Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Poll - Best Obsidian game so far

Best Obsidian game so far?

• Total voters

TripJack

Hedonist
lol alpha protocol has votes

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Fallout: New Vegas is a casual filter.

jkz7ppq.png

nxTaXal.png
VEA4ni4.png

PzQZJZO.png

yZW8haF.png

This is just evidence that this board has extremely mook-tier taste in rpgs.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
South Park obviously.
:positive:
Spear wielding Roman Empire larpers were really not my cup of tea. And since then I also make sure to steer clear of anything that could be influenced by J.E.Saywer's obsession with history.
Also shitty Fallout 3 engine is shitty.

Last edited:

croitav

I hate 3D graphics
hall of shame:

Members who voted for 'Alpha Protocol'

Saber-Scorpion Ogg Darth Roxor treave Muty Exxos likaq (deleted member) SoupNazi 1451 Churrasco Stasgard BlackAdderBG Bubbles His Majesty hivemind Grampy_Bone

17 total votes.

Falksi

Arcane
Alpha Protocol was often infuriating. But the experience as a whole was still brilliant, and there was still plenty of fun to be had, even with the combat.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Obsidian hasn't made a "best game". All of their games have been rough at the edges in various ways to the point that telling the bad and lousy ones might be easy, but there is no real "best" among the... unbad.

Lahey

Laheyist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
The studio has an excellent library!
I look at this list and see a few good games, a few shit games, and a few in-between, hence labelling it mediocre as a whole. Excellence is reflected by a library of titans. BIS would be a good example. Troika, Looking Glass, Sir-Tech would be debatable but still more accurately described as excellent than Obsidian, especially in comparison.
However I'm a bit puzzled how the Codex would vote for a Bethesda engine gaem over MoTB or KotoR II.
I didn't vote for MoTB because it's an expansion, and I disagree with the decision to allocate a separate slot on its behalf regardless of quality. KotoR 2 was an unfinished mess that took the community years to transform into a semi-complete state, and the result was merely a decent storyfag game. NV is still popamole trash but wins by default when compared to the rest of their offerings. This isn't so much praise of NV as it is criticism of Obsidian.

Vorark

Erudite
From the games I've had the opportunity to play, it goes: NV > KOTOR2 > MoTB > Pillars

NV: As others mentioned, C&C, factions, good story, true to FO1 & 2. Crippled by FO3 shenanigans but very much playable.

KOTOR2: Overall excellent for story/character purposes. Suffers from mind numbing introduction and unfinished ending. Restoration mod is a must.

MoTB: You'll probably have a good time if you skip the OC. Unfortunately is saddled with that engine and is high level D&D (I prefer low level).

Pillars: Is the disappointing one, if you consider Obsidian had full control of the process at the time -- "Oh, wow, imagine an unshackled Obsidian!" Ok, they had to stick to their Kickstarter pitch but you get the idea. Won't elaborate more because there are like 7 reviews or something.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
Which was the best movie:

Son of The Mask
Ghosts of Mars
Attack of the Clones
Riddick
Bigger, Longer & Uncut
King Arthur (2004)
Fury
The Battle of the Five Armies
The Bourne Legacy
The Bourne Identity

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
The Bourne Legacy was great.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom