Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Poll - Best Obsidian game so far

Best Obsidian game so far?

• Total voters

Gentle Player

Arcane
Having top down combat doesn't make a game an RPG, if the most it has is stats to affect combat it's an ARPG

So Ultima, Gold Box, Might and Magic, Wizardry, and most other classics of the genre are actually action RPGs?

What is an action RPG? :troll:

Shevek

Arcane
This is a tough choice for me. Its a toss up between FNV, PoE and MotB. Without mods or xpacks (just the base game), I think PoE wins (what I voted for). If you add in all the DLCs and Mods, then FNV is a formidable product and wins handily. If you really focus on storytelling, MotB wins.

Last edited:

Duraframe300

Arcane
Where's my KC option?
It's Dungeon Siege 3.
Also doubles as "lol, Obsidian" option.

I don't see it.

Is it in the way that its un-Obsidian? (Though Black Isle also did Dark Alliance 2)

Because, for example, if you don't like South Park humor what would make SP:TSOT superior to DSIII?

DSIII features combat that you can get some *fun* out of as well. :smug:

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Sad day when F:NV has 2x more votes than PoE + MotB :/
Seems RPGCodex is a FPS site now.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
So far New Vegas. Other Obsidian games I've played through are South Park and NWN2 OC, so not much contest there. I've started MotB and SoZ on multiple occasions, but each and every one of those has ended within the hour. I don't really know why. Probably horrible flashbacks from the OC. Will get PoE once I actually have time for it and it's a bit cheaper. Might get others if heavily discounted, although that hasn't worked with AP or Kotor2 as of yet.

naossano

Cipher
FoNV shines despite being an FPS, not because of it.
And shine might be an overstatement considering the large quantity of fillers the game has, despite a good core.

thesoup

Arcane
This butthurt faggot actually ignored me over this.:incline:
Sorry casuals, if the truth hurts this much you should feel at home at rpgwatch.
Also:

Not even surprised that a Swede would be offended and rushed to protect his feelings with the ignore button.

FoNV shines despite being an FPS, not because of it.
And shine might be an overstatement considering the large quantity of fillers the game has, despite a good core.
And each and every rtwp game that was ever good was never so because of combat because that was always shit. Without exception. All IE games have shit, worthless combat. And yes, this includes your precious "combatfag" game Icewind Dale.

And FONV shines despite being on gamebyro, not despite being FPS.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I have these chains right here and a very comfortable chair, as well as save state from last levels of KoTOR2 aka sith academy at Malachor for everyone who thinks that rtwp is better than fps just "by default". We can do it 7 times if you wish it or until you will scream for mercy and pay me money to let you go.

OTOH people would probably succumb just in the prologue while smashing droids in Peragus for 20ith time.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I have these chains right here and a very comfortable chair, as well as save state from last levels of KoTOR2 aka sith academy at Malachor for everyone who thinks that rtwp is better than fps just "by default". We can do it 7 times if you wish it or until you will scream for mercy and pay me money to let you go.
And still Kotor 2 is a better game in FNV in brain of any normal person.

thesoup

Arcane
And still Kotor 2 is a better game in FNV in brain of any normal person.
True. Because normals are casualfags.:smug:

ArchAngel

Arcane
^Too obvious.
If that was your attempt of accusing me of trolling.. well I am not. FNV is a exercise in tedium. You spend so much time doing nothing so you could do some average things. I quit after 15h of playing it.
Even Kotor 2 with its garbage combat system didn't leave me bored 3/4 of the time. What I seen in those 15h is about average quality of F2 Trials temple, meaning pretty bad. The only thing that stood out a bit was the Nuclear plant with ghouls and nightghouls and that was pretty crappy with too much crappy fps combat and also too much nothing for a crappy payoff.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I am really not sure what kind of brain damage or cult conditioning people had to go through so they consider FNV fun.

You're trolling, you're baiting, I can't believe my eyes! You're taunting, you're joking, can you trust this guy?

Andhaira or Liberal, you're driving me insane! Bryce or Fretrider, you must up your game!

I'm done, I'm tired, this just won't do! I'm sick, I'm full, into ignore you go!

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
New Vegas is the obvious choice. They really went H.A.M. removing Bethesda's taint as much as they could and creating great content.

:slamdunk:

AN4RCHID

Arcane
F:NV by a pretty good margin. The faction stuff and C&C is so incredible even the garbage FO3 engine and combat can't ruin it.

I have really high hopes for the upcoming PoE expansions and sequel though.

ArchAngel

Arcane
You're trolling, you're baiting, I can't believe my eyes! You're taunting, you're joking, can you trust this guy?

Andhaira or Liberal, you're driving me insane! Bryce or Fretrider, you must up your game!

I'm done, I'm tired, this just won't do! I'm sick, I'm full, into ignore you go!
So I guess all the tales of Codex are not true, this is the same retarded internet forum like the rest where people call you a troll when they don't agree with you and then put you on ignore LOL.
Noted.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom