Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Poll - Best Obsidian game so far

Best Obsidian game so far?

• Total voters

Lios

Cipher
Ideally POE2 learning from the mistakes of its father
Realistically I dunno, all of my top 3 Obsidian games (FNV, MOTB, Alpha Protocol) manage to fuck my enjoyment in the ass one way or another
FNV because of the Bethesda sperm stains, Alpha Protocol because Alpha Protocol, MOTB... I don't remember why to be honest, I just don't eat my flesh in glorious praise when I think of it.

naossano

Cipher
While I have some respect for FNV, I could never see one of those open sandbox designed "rpg" as being N°1 of any list. Fuck walking simulators, I'm not looking forward spending entire hours walking through a virtual space just to get access to the real meat.

Funny, there are those who hate it for all locations being too close to each (you always have a point of interest in the horizon).

Both complains are equally valid. Everything is way too close to each other, and there is already way to much useless/empty/generic/filler/crap locations between those "point of interest". Better have big hubs with an abstract travel system between those. No need to see each mile of grass/rock between the relevant locations.

Lios

Cipher
Both complains are equally valid. Everything is way too close to each other, and there is already way to much useless/empty/generic/filler/crap locations between those "point of interest". Better have big hubs with an abstract travel system between those. No need to see each mile of grass/rock between the relevant locations.

i agree, but on any occasion, you can just press "c" for autowalk and have a cigarette

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
MoTB is overhyped. Is it a helluva lot of fun? Absolutely. It's still based on the NWN2 systems, tho. Both MoTB and FNV have their strengths and issues, but for me it comes down to the fact that I just prefer the sci-fi fallout setting to the high fantasy D&D setting.

ArchAngel

Arcane

i agree, but on any occasion, you can just press "c" for autowalk and have a cigarette
I tried that and got murdered by Imperium assassins or some shit like that.

Lios

Cipher

I tried that and got murdered by Imperium assassins or some shit like that.

yeah I know
not very productive, but what can you do with all those real time walkers if you're a smoker

Jozoz

Prophet
Of all these games I've only played Fallout: New Vegas and KOTOR2.

I feel like a disgrace.

Especially since I own most of them.

Nikaido

Arcane
In My Safe Space
MoTB is overhyped. Is it a helluva lot of fun? Absolutely. It's still based on the NWN2 systems, tho. Both MoTB and FNV have their strengths and issues, but for me it comes down to the fact that I just prefer the sci-fi fallout setting to the high fantasy D&D setting.

It has 20% of the votes here. But it is "overhyped". Man, retards never change.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
DS III has more votes than NWN 2 OC? Da fuq?! Codex tryin to be edgy again... :|

PS: Voted for Kotor II, but could have also voted for Alpha Protocol or PoE.
Still have to play MotB though...

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
fucking retard

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
When you call the game that's come the closest to PS:T overhyped, then you are a fucking retard.

Malpercio

Arcane
MotB.

NV is another solid choice I guess, but I never was into Fallout much.

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron

By that logic, since F:NV has about 40% of the vote, that means it's twice a good a game as MoTB, which would be equally retarded to say.

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron
When you call the game that's come the closest to PS:T overhyped, then you are a fucking retard.

I'm not saying it isn't a good game. What I am saying is that it isn't the second coming of Black Jesus. MoTB has flaws, as does FNV. People here seem to forget that.

I'm judging FNV based on it and the DLC. If we're talking about only vanilla FNV, then I could understand the argument of MoTB > FNV. I still likely would not agree, but I'd get it.

ArchAngel

Arcane

By that logic, since F:NV has about 40% of the vote, that means it's twice a good a game as MoTB, which would be equally retarded to say.
Don't be retarted, everyone knows SoZ is the best OBs game. They took all they learned from MotB and applied it to SoZ.
:troll:

Stormcrowfleet

Aeon & Star Interactive
Developer
I chose KOTOR 2 because of its potentiality, not because of its actuality. The only reason I didn't chose Fallout 3 NV is because I haven't yet played it fully (which I am doing right now).

In all cases my last choice would have been Alpha Protocol. Even PoE was better than this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom