Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [Play-by-Post] Magic World/BRP: "In Search of the Sorcerer"

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I want to taunt the rider before sliding under the gate. Do I do like a fast talk roll to see if he takes the bait?

nikolokolus

Arcane
I want to taunt the rider before sliding under the gate. Do I do like a fast talk roll to see if he takes the bait?
Go for it. Plus I thought C(K)elts had a built-in taunt that doesn't require any talking whatsoever?

mooning.jpeg

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Marcán unearths his best impression of his uncle. "Hey you ugly backsniffing piece of crock piss! That's right I'm talking to you, the one riding on the warts of my nan's fanny! I bet you wouldn't be able to bright side of a barn, let alone my fat arse! I bet that mongrel you call a mount is to compensate for the fact that your grimy, ugly, thing you call a dick fell off while you were shitting in the forest! As a matter of fact, I don't think you have a dick! Clearly you don't have any balls because you won't fucking come down here, and let me shove my sword up your moldy, rotten, face!"

He then proceeds to high tail it the fuck under the gate, doing an unnecessary slide.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Wyvern attempts to resist Agony (10%) roll [1d100] = 29
The wyvern goes screams in agony and starts to convulse and thrash mid-air just as it clears the courtyard and begins a sweeping left hand turn out over the gorge.
Pigrag's ride check to avoid being unseated and pitched into the canyon (55%) roll [1d100] = 15% the hobgoblin stays in the saddle but has lost control of the convulsing beast under him. He shakes his fist at Marcán as the wyvern erratically flutters into the yawning chasm, "Pigrag does too have cock and two balls. I will find you, filthy man-who-clearly-fornicates-with-goats-and-whose-offspring-are-riddled-with-lice-and-pustulating-sores!"

nikolokolus

Arcane
Combat ends . . . save for the cowering goblin in the courtyard.

Also, a thin weasely voice pierces the din of the crackling flames through the belching smoke from the direction of the northern tower, shrouded in dense fog, "Ratgut? Dweezle? Ollie? How's it goin' down there? I heard a lot of screaming. Guys? Hey guys. Did we win? I can't see a fookin' thing up here. Guys?"

nikolokolus

Arcane
Amon attempts to disguise his voice. "It's Ratgut. Yep, we won! But, there is a big fire that is coming your way. Flee and get away as fast as you can with your life! Tell everyone you see to run!"

[1d100] Fast Talk = 1 = Critical!
There's a long pause. The gerblin who surrendered earlier has a confused look on his face as he looks at Amon . . . Apparently Amon's impression of Ratgut was so spot on, that even his cohorts can't tell the difference.

"Oh? Well, shit I'm outta here. Save yerself Ratgut, I'll unlock the trapdoor, come on up and we'll slide down this rope."

The goblin who surrendered looks left and right and runs for the north tower door. "I'm coming too!" he screeches.

The spindly-armed creature scrambles across the courtyard through the thick smoke that is swirling around, he's thrown down his spear and abandoned any sense caution or defense. The ogre continues to crank the portcullis up for another 20 seconds or so and the southern gate is now fully open.

Solon whinges, "I suggest we get out of here as soon as possible. No doubt the men and other . . . things of Dreg have noticed the smoke."

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Rhenmyr hops over the parapet and slides down the earthen ramp. "Yes. Let's move on."

nikolokolus

Arcane
The troupe hurries quickly out of the way station and discovers a steep switch-backed road hugging the canyon walls that crawls down to a small dingy looking town built on the banks of a broad channel about 1,000 feet below and about a mile downstream, at the throat of the lake that empties into this gorge. There is an island about a half-mile away from Dreg in the middle of the channel that stands out of the water something like a whale back -- humped and steep-sided, but broad and relatively flat on top. there is a clearly visible stone keep built on top of the island, dark and brooding in the hazy mist that hangs cloyingly to the sides of the fir-covered gorge walls.

Almost to a man each of you spots a knot of about a dozen or perhaps a score of men trudging up the trail. From this distance it's difficult to say if they are armed or not, but they definitely appear to be coming toward you and will likely pass you on the trail in about ten minutes at their current rate of travel. There are ample fir trees lining the steep walls of the canyon, large boulders, and lots of scrubby brush, etc. that could provide cover or a hiding place.

Aside from that you also spot the wyvern thrashing around in the water and a smaller figure that is probably Pigrag, struggling to stay afloat next to it in the river almost directly below you. Presumably, if they don't drown they will pass Dreg and the island in about 10 minutes, given the rate of flow of the river here.

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Is Pigrag within bowshot?

"Can you send send our Ogre friend to attack the people below bellowing about Pigrag being lord now or somesuch?"

nikolokolus

Arcane
It's a 300 meter shot, so up to double range it's half skill with a longbow. Each round is 12 seconds so you can reasonably get off 5 shots before he has floated out of range. Alternatively, you can take careful aim and reduce the number of shots you take: add ten percent of your skill for each shot you forgo. So halve your skill, then add 8%, for each shot that you forgo (up to 4); e.g. If you decided to take just one shot with careful aim the formula would (79%/2)=40% + (8% +8% +8% +8%) = 72% or you could take two carefully aimed shots and one regular shot, etc. Your choice.

Undoubtedly the men coming up the trail will have a chance to spot your arrows sailing through the air.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Hey Wayward Son do you want me to NPC your character for now? If you want to rejoin later that's an option. At the rate we're going it might be another month or so until we start a new campaign.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Hey Wayward Son do you want me to NPC your character for now? If you want to rejoin later that's an option. At the rate we're going it might be another month or so until we start a new campaign.
If you wouldn't mind. I've been off and on really busy what with graduation being in a couple months and when I'm not busy, I completely forget about many things since I want to just shut my brain off.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"We should get out of their sight while we can." Borric moves towards the nearest cover.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Anyone who is trying to hide in the rocks and brush off of the road, needs a Hide Roll, vs the approaching group's Search Roll (which is halved because you have partial cover). Opposed skill roll: highest degree of success wins. In cases with same level of success, the higher roll (that is not a failure) wins.
Average search roll, halved (15%) roll [1d100] = 87%
I.e. don't fumble and you're probably good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom