Create a new GRPG subforum
  2. Call it "Non-subforum subforum"
  3. Allow it to display content from GRPG but not its subforums
  4. Subforum haters rejoice with their own non-subforum
  5. Deposit 1000 brofists to my account

I've already mentioned this in the Site Feedback thread on this topic, but if we absolutely must have the threads from the subforums appear in the main General RPG Discussion page, then why not also create an additional Miscellaneous subforum that will include all threads that aren't in the other, existing subforums? I disagree with the change, but at least with this additional subforum people who want to look only at the threads that don't concern Bethesda/Bioware/CDProjeckt/Inxile/Obsidian can just look at the Miscellaneous subforum without having to scroll past numerous threads that aren't of interest to them.

:philosoraptor:
:M Though this post only received 4 agree ratings, so I suppose this is not a popular solution.

kazgar

Arcane
The subforums bleeding into the main forums would be more usable if reading a thread (or marking it as read) also made the matching subforum thread marked as read and vice-versa. Could then mark a whole subforum as read and it would clean up the matching main forum threads at the same time. Though maybe I'm in the minority in using the unread markers to work out whats new or not.

Guess I could ignore subforums (if it worked as proposed above) but don't like to be that blunt with things, in case there is something interesting in the trash heap that is the subforums.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
You can't really ignore subforums now because recent threads from ignored subforums still show up in GRPGD :lol:

E.g. I am ignoring the Witcher subforum (because Witcher is the worst - and worst-written - RPG ever), but those threads still show up in the main forum. You really can't escape potato on the Codex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom