Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[Poll] Did anyone finish Divinity: Original Sin?

Did you finish D:OS?

• Yes, I finished it.

Votes: 194 39.3%
  • I played it but didn't finish it.

Votes: 231 46.8%
  • I haven't played it (kingcomrade).

Votes: 69 14.0%

• Total voters

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Finished it in 90hrs and really enjoyed it.
Okay, there's plenty of room for improvement, but it was entertaining and the combat was pretty fun.
Probably doing a second playthrough when the Enhanced Edition is released... Unless Styg manages to finish Underrail by then.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Ego Draconis was a much funner game and I would argue the best in the series. That game had environments that were beautiful and factions that were fun. It had secrets you gave a shit about.
Uh, you better be talking about the expansion. Otherwise your opinion is retarded. Because vanilla had 1/3 of its sidequests being shit-tastic dragon flying fortresses (which I simply skipped), a fucking platforming sidequests. Vanilla was basically shit after Sentinel Island. Fuck Orobas Fjords. The only fun thing was the power rangers.

Now if you're talking about Flames of Vengeance then I take that all back.

Ego Draconis is supposed to be the decline.
Uh.. how exactly? It was incline above Beyond Divinity.

the exploration was practically zero thanks to random loot.
Good job not finding the hand-placed legendaries and special skillbooks in secret areas that you find through reading random books or conversation hints/dialogue choices or stuff like that.
Did you find Heartseeker?

Did you find the secret area behind the waterfall in the Immaculate Village, where one of your companions turn on you?

Maradino's secret hideout... Where within he has a secret room?

Besides the fact that I didn't bother much with loot drops as much as going into the Immaculate Village, stealing as much Tenebrium as I could, and then selling or upgrading all of my shit.

Cadmus

Arcane
I got bored about halfway through the game. Its cool that they made a top down rpg which is great. Turned based is fine if it's done well, this game did not do it well. Specifically camera angles and animations caused target problems to the point of being annoying. These issues would often screw up a tough fight that had been going on for a while. The story is boring and the dialogue is not worth reading. The crafting system is all over the place to the extent that it is not fun to discover anything. Basically the game encourages min/maxing over investment in any character or plotline. Ego Draconis was a much funner game and I would argue the best in the series. That game had environments that were beautiful and factions that were fun. It had secrets you gave a shit about. "Divinity Original Sin" I dont give a shit about even though I really want to. Ego Draconis is supposed to be the decline. Its funner and more interesting than what is supposed to be the incline, I'll tell you that.
Turn based not done well.

Shit, mate, I'd like to play all those numerous better turn based games that you played.

Fucking retard.

upwardlymobile

forum posting consultant
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
i finished it but mostly what i remember of the ending was a feeling of relief that i could move onto something else

some writers seem to believe that putting biblical allegory in your story makes it deep and meaningful regardless of what a shitty writer you are

4verse

Literate
i finished it but mostly what i remember of the ending was a feeling of relief that i could move onto something else

some writers seem to believe that putting biblical allegory in your story makes it deep and meaningful regardless of what a shitty writer you are

i totally agree on a general basis! i dont like biblical/over epic stories very much. less epic but deeper, more personal storylines i prefer by far
for DOS1 that means in my case: i liked the side quests/stories generally much more then the overarching plot

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I made it today, playing with a friend. We had time basically only during weekends, and we tried to be thorough - it took around 100 hours, and we started in early September. Last couple of hours quickly became a slog of slogs, and, to be honest, I didn’t enjoy it even half as much as even Luculla. I want to think that plot was nonexistent, that’s how bad and generic it was, but D:OS was worthy playing just only for fights - battles are damn glorious. Overall, a decent piece of code. Would not play again however.

nikolokolus

Arcane
I held off finishing my playthrough of the original game once I heard the EE version would be coming out. Slowly but surely I'm about 3/4 of the way through it. It's best bits are the exploration and combat and chipping away 1-3 hours a few nights a week has been a nice diversion after work. I probably skip 80% of the dialogue and the story is completely forgettable trash, but the systems are fun enough to cover up the sins of its lackluster story.

Soph

Educated
Finished it when it came out, can't actually remember most of the story. The first two act's were great with the last act feeling rushed. The final boss was a pushover.

The thing I remember most for some reason is the preaching ghost in the graveyard in act one who keeps blabbering on about how great it is to be on earth, I don't even think I walked passed him that much. But his dialogue is still fresh... the sights... THE SOUNDS O_O

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Couldn't play it past the first 30 minutes of Act II. I completely lost my interest and got struck with boredom at the triteness of combat and uninspired banality of the storyline, in the second act. And the more so, since this came in stark contrast with Act I, which was really good IMHO.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Couldn't play it past the first 30 minutes of Act II. I completely lost my interest and got struck with boredom at the triteness of combat and uninspired banality of the storyline, in the second act. And the more so, since this came in stark contrast with Act I, which was really good IMHO.
They had us beta test the 1st act. We made sure that it was 'pretty good' through lots of feedback.

Severian Silk

I finished it, but was glad it was over because it was boring toward the end.

orcinator

Liturgist
Finished it with a friend

Hooray for no drm MP

Didn't finish my simultaneous solo playthrough where I can actually read stuff (was like 1 act behind)

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
Can't put the finger on why, but I can't keep on past the first hour.
It kinda gives me the feel I won't be surprised. Am probably wrong though.

It's even weirder because the beginning of, say, M&MX was absolute garbage yet I kept on and didn't regret it. Gotta give DOS another shot when I got time.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Ragequit after the 50th try or so of the final battle.

Now I'm butthurt that my save games don't work with the EXXTREME EDITION.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
50 times? I thought that fight was a joke. it's supposedly easier in the EE.

Deleted Member 16721

I loved it from start to finish. Co-op'ed it with my dad. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves for over 120 hours. Enhanced Edition, by the way.

It's nice to see an epic, 100+ hour adventure nowadays. We actually wished it would keep going and wouldn't end, heh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom