Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

POLL: Grimoire bugs and OS

Are you getting bugs with Grimoire?

• Never - running on Win 7, 32 bit (x86)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never - running on Win 7 64 bit

• Occasionally - running on Win 7 32 bit (x86)

• Occasionally - running on other OS

• Constantly - running on Win 7 32 bit (x86)

• Constantly - running on Win 7 64 bit

• Constantly - running on other OS

• Total voters

Jason Liang

Arcane
Let's see if these Grimoire bugs are an architecture problem.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
00000000000000069637-ms: ERROR 'ResPack.cpp' Line 671 Data Record Index Exceeds End Of Binary / 19

mogwaimon

Magister
This is a very broad topic, really could mean anything.

I will say that the only bug I've encountered in my very limited experience with the game is that I can't do windowed mode with scale to fit on. Results in a black screen. This normally would not be an issue for me since I prefer full-screen anyways, but alt-tab refuses to work with the game so if I play I either have to sacrifice multi-tasking or visibility (Bad eyes, can't read the small text in a small window).

Just for posterity, the system is running Win 10 x64, the game version I last tested on was I believe 1.2.0.3 (Haven't seen any graphics patches in the latest patch notes) and my specs are i7 4790k, 8GB DDR3 RAM, and Geforce 980 GPU.

Jason Liang

Arcane
I'm mostly concerned about the data access errors but graphical errors might be part of it.

Please use the poll so we can have data for Cleve.

Could it be that Cleve wrote the game for 16 bit architecture? That would explain the errors on 64 bit systems (since 64 bit does not support backward compatability with 16 bit).

Publishers often need to release both a 32 bit and a 64 bit version of their software these days.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
I'm mostly concerned about the data access errors but graphical errors might be part of it.

Please use the poll so we can have data for Cleve.

Could it be that Cleve wrote the game for 16 bit architecture? That would explain the errors on 64 bit systems (since 64 bit does not support backward compatability with 16 bit).

Publishers often need to release both a 32 bit and a 64 bit version of their software these days.
Easy fix then, Cleve just has to put a #define * 4

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I haven't had a problem with Win 10 pro 64bit except for at the start when I changed from scaled fullscreen to scaled windowed mode and it brought up a black screen (which needed a reinstall to fix). When playing windowed mode, just don't have scaling enabled.

Epsilon

Cipher
Scaling + fullscreen and windowed. No problems.
0BaWZL1.jpg
To clarify. The game is running in fullscreen + scaling. WINE Is running the game in a window of 1920x1440. So that resolution is seen by the game as the maximum resolution the screen can manage. Alt-tabbing works wonderfully this way too.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom