Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity PoE II: Deadfire Sales Analysis Thread

Jinn

Arcane
Good god, the newfag edge around here has been reaching critical mass lately.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I've said it before: 2017 was a bad year for the Codex. 2018 is not looking to be an improvement. :negative:

Also, these newfags need to get the hell off of my lawn. :argh:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
If all the devs who make isometric RPGs are shit, I don't care if they all die. If ARPGs have something like Kingdom Come, I'll take it over the shitty isometric RPG. Muh popamole is not an argument.

Plenty of room for success in all genres with smaller teams and lower production values. I'm still waiting for my "indie" Deus Ex and Morrowind. That doesn't mean an "indie" Fallout 2 is off the table. Divinity proves it wouldn't necessarily have a super small audience either, it just needs to accept the new in the right areas and feel like something not just riding the coattails of nostalgia. On a forum like this it seems like 200 page debates about THACO matter a hell of a lot, but at the end of the day it's about the game being fun to play and interesting to read/look at. Pillars failed in those areas due to blandness.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
If all the devs who make isometric RPGs are shit, I don't care if they all die. If ARPGs have something like Kingdom Come, I'll take it over the shitty isometric RPG. Muh popamole is not an argument.

Plenty of room for success in all genres with smaller teams and lower production values. I'm still waiting for my "indie" Deus Ex and Morrowind. That doesn't mean an "indie" Fallout 2 is off the table. Divinity proves it wouldn't necessarily have a super small audience either, it just needs to accept the new in the right areas and feel like something not just riding the coattails of nostalgia. On a forum like this it seems like 200 page debates about THACO matter a hell of a lot, but at the end of the day it's about the game being fun to play and interesting to read/look at. Pillars failed in those areas due to blandness.
I agree with that, it's just that I lose hope quick when the only names making isometric RPGs consistently are Obsidian, Larian and inXile. Inxile are scammers, Obsidian can't make good games since all their talent left and Larian disappointed me with DOS2.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I've said it before: 2017 was a bad year for the Codex. 2018 is not looking to be an improvement. :negative:

Also, these newfags need to get the hell off of my lawn. :argh:
I came 2017 :martini:,so there is at least something good.

I must admit that there is a few really bad ones from anno domini 2018,hope they get bored and leave. Strange Fellow could be a decent addition,not very grognard taste but still a decent chap to argue with.

Flou

Arbiter
Deadfire is on sale for -20% on both GOG and Steam. Which naturally makes the game sell more units.

Deadfire and season pass are on 1st page on Steam top sellers, Beast of Winter on page 2, narrowly missing out page 1.
On GOG Deadfire has spots #1, #3, #5 and #6. With the Definitive edition leading the charge at #1.

Season pass is now on page 43.
Beasts of Winter jumped on to page 41 (Beating Banner Saga 3 immediately)
Definitive Edition is on page page 37
Deadfire on 31.

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Holy shit it's almost like standard procedure now is that you sell a ton more units at even a modest discount, greatly increasing revenue. What if the games makes a profit what will my fragile brain dooooooooo

Flou

Arbiter
Season pass is now on page 43.
Beasts of Winter jumped on to page 41 (Beating Banner Saga 3 immediately)
Obsidian Edition is on page page 37
Deadfire on 31.

Still selling quite well, or well the Obsidian Edition is ;)

Deadfire itself is stuck on page 31 (almost up to page 30 though)
Obsidian Edition has jumped on to page 34 (with this pace it will pass BattleTech soon)
Beast of Winter is on page 36.
Season pass got stuck at page 41 after the initial climb.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
is that good or bad?
I think pretty good. An experimental old-school(ish) cRPG can't hope for more IMO. Sure, Divinity OS reached a million, but that game is closer to the mainstream than these titles. Pillars 1, another oldschool cRPG reaching 1million rode the nostalgia train, but all other cRPGs perform much worse. So 600K is very good.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
even at the really steep discounts recently that's pretty good and a sign of massive legs

Jezal_k23

Although PoE II was not a huge hit, as everyone else said, it could still be a steady seller for a few years down the line.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
LoL lets just say that Deadfire sold 40 millions rounded and Tyranny sold like 65 millions rounded. Why beat around the bush,when you go delusional go full one!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom