Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Poll - Best Obsidian game so far

Best Obsidian game so far?

• Total voters

hivemind

Alpha Protocol by far, with kotor 2 and new vegas coming up next.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So I guess all the tales of Codex are not true, this is the same retarded internet forum like the rest where people call you a troll when they don't agree with you and then put you on ignore LOL.
Noted.
In the off chance you're not trolling, I'll give you one hint.

When you start off like this:
And still Kotor 2 is a better game in FNV in brain of any normal person.
You're not interested in discussion

So yeah

ArchAngel

Arcane
Considering my more normal posts were welcomed by similar comments why bother making better posts?

And my second post on the topic was normal one.

agris

Arcane
Patron
I was very tempted to vote AP, but the tone-deaf boss fights took it down a notch. F:NV for me, but it's been a long time since I finished KOTOR2.

I never did play NWN1/2, I couldn't get into 3.x. With PoE released and everyone talking about MotB and SoZ, I should probably play those some day.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Every time I'm thinking of MotB and want to install the game again, I'm reminded of the scars the 3D camera left me with and I just don't end up bothering with it.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I was very tempted to vote AP, but the tone-deaf boss fights took it down a notch. F:NV for me, but it's been a long time since I finished KOTOR2.

I never did play NWN1/2, I couldn't get into 3.x. With PoE released and everyone talking about MotB and SoZ, I should probably play those some day.
Give SoZ a pass. Unless you really want to play a worse IWD with one cool idea (party dialog).

NWN2 is so rough to play I have never finished MotB.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Give SoZ a pass. Unless you really want to play a worse IWD with one cool idea (party dialog).

NWN2 is so rough to play I have never finished MotB.
SoZ is a worse Bg1, not worse IWD. And it had more than one cool idea, it had the whole merchant system that was fun as well as using many many different skills when traveling the overland map to find goodies. PoE can learn a lot about how to make many skills useful

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
SoZ was one of the all time biggest fucking disappointments after the masterpiece that was MotB. Fuck that piece of shit game.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Only if you didn't know what to expect.

Project director Kevin Saunders, who is now working on Torment: Tides of Numenera, explained here:

Historically, second expansions to CRPGs sell significantly fewer units than first expansions of CRPGs. Therefore, it is smart business for publishers to invest significantly less $ into their development. One might infer that this was the case for SoZ when compared to MotB.

Given its resource constraints, I felt that if SoZ tried to be the same type of game that MotB was, then it would fall far short of MotB's quality bar. I wanted the game to have a better chance at delivering an interesting and memorable experience. This was a big part of why we took SoZ in a different direction. It was a risk to do this, but I preferred the possibility of something innovative to the certainty of mediocrity (relative to our own high standards, which we rarely attain). It's to the credit of people like Tony Evans and Nathaniel Chapman that it came together as well as it did -- they did a great job developing the vision for the game and then executing on it. If you dislike the overall direction we took with SoZ, that was due to me (with Feargus's guidance) attempting to navigate marketing realities, not anyone on the team failing to deliver.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Heh OK, so if someone is going to play NWN2, stick with MotB? Not like game-time is flowing in abundance. One day the WL2 and D:OS patches will be done and I'll actually need to play them..

ArchAngel

Arcane
SoZ was one of the all time biggest fucking disappointments after the masterpiece that was MotB. Fuck that piece of shit game.
That depends on ones expectations. I got from SoZ what I expected and wanted, another bg1 like experience. I didn't want another PST experience after PST and MotB especially since neither NWN1 or NWN2 were anywhere close to BG1 or BG2.
And it is not like OBsidian were hiding how SoZ is going to look and play. Only disappointing thing about SoZ was that it was not polished enough in what it tried to do (and lacked bigger/more dungeons).

I was more disappointed for MotB as I was expecting a cool Epic level D&D campaign like HotU but got a PST wanna be that was worse than PST in almost every way and also was a terrible D&D epic level game.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I was more disappointed for MotB as I was expecting a cool Epic level D&D campaign like HotU but got a PST wanna be that was worse than PST in almost every way and also was a terrible D&D epic level game.
:hmmm:

:nocountryforshitposters:
archangel is definitely dumbfuck of the year 2015, nothing to see here, carry on
Only dumbfuck here is the guy that has no point except sharing how he feels about other people. Go talk to your mother if you got feelings to share. We give no fucks.
Btw congrats you are now at 0.4 hiver points.

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
:hmmm:

:nocountryforshitposters:
archangel is definitely dumbfuck of the year 2015, nothing to see here, carry on
Only dumbfuck here is the guy that has no point except sharing how he feels about other people. Go talk to your mother if you got feelings to share. We give no fucks.
Btw congrats you are now at 0.4 hiver points.
:prosper:

Nikaido

Arcane
In My Safe Space
MotB.
FNV is a close second, as a full featured game rather than expac, it certainly has a lot more content and the like. But. There are too many issues that mars the enjoyment, MotB is a well self contained experience, with just the right amount of content to tell its story, while FNV has some of the most horrendous, overly long, overdrawn series of fetch quests in the history of RPGs, coupled with a LOOOOOOOOOT of walking through content-empty areas (an issue that comes from using FO3's engine and following the opencrap design philosophy) for aeons. FNV has a lot of worthwhile things to experience, and is worth playing once but you really have to suffer some bullshit to get it. MotB kept my attention throughout the game, FNV had moments that really made me want to ALT-F4.

While I have some respect for FNV, I could never see one of those open sandbox designed "rpg" as being N°1 of any list. Fuck walking simulators, I'm not looking forward spending entire hours walking through a virtual space just to get access to the real meat.

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
This poll just shows how many fags never played MotB. It is a shame that it is an expansion to a shitty game, which understandably deters a lot of people.

While I have some respect for FNV, I could never see one of those open sandbox designed "rpg" as being N°1 of any list. Fuck walking simulators, I'm not looking forward spending entire hours walking through a virtual space just to get access to the real meat.

Funny, there are those who hate it for all locations being too close to each (you always have a point of interest in the horizon).

tuluse

Arcane

Funny, there are those who hate it for all locations being too close to each (you always have a point of interest in the horizon).
It has both problems. This is what comes from no overland map.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
New Vegas is my favorite Obsidian and Fallout game to date. Despite all the dumb Bethesduh crap in it that they weren't able to remove (like the Pip Boy 3000) they managed to pull off a behemoth of a game with lots of cool content.

It's also the closest we've gotten to a Wild West themed open world RPG. :incline: Yeah, sure, there are super mutants, robots, laser guns, skeletons running around in astronaut suits and white Americans larping as Romans, but still. :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom