Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [Play-by-Post] Magic World/BRP: "In Search of the Sorcerer"

nikolokolus

Arcane
Marcán takes a swipe at a goblin adjacent to Amon's target.

Sword (89) vs [1d100] = 99

Nope.
roll a D100 on the fumble table, or you can take a "standard fumble," which means your weapon flies from your hand and will take a round to recover (or you can draw a new weapon).

nikolokolus

Arcane
I'm officially in the field from now until next Friday night. I'll have internet access at night (probably), so it might take a bit for me to respond to posts.

Sláinte.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Most of my days so far have been about 12 to 13 hours and now I'm chilling in a Holiday Inn just outside Baton Rouge tonight, so I've got wi-fi, but the next couple of days are pretty iffy. I'll get back on this when I get go home on Friday . . . which means It'll be more like Saturday.

TTYL

nikolokolus

Arcane
Remaining actors in round 3:
Mab
Green-skinned thingies
Solon
Ogrish brutes

Mab begins casting a spell (Agony) on one of the Ogres, Solon likewise starts an incantation (both will take effect on the start of their turn in the next round (like Urash's spell) if they aren't wounded.
Mab's Agony casting roll [1d100] = 23% vs. Casting Skill 66%

The two green-skinned, spindly spearmen swarm around Borric, taking jabs at him with their spears, but they both miss.
greenskin spearmen: 1st (45%) [1d100] = 67%, dmg [1d8+1] = 8+1 = 9 2nd (45%) [1d100] = 64%, dmg [1d8+1] = 7+1 = 8

The ogre closest to Rhenmyr lumbers across the yard and swings his colossal tree branch at him, and he also misses. The large tree branch smashes into the tower and knocks splinters of rock into the air.
1st Ogre vs. Rhenmyr: club (65%) [1d100] = 85%, dmg [1d8] = 3 plus [2d6] = 4

The last ogre charges ahead at Marcan who is scrambling after being disarmed and also misses.
2nd Ogre vs. Marcan: club (65%) [1d100] = 87, dmg [1d8] = 8 plus [2d6] = 7

Start of Round 4
Rhenmyr
Borric
Amon
Mab

Green-skinned men
Marcan
Solon
Ogrish brutes

Urash, Solon, and Mab's spells will all take effect. If there is a resistance roll for your spell roll 1d100 and tell me what it is (POW v. POW, POW v. CON, MP v. MP, etc.) I'll let you know if it succeeds or fails. Otherwise Rhenmyr acts first after all spells take effect.

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
Mab's POW vs. POW [1d100] = 37% vs. 85% chance.
One of the large purple-skinned brutes (the one nearest to Rhenmyr) doubles over in pain, clutching its head.

Simultaneously, a mass of dirt, dust, rock, and debris starts to swirl in a vortex next to the base of the tower closest to Rhenmyr and Borric (the south tower) when the maelstrom ceases there is a mound of dirt forming a very crude ramp up the side of the wall, terminating about 6 feet below the lip of the barbican. A solid jump, or a boost could probably get somebody on top of the tower if they ran up the sloping mound.

Meanwhile, a gout of flame erupts behind you from Harridwn's tavern. the interior is completely engulfed in flames and thick, black smoke rises high into the air.

Amon's old injury rears its ugly head, at the worst time possible, with his shoulder once again dislocating.

[1d100] = 44

Normally we slaughter everything in 1-2 rounds.

44-46 Arm cut, dislocated shoulder - You can use a weapon or use a shield (but not both) for the rest of the fight. Ignore this fumble if you parry with a shield.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Marcan's lost sword [1d4] = 1m, in [1d8] = 2 direction (1=N)
Marcan's sword is only about 1 meter away in front and to the right. Unfortunately this is very close to the ogrish brute who is almost standing on top of it. If you want to pick up your falcata you'll have to make a Dodge roll to get past the ogre, and an Agility roll to snatch up your sword from the ground. In any case, even if you simply drew another weapon, you can't attack or parry this round because you are off-balance and out of position because of the fumble rolls.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
Oh, I hit?
Borric's skill is 94%
Rules refresher: roll equal or under your skill is a success, 95%+ is an automatic failure, 99-00 is a fumble (unless your skill is 101+ then 00 is a fumble, but automatic failure is still 95%+)

greenskin failed his dodge, and his armor roll was shit.

EDIT: I'm crossing the streams. the 95%+ automatic failure rule is from another closely related game called Renaissance

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
What kind of Jump roll would be needed. At six feet from the top, I'd think Rhenmyr would be able to reach up an pull himself over.

nikolokolus

Arcane
What kind of Jump roll would be needed. At six feet from the top, I'd think Rhenmyr would be able to reach up an pull himself over.
Just a normal success. It's not a perfect platform to jump from -- down-sloped, not entirely stable, etc.

nikolokolus

Arcane
[1d100] = 47 for the resisted spell, sorry for the delay.
How many Magic Points did you have when you started casting the spell? 14 or 11? If it's the former the spell succeeds, if it's the latter then it doesn't.

If you succeeded, then you can compel the ogre to do just about anything. And the domination will last for at least 1d8 hours, unless you or an ally attacks him.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom