Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[POLL] Recently, some changes were made

How does it make you feel?

• Total voters

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Not too long ago, a change was made that allows threads in sub-forums to be shown here in the main GRPGD forum. This was to resolve what was seen as a long-standing issue of threads being buried in sub-forums and people not being able to keep up with the latest shit etc...

The Management™ are seeking your views on this change.

Tytus

Arcane
I don't really understand what was changed because I don't pay attention to the layout of the forums that much, but I hate it by default. Until custom avatars are not brought back I am against everything that the malicious tyrant and possible dinopedophile (he has intercourse with underage raptors) DarkUnderlord is doing.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
I don't give a shit desu senpai, but I reckon it gives some needed coverage to those threads.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
i like it and I fight for an unified GRPGD but what's the point of subforums now since they were supposed to act as containment?

You can still enter a subforum when looking for specific info on a developer.

I think the point of the change is that it makes people more likely to pay attention to threads that would otherwise be lost inside subforums.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

This was to resolve what was seen as a long-standing issue of threads being buried in sub-forums and people not being able to keep up with the latest shit etc...
That was the point of making subforums to begin with. No one wants to see those degenerate games made by degenerate developers anyway.

Do you really think we want to constantly see threads on Bioware's Mass Effect soft reboot? Or Bethesda hinting at their next decline of a walking sim? Or Obsidian's next trashmob-filled, Baldur's Gate wannabe clone?

And of course these threads are going to be popular to discuss, so they will be always on top, pushing everything else down. :decline:
The Management™ are seeking your views on this change.
It's disgusting. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
This change is probably an improvement, but sorting certain categories of RPGs into specialized subforums was a solution that should never have been needed.

Simply disallowing garbage RPGs and popamole from being discussed would have freed up more than enough room in the default General RPG Discussion forum.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It seems to have reduced the frequency of news threads getting low quality posts from scrubs who were too lazy to read the subforums, so it's a good change.
rating_racist.png

DramaticPopcorn

This poll is biased, and it's because of one simple reason:

It's located in GRPG Discussion, which, people who dislike new SHIT system of post display, actually avoid.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom