Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Poll: Obsidian's worst rpg

What's Obsidian's worst game?

• Total voters

Rev

Arcane
The title says pretty much all, but after reading the last page in the Obsidian General Discussion and seeing that some people actually liked DS3, I'm just curious to find out what's the Codex consensus on which of their games is the worst and why.
Not asking about which is the best, since we all know it would either be New Vegas or MotB.

Personally, I think it's DS3. It's just mediocre and forgettable in pretty much everything, and if it had some redeeming features I couldn't find them.
All their others games have problems (be it technical issues, cut contents, general unpolishness, etc), but most of them still had other good ideas/stories/features that I still managed to continue and reach the end, DS3 was just boring and I quit it after two hours.
I also quit South Park before the end, but I put more hours in the game and I consider it more enjoyable than Dungeon Siege.

Severian Silk

It's hard to say since I've only played half of them, and not all to completion. Of the ones I've played, I'd have to say FNV is the best (good role-playing, decent writing and characters) and South Park is the worst (boring plot, lame jokes, shitty combat). The others were all slightly overrated but not bad. They all have at least ONE GIANT FLAW, though what the flaw is exactly varies between games.

Last edited by a moderator:

Starwars

Arcane
The Neverwinter Nights 2 main campaign. The gameplay is shit, the story is shit, c&c is shit, the performance/engine is shit, almost all characters are shit (and with some incrediby annoying VA), there's an endless amount of filler shit... it's just really terrible for the most part.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I played all but Dungeon Siege III and Tyranny, and I voted for Neverwinter Nights 2. It was a pretty crap game engine, though in Obsidian's weak defense, it was what was given to them by Bioware.

As bad as I heard Dungeon Siege III was, it couldn't have been any worse than the original game.

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Voted DS3. I was considering NWN2 OC, but it actually had some good parts and was pretty fun after you got out of first act and got used to the camera and combat.

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
Dungeon Siege III was the only game I just couldn't play. All the other ones at least kept me interested for a while, but DS3 was tedium right from the beginning until I finally gave up in disgust after a couple of hours.

I quite enjoyed DS1, but DS2 was fairly boring. DS3 was far worse.

Disclaimer: I haven't played Tyranny or South Park yet.

Seaking4

Learned
I haven't played DS3 or Tyranny but I have trouble imagining them as worse than NWN2 OC. I didn't even finish South Park but at least in the two hours I played I moderately enjoyed myself before getting bored. The NWN2 OC is terrible in almost every way. It's a 60 hour game and there are like 2 areas that aren't complete garbage. It also features a wickedly overrated trial scene. No idea why anybody likes that part. Most of the other Obsidian games (as flawed as they are) at least contain something that prevents them from being complete garbage from start to finish. NWN2 only has Mask of the Betrayer and since it was separated for the purposes of this poll that makes NWN2 the slam dunk right answer.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
It also features a wickedly overrated trial scene. No idea why anybody likes that part.

Extremely overrated crap. And a perfect example of the kind of fake choice story-fags like.

But to Obsidian's defense at least they did a sequel worthy of the NWN1 OC because it's hard to tell which one is worse.

Repressed Homosexual
Are you guys joking? Alpha Faggotcol is a far worse turd than any of the ones listed here so far. That game was not only really annoying but completely unplayable. It forever soured me on shitsidian.

The NWN2 OC had a lot of good content, bad engine and combat notwithstanding. Dungeon Siege 3 had decent combat and environments. South Park, while I'm sure it is crude and unpleasant, had least has a functional combat system and imaginative scenarios.

Rev

Arcane
I see someone has already voted the "none, they're all perfect". I put that just to act as a counterpart to the "they're all shit" but I didn't really expected anyone besides Randal would choose that. :M

Bleed the Man

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
NWN2 is by far their most flawed game (on a repertory made of basically deeply flawed games), and DS3 is the most boring one.

So, one of those two is the correct answer. I'm partial to DS3 as I like NWN2 act 2 quite a bit.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
What's so significantly different?

Per-encounter spells for wizards, priests, and druids, and the removal of health. That was the final straw, I was already unhappy with five characters instead of six, and the replacement of good writers with mediocre/lousy ones.

Rev

Arcane
Per-encounter spells for wizards, priests, and druids, and the removal of health. That was the final straw, I was already unhappy with five characters instead of six, and the replacement of good writers with mediocre/lousy ones.
If all these things are so important to you, how could you like that turd of DA:I?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom