Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Poll - Best Obsidian game so far

Best Obsidian game so far?

• Total voters
Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
!

Deleted member 7219

Difficult.

As an all round package, PoE.

For content and reactivity, New Vegas.

For story and characters, KOTOR 2.

For originality, MotB.

With a gun to my head, I'd pick New Vegas as their best, followed by KOTOR 2, PoE, MotB in that order. Alpha Protocol, Dungeon Siege 3 and South Park all have great moments but are far from Obsidian's best.

Starwars

Arcane
Definitely Pillars.

If just judging the campaigns for story stuff then MotB would win but all around package is definitely PoE.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Electing the best game from a list usually requires having a good game as a reference point.

-1 > -1 is a false condition.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
NWN2 (includes its expansions)
Poll sucks.

I'd vote MotB and SoZ if these were separate, but including them both (unnamed) under NWN2 is just... just no.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Of the ones I've played, TSL continues to be my favorite thus far.

made

Arcane
"NWN2 (includes its expansions)"

No, fuck off. Either MOTB gets its own option or I ain't voting in your stupid poll.

PS: SoZ was sozzy.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
TSL would win, if we considered the community patches/fixes/restorations, but we're voting the best Obsidian game here, and TSL was some unfinished shit when released, and remained such even after the official patches/updates (yeah yeah yeah blame Lucasarts and deadlines and whatever: the game was still shit until the community fixed it over a period of years).

Therefore, out of the remaining games, my favourite remains FNV: it pretty much surpasses every other option under most aspects of a game.

Last edited:

A horse of course

"I loved Alpha protocol THIS MUCH" shown up as the paper tiger it always was

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
New Vegas for me.
Hookers, gore, meaningful faction choices, open game world, combat XP, distinct ways to build a character. Good shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom