Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[Poll] Did anyone finish Divinity: Original Sin?

Did you finish D:OS?

• Yes, I finished it.

Votes: 194 39.3%
  • I played it but didn't finish it.

Votes: 231 46.8%
  • I haven't played it (kingcomrade).

Votes: 69 14.0%

• Total voters

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Everyone lauded the game's first act, but did anyone actually finish this thing?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
played but didn't finish.
good game, but for me completely lacking in the story department. even a shit story can be compelling tho so it's not really about that. it's more like.. tone and mood.
I don't think I can play a story-driven game for 30h+ unless there's some sense of seriousness. I'm not asking for grimdark, just something a little more rooted.
also missed the mark with the companions, at least at launch.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I didn't finish it, but that was due to lack of time. I will probably play it again and finish after that big balance patch.

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It's pretty great.
Best RPG that have come out this year, not that it actually have any close competitors in that category.

Ivan

Arcane
Cyseal was perfect, it started to decline little by little from there. Needless to say, I saw it through to its end.

Combat (Through Act 2) and exploration were fantastic.

Story, dialogue system, social interaction was a HUGE disappointment.

Clotstein

Augur
The combat, while a little too easy after you gain a couple of levels and spells/skills, was fun enough to see it trough to the end. The story was nothing to write home about, but serviceable.
Except Cyseal, Cyseal was very nice.

Saduj

Arcane
Finished it and enjoyed/would recommend the game but it did start to drag a bit and I was glad when I realized I was reaching the end.

With Wasteland 2, on the other hand, I was disappointed to realize I was reaching the end. But I think I'm in the minority on that one.

skyst

Augur
I finished it. The areas around Cyseal were very difficult but the combat did get too easy quite quickly and tactics kind of became less and less important. I also feel that the game being so nonlinear was refreshing but very detrimental to the story, which became quite disjointed for me since I, apparently, took a very strange path through the game and missed a lot of stuff.

Sykar

Arcane
Played but didn't finish due to my Win8.1 update completely screwing over my OS, could not even restore it since every repair function told me that my HDD is read only and had therefore trash the whole system and reinstall everything from scratch. Ode to joy...

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Didnt finish it. Steam says I played for 55 hours, think I got to the late game sections(the poison woods) and somehow forgot about it.
Might fire it up some time if the save games are still compatible.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
I finished it.
Like everyone says, the combat becomes sometimes too easy and so the game less interesting, but still a good game.

Crichton

Prophet
Finished it; Steam says 120 hours but I restarted once ~5 hours in. I liked it all the way to the end and was considering my characters for a 2nd playthrough when they dropped that obnoxious 80% resistance cap "balance" patch. Now I'm waiting for the next "balance" patch.

Rpgsaurus Rex

Did finish it once.

It is a good game but also a bad game. A true Larian game, with all the running in the snow wet faced excitement and the inevitable "who designed this shit" post-coital depression. Money well spent.

Multi-headed Cow

Didn't finish it, got in somewhere (Act 3? Can't remember) co-op with a bro and then acts of god such as computer explosions conspired to slow us down which then got us out of the habit of the bro-op and we haven't gotten back in. Probably should finish it, same acts of god also knocked me out of Dark Souls 2 DLC playing and I still haven't finished DLC 2 and 3.

nikolokolus

Arcane
I shelved it for awhile because I wanted them to finish the extra companions and finish polishing it with some patches. So I just started a new playthrough a week or so ago and I'll be completing it this time. I'm liking some of the little touches and I like the two new companions I've found.

Ziem

Arbiter
I did. I'll probably play it again after theyre done patching it.

The Bishop

Cipher
Combat (the main attraction) becomes trivial by the end, and story doesn't get any less trivial at the same time. Stopped playing after realizing that I'm going through the same motions in every battle with trash mob #132 and pressing 1 repeatedly in every dialog.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Finished it co-op, although the game really turned into a drag in Phantom Forest. We pretty much just decided to rush through that to the end at some point.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Didn't finish it. Tried Co-op with a friend, but we both got distracted and he didn't have the "full version", so meh. Will come back to the game, when I find somebody willing to play from start to finish with me.

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I'm going to. Playing with a friend and we can only play when we both have time. But we should be somewhat close to the end by now.

Both of us enjoy the game its all about getting the time to fit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom