Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[POLL] How do you feel about buttons?

How do you feel about buttons?

• Bring them back, they added a much needed something something etc...

Votes: 184 44.9%
  • I liked them, but am concerned about Forum performance issues - can this be resolved?

Votes: 43 10.5%
  • Keep them away please.

Votes: 140 34.1%
  • Comrade of Kings

Votes: 43 10.5%

• Total voters

Deleted member 7219

I trust you can apply pressure to DU.

Visiting the Codex now isn't as fun as it used to be. It's like living in a shitty house, then being given nice furniture, then having it taken away and you realise you're living in a shitty house.

You are a pretty shitty poster though. Not in an ideological way just p. banal.

Why don't you ignore me then? Like you did on your old account?

Speaking of ignore why are you ignoring Randal! That guy is the best troll we have seen around here in a while.

He triggers me too much. I'll take him off ignore when I'm less stressed with work.

I've been slumming in politics for well over a year now but I still remember this PoE cuck. I bet you gave money to PoE2 campaign so they can make another bland, tasteless, polished turd. LOL, loser.

You're damn right I did!

:balance:
We need a Obsitard tag for people like you.

I'll take one! We have some other tags for people like you.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Except 'now' we have only one option, just as we did 'then'.
Wow just wow!! Go back to Fallout 4 please. Or better yet go back to your Diablo 3 and your one option. LOL

You're not making any sense, Mr Angel. If you want the 18 choices of a PST dialogue, you should vote for the buttons.
You are obviously too dense to figure out yourself so let me explain it to you. You never had only one choice. You have infinite choices as you could click reply and write whatever. Buttons replaced that for many people and this is why we are against them.

Wow, so deep. Except we are talking about brofists vs. buttons in this thread.

Sherry

Arcane
Hi.

WTF!?

Why am I being tagged in this thread when I have done nothing but join to post about Pillars and Deadfire threads I am not posting anywhere else but the game I enjoy playing but now my name is being flung all over?

He triggers me too much. I'll take him off ignore when I'm less stressed with work.

Speaking of ignore why are you ignoring Randal! That guy is the best troll we have seen around here in a while.

okay. u know what? I am not a man okay? Is it so hard to check my information and profile because clearly it is. Do you know what else? You are the reason these buttons were removed because yesterday I logged in and had over 60+ alerts of you giving me poo pile graphic images on each and every post I made since I joined and I reported you. Now NO ONE has buttons. Okay? I am not an alternative I am no a bubble or a troll I just joined to participate in Pillars of Eternity and keep to that thread okay? I like the game I played it for 160 hours and have fun . Maybe you don't like the game but that is okay but I really liked it but that does not make me these names you call me or anyone else okay just because I like a game. You can keep me on ignore okay because you are being a jerk and deserve silence.

I am sorry to everyone else I do not want to participate in button but I see no other option but to say something.

Thanks,
Randal

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Fun's just starting, I see.:M

Personally, I'd remove the rating system completely. And statuses. And even postcounts.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
On a serious, technically challenging note that would surely overburden the forum even further (and would likely be implemented, if ever, in the opposite way, because lulz), I would propose individual button curation on user level. Much like alert settings - each user checkboxes the buttons he intends to use and ignores those he doesn't wish to see. Consequently, he can only use the buttons he has chosen, and his own posts can also be rated only with these buttons.

For additional C&C challenge, the total number of ratings to select is ought to be limited, and the selection could only be changed once per month.

Then again, brofists are fine as they are.

Interesting.

Parabalus

Arcane
You are obviously too dense to figure out yourself so let me explain it to you. You never had only one choice. You have infinite choices as you could click reply and write whatever. Buttons replaced that for many people and this is why we are against them.

The only reason you are so butthurt is because you post so much inane crap people stopped responding to your bullshit and rightfully just retardoed it.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera

I trust you can apply pressure to DU.

Visiting the Codex now isn't as fun as it used to be. It's like living in a shitty house, then being given nice furniture, then having it taken away and you realise you're living in a shitty house.

You are a pretty shitty poster though. Not in an ideological way just p. banal.

Why don't you ignore me then? Like you did on your old account?

Disagree.

Kahr

Now we're really getting inmature.
But why wasn't there a button to lick assholes in the first place?

Kahr

Is this strategy with artificial produced butthurt usually working?
It feels rather dull. (like Randal s asshole)

One time I pressed the 'Prosper' button in response to a post saying something was 'prosperous', i.e. meaning wealthy or rich. It was a hilarious juxtaposition to the typical use of prosperface. Now, would someone simply using the word 'prosperous' in their post warrant a completely separate reply using the prosper emoticon? I think not. There is a subtle level of meta-humor that is only achievable through use of the button parade. You could argue that the Codex has been dumbed down without it.

Soon after my pressing of the 'Prosper' button, others followed suit, whom I can only assume were following my example. In this way, the button parade made me feel not just like another poster, but like a leader.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom