Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [Play-by-Post] Magic World/BRP: "In Search of the Sorcerer"

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Borric considers heading into the remaining crossbow tower.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Borric considers heading into the remaining crossbow tower.
so he's holding steady in the courtyard?
I want to deal with with the remaining crossbow greblin, but I wanted to know how visibility is before I tackle that.
The one to the right is engaged with Rhenmyr who climbed up the ladder, the other is completely obscured under a dense, swirling cloud that Solon dropped on top of the Barbican. You can't see him, and he can't see you, so he is effectively nullified right now. One ogre (under Urash's control) is choking the other ogre to death, and seconds ago an ear splitting scream overhead revealed a bat-winged creature a couple of hundred feet overhead, with what looks like a figure riding its back. The way it's circling overhead in figure-8 pattern makes you uncertain what it intends to do.

nikolokolus

Arcane
FYI Wayward Son Mab still has an action leftover from the previous round. You can take it now, of I'll roll for him and have him make an attack against the greenskin

nikolokolus

Arcane
Refresher:
ROUND 5 (Dex Ranks)
Rhenmyr
Borric
Amon
Wyvern & rider

Mab
Urash
Marcán
Ogre

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
Any chance I can finish off the grappled Ogre?
Sure. Helpless targets are +50% to be hit and cannot parry or dodge (It's not an automatic hit, because there's still a fair amount of struggling going on, but you're chance to critical or get a 'special' goes up a decent amount).

nikolokolus

Arcane
Anybody? I'll take actions for those who still have actions and don't post in the next 12 hours.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Marcán sticks the point of his falcata in the struggling ogre and speeds him on to whatever fate lies beyond a life in Otherworld. A bright line of blue fluid erupts from the wound; he gasps and the lights go out of his eyes.

The dominated Ogre, under Urash's command, continues to choke the dead ogre, oblivious to its demise.

L'ennui

Magister
Urash rushes to the safety of the tower Rhenmyr is fighting atop of.

Was that the gate we came from, or the one we were trying to get towards before this whole situation?

nikolokolus

Arcane
Urash rushes to the safety of the tower Rhenmyr is fighting atop of.

Was that the gate we came from, or the one we were trying to get towards before this whole situation?
I believe it is the one we need to pass through to get out.
Indeed. the gate-tower to the right (south) is the one that leads down canyon to the town of Dreg. The one currently obscured under Solon's dense magical cloud is the one you came through. L'ennui do you want to give your dominated ogre any other instructions? It will continue to "kill" until told do otherwise.
Meanwhile, Mab drops a polished slingstone into his sling and starts whipping it around his head trying to arc it up toward the archer mounted on the wyvern, taking 10 Dex ranks to carefully line up his shot and mitigate some of the difficulty in hitting
Mab's Sling vs. wyvern rider (61%-20%+12%=52%) roll[1d100] = 52%, damage [1d8] = 1
Miraculously the slingstone arcs high into the air and *pings* against the mounted archer's armor before falling back to earth and clattering against the cobblestones in the square.

The goblin on the barbican, pulls out a vicious looking saw-bladed short sword and prepares itself for Rhenmyr's advance.

Round 6:
Rhenmyr
Borric
Amon
Wyvern & Rider

Goblin
Mab
Urash
Marcán

Amon completes his incantation (he can take another action FYI) and although he said all of the damn words correctly the creature seems to shrug off your sorcery.

Solon and Urash take shelter in tower and can hear scuffling on the roof. Rhenmyr is on the roof of the tower and everyone else is arrayed mostly around the busted tower entrance or a few dozen steps from the fully engulfed tavern. The wyvern and its rider starts a long sweeping turn out over the canyon, diving and gathering speed. The rider has apparently stashed his bow and has a long lance held in two hands that he is leveling over the shoulder of the diving beast. It's difficult to guage just who he is diving for at this point.

Last edited:
Amon is going to move towards the tower.

Can you post the dropbox links again for character sheets? I don't see the link and my dropbox doesn't have it.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Amon is going to move towards the tower.

Can you post the dropbox links again for character sheets? I don't see the link and my dropbox doesn't have it.
To keep things simple, I kept this game's character sheets in Google Drive. I had to re-share a couple of them where I was the owner and not the editor (for some reason), but it should be in your shared items.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Borric looks for the nearest big stone he can chuck at the advancing wyvern.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom