Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Please help in identifying a strategy game

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
- I saw some footage with some gameplay from a thread that I don't remember anymore (it was brought up by someone)
- the game is real time strategy
- is realtive new or is still in production
- the game appeared to be 2D (fixed camera)
- there was a desert like map
- buildings appeared to connect to a main hub (or had predefined locations) and were relatively big and detailed
- infantry units were depicted as bundled up in groups
- game is not made by a big developer

tindrli

Arcane
btw beside this game, does anyone know whats a name of that game. i cant remember it.... was a telltale style game i saw a part of trailer with two guys and some alien story, they had a conversation and in a cave or something beside some doors space suits on that's all i can remember

whatevername

Arcane
- I saw some footage with some gameplay from a thread that I don't remember anymore (it was brought up by someone)
- buildings appeared to connect to a main hub (or had predefined locations) and were relatively big and detailed
Dune 2 obviously

btw beside this game, does anyone know whats a name of that game. i cant remember it.... was a telltale style game i saw a part of trailer with two guys and some alien story, they had a conversation and in a cave or something beside some doors space suits on that's all i can remember
That's Star Citizen, but it was released so long ago, nobody is playing it because it's too old.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Searching for two older games.

One is some kind of management sim? I think you were some kind of lighting mage, steampunk maybe? I remember machines from Leonardo da Vinci. I was very young and didn't understand what I was doing.

The second was the same case. This was some kind of fantasy kingdom strategy game. Where your city was attacked and you had to place traps all over the place. Monsters. You could hire heroes. Kinda Ultima look to it, I think.

There are very old games, so nothing after 2000.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
One is some kind of management sim? I think you were some kind of lighting mage, steampunk maybe? I remember machines from Leonardo da Vinci. I was very young and didn't understand what I was doing.
Strom master is a management sim with machines from Leonardo da Vinci.
160653-storm-master-dos-screenshot-airship-design-the-drawing-board.png
8277-storm-master-dos-screenshot-council-time-to-be-wicked.gif

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The second was the same case. This was some kind of fantasy kingdom strategy game. Where your city was attacked and you had to place traps all over the place. Monsters. You could hire heroes. Kinda Ultima look to it, I think.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Storm Master and Dominus! Thanks guys.

EDIT: The Horde also. Played both and remembered them as one game.

Johannes

Arcane
Dune 2 obviously
Relative new + not by a big dev -> it's BATTLE OF THE SANDS

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom