Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[POLL 1 of 2] Which buttons should we keep?

Vote for the buttons you want to keep

• Total voters

janior

Arcane
Patron
Button: What the fuck does this even mean?
Goldfist: What about this one?
Dislike: Already covered by "Disagree" and "Shit".
FAKE NEWS: Take your Trump memes elsewhere.
TL;DR: Pointless crap. "Informative" already covers it, as it could be understood as sarcasm.
No: Again, pointless. Covered by "Disagree" and "Shit", or "Decline".
Participation Award: More pointless garbage.
When words are not enough: Does "What the fuck am I reading?" ring any bells?
Useful: More pointless garbage.
everything is pointless and yet here we are

illuknisaa

Cipher
I like all buttons but I don't have trump buttons so I wont be sad to see them gone. Only one exception is "build the wall". Trump buttons also look visually similar (they are basically just a yellow blob) so when those are used I have a hard telling what they mean without the text.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Looks like all the latest additions are the ones that will go. And Button. Will we get to know what it meant before it's gone?

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
What button could be renamed, some trump hair added to it, with the "You have to go back." text?

Build the wall is not quite the same as "You have to go back."

Zep--

Prime Junta

And Button. Will we get to know what it meant before it's gone?

I used it for obvious fishing. As in, pushing the Codex's buttons.

Speaking of, I would make use of :triggered: and :bait:. Although TBF :butthurt: is pretty close to :triggered:...

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
It's easier to decide which should be eliminated:

Personally, I liked creative, but it seems hardly ever used and should go.

The agree/disagree/meh buttons are bland, milquetoast responses that have no right to be alongside snappier buttons.

tldr.png
tl;dr is only appropriate for truly long-winded posts, and is abused as a reply to medium-length posts more often than being properly used.

interesting.png
Interesting is too similar to informative, and is therefore superfluous.

rating_mca.gif
wordsarenotenough, balanced, equipthering
thering.png
, deusvult
deusvult.png
, cuck
cuck.png
, sheeple
sheep.png
, slurp
slurp.png
, kingcomrade
kingcomrade.png
, M'lady
fedora.png
, useful, and the button button
button.png
were never needed in the first place.

This would probably be sufficient to reduce the number of buttons to a manageable amount, without needing to endure tougher losses.

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter
I find the butthurt button more often registers the pressee's butthurt rather than the poster's. :philosoraptor:

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Rename the button button
button.png
to "triggered" / "pushing my buttons", then it would have a reason to exist, maybe.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Also rename the Negative button
rating_negativeman.png
to "Despair" or something simiilar, fits more with the use, which is for the rater to express his own emotions (much like the Rage rating
rating_rage.gif
), in this case hopelessness, or shared pain with the poster, not to rate negatively the post itself.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
DarkUnderlord :salute:

But how come your not-for-plebs ratings aren't even displayed for me after you rate me with them? Is that intended?

Edit: Oh. I live in a brofist only world now. Well played. :negative:

Edit2: Actually no. I can rate and see those ratings, but only others' brofists. This is weird.

Last edited:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
DarkUnderlord :salute:

But how come your not-for-plebs ratings aren't even displayed for me after you rate me with them? Is that intended?

Edit: Oh. I live in a brofist only world now. Well played. :negative:

Edit2: Actually no. I can rate and see those ratings, but only others' brofists. This is weird.
I believe it's an issue re the cache.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
So long
fakenews.png
fakenews, you were glorious while you lasted. :salute:

If I'm not mistaken, leaving aside from interesting which was consolidated into informative, out of all removed buttons the one with the most votes is
aliens.png
, which I found rather amusing...pity. :M

On the plus side, we've kept every other button I wanted to keep, and eliminated almost every button I wanted to eliminate. +M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom