Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[Poll] Did anyone finish Divinity: Original Sin?

Did you finish D:OS?

• Yes, I finished it.

Votes: 194 39.3%
  • I played it but didn't finish it.

Votes: 231 46.8%
  • I haven't played it (kingcomrade).

Votes: 69 14.0%

• Total voters

Niektory

one of some
Patron
The desert can be skipped, there's another way you can get to the other side. I hadn't visited it until much later in my playthrough.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
Didn't finish it, made it quite far but the combat got too repetitive, just the same combos over and over... and all randomly generated stuff made it even worse.

Plus a few moments of "this is so retarded, it has to be a kickstarter thing".

Semper

Cipher
MCA Project: Eternity
started as a co-op session but friend gave up late in the game. i finished the last third alone, and kept dragging through the shitty encounters.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I was about halfway in when my rig crashed and burned and after buying the new one I did not feel like going through the first half again so soon.

Will finish, next year.

Dieithrio

Educated
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Hell of a ride, but I managed to finish the thing. 100% worth it, even if overall quality decreases towards the end.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The bloated abilities system is bad, per encounters abilities systems are bad and Sawyer should feel bad, and me too i guess for backing two games with them. I'm waiting for the hardcore mode but i fear it will just be more HP bloating and exxxtreme ability weakness usage.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Finished it, the game was enjoyable overall but I wish it had taken itself a little more seriously. The combat was fun, but started to get too easy near the end. The void dragon in particular was pretty much trivial as despite its massive HP all it did was elemental damage and I'm pretty sure I only had to heal my tank once. I probably won't bother playing through it again. I can see why people praise the first act, it definitely is the best part of the game.

Sodafish

Arcane
Yeah I finished it. Got a bit easy towards the end, but I didn't find it tedious like some.

mydnight

Educated
Too long for what it is. Exploration is fun but main story drags and the level 19 spells are relatively useless and many puzzles are a bore. Final boss fight was a breeze.

Still one of the best combat in an rpg to be released in recent years but I can see much potential for improvement in the next divinity.

Unwanted

Sycophantic Noob

Andhaira
Andhaira
Too long for what it is. Exploration is fun but main story drags and the level 19 spells are relatively useless and many puzzles are a bore. Final boss fight was a breeze.

Still one of the best combat in an rpg to be released in recent years but I can see much potential for improvement in the next divinity.

Do you believe the combat of this is superior to Blackguards?

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
No. Wasteland II took priority, then Storm of the Zehir. I'll finish it before buying Dead State, though.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Got to the last dungeon/temple/whatever. Found out I had to collect all of the blood stones and apparently I missed one somewhere. Was pretty sure I knew where it was but put the game aside and never got back to it.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Droped it after Cyseal the story, tone and Word of Warcraft graphics not to mention randonm placed random loot are bit too much for Commissar tastes... will propably finish this when patched and with DKS like addon. (Had the same problem with Divine Divinity 2 but finished it after the expansion :incline:ed the game) Good spend money but Wasteland 2 was better... more grimdark serious dispate all those W1 references... And with the age my tolerance to all kind of elves, magic and faggotery drops... and You don't even can play as Dwarf in this. :decline:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Got to the last dungeon/temple/whatever. Found out I had to collect all of the blood stones and apparently I missed one somewhere.
What is it with games where you have x number of hidden items and you have to find every single last goddamn one of them? Have there be 14 of them and make it so you only need 12. There's always one that's hidden so "cleverly" that I will never figure out how the fuck to find it. Oh, it's in the hat brim of the statue in the town from before I got the quest? And I have to plug a controller into Port 2 to interact with the statue? Go to hell.

Sorry, unrelated rant I guess. :|

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Similar enough. This was a few months ago shortly after it came out. I'm pretty sure I just looked up the answer in the guide but still couldn't be bothered to go back. I'll pick up the game again eventually since they added new AI, companions, etc. Rarely do I complain about a game being 'too long' but I agree with what others have said in that Div OS sort of drags out a bit and could stand to be a lot tighter and probably 5-10 or so hours shorter.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom