Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Poll: Best Grimoire Title Screen (5 Options)

Which Grimoire title screen is the best?

• Total voters

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Cleve says he is not happy with any of these. Let's see what the Codex group mind has to say on this topic.

Option 1:
l1rJJxf.jpg

Ca. 2000?

Option 2:
grimoire-main-menu2.png

Ca 2007?

Option 3:
Image1.jpg

Ca. 2010?

Option 4:
-LvMQrrJJ6xBzVfLMxjxVrPaO16F7h5Y6tvSuRlcVIBZ5EqRmPRRgXuWGL2cuBoQQezreOJQByazJw9QU0AGLDAH-xp7SVicGupjmyTGTXtEqe8tnGhErckL5-Niq_PVOUvqWN7Q_IOO1EYiVB2eD1M9K_D_Yw=s0-d-e1-ft

Option 5:
tvvgl4jq2mbka1st0zix.jpg

2015 (or maybe it was just for trolling)

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
I still think the 1998 beta was graphically the superior Grimoire, mostly because of its Disney inspired characters, but I also like that title screen more.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
None of them convey the horrible danger of vaccinations or the benefits of taking aspirin daily so I cant vote for any of these.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Overall I think number 1 looks best.
Number 2 looks rather empty, and needs a better font.
Number 3 looks good, but needs better font.
Number 4 is second best; portraits could be better.
Number 5: I hate that artstyle. Could have been worse, though (anime). Is there an official name for that particular style?

Dookins

Educated
Four looks like a representation of mind expanding powers of sodium hydroxide, so I'll go with that.

mondblut

Arcane
A tie between 1 and 3. 2 is empty and soulless, cheap dithering and deviantart vibe on 4 scream "i am a script kiddy's first game, he can't draw and has no money to hire someone who can", and 5 deserves no comments beyond a meaningless string of obscenities. :lol:

Chamezero

5 is the only one which displays an elementary grasp of color theory. R00fles!

Weasel
1 - neanderthalensis (Amud)
2 - sapiens
3 - neanderthalensis (Denisovan hybrid)
4 - erectus
5 - australopithecus

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Overall I think number 1 looks best.
Number 2 looks rather empty, and needs a better font.
Number 3 looks good, but needs better font.
Number 4 is second best; portraits could be better.
Number 5: I hate that artstyle. Could have been worse, though (anime). Is there an official name for that particular style?
Exactly this ^

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
I was going to vote for the shitty new one for the lulz, but was so impressed by number 1 that I gave an honest answer. That must've been made back when Cleve had real passion for this project, before it all turned into a scam.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
None is really good.

THe best one is the first, but it needs work. It should show the whole "book" cover and not only the lower part. Character slots should be removed. If you really need to have the slots, put them on the sides vertically since the book cover would leave space left and right.

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
1 - nice, minimalist and so on
2 - more transparent font, still minimalist and good
3 - the composition is just bad
4 - the most detailed and edgy looking one
5 - qt
Kingcomrade avatar - perfect proportions, wonderful aesthetics, top tier composition and on top of it - it's so transparent and intuitive that I have no choice but vote for it

#1 is very good, although the font color of the menu entries clashes with the background.
#2 has a nice 1990s shareware touch. Unfortunately, the 90s are over.
#3 looks like something designed by a 2013 Kickstarter hipster, so no.
#4 is my favorite. The background looks gorgeous and professional, but all together, the composition has a very charming amateur touch.
#5 looks like something designed by a 2015 Kickstarter hipster, so definitely no.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
they all looks like shit.
option 3 has the best concept but it looks like it was drawn by an infant.

hire an artist to do it. and not someone found on craigslist.

4 is best quality-wise but it's still shit.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I would have voted 1 but I thiink the title text clashes with the background sigil. You either need more contrast or you need to move the sigil or the text so they're not overlapping. Four is the best of the rest, but I generally agree with Cleve in that none of them are really optimal.

That said I don't think 1 or 4 is actually bad, and think they'd be perfectly servicable. It's a very small complaint.

Villagkouras

Arcane
That's like these psychological tests where you choose an image of a person/place it intimidates you the most and based on your selection it describes your character.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom