Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [Play-by-Post] Magic World/BRP: "In Search of the Sorcerer"

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Can I try another climb roll as well?

nikolokolus

Arcane
Can I try another climb roll as well?
you can certainly do that as an action, but unfortunately it will happen after the next thing that is about to happen . . .

Everyone who is still in the water needs to make a Luck Roll. Lower is better . . .

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
Marcán and Man slip off of the slimy roots of the Cypress and fall backward into the putrid swamp water with a loud *plop*

Just after he resurfaces, Marcán feels something slam into his leg with a lot of force and mass
Giant "eel" grapples Marcán (90) vs [1d100] = 13 special success

Siveon make an opposed wrestle, brawl or Dodge. You need a special success to avoid being pulled down into the dark water.

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
Not dead . . . yet, but bonus points for rolling a Fumble! ;) give yourself an experience checkmark on Dodge

Everyone looks down at the roiling water where Marcán was standing but a second ago. An arm here. A foot there peeks out from a knot of gray-green-white eel flesh before disappearing in a flash under the water.

Marcán takes 4 points of damage from being crushed and is held fast under the water. (Siveon make a CONx6 roll, to see if you start drowning).

nikolokolus

Arcane
Start Round 1

Order
Rhenmyr
Giant "eel"
Borric
Amon
Mab
Urash
Marcán

Each round Marcán can attempt a STR vs. STR roll to break free as his action, or he can make a Wrestle or Brawl attack to either break free or injure the creature holding him down. FYI Siveon if you have armor roll for damage reduction.

Attacking the Giant eel from the hummock will require weapons with length or missile fire, but will halve weapons skills (because it's so murky and you can't see anything clearly). Any miss from there will have to be re-rolled to see if you accidentally hit Marcán.

Because of the murky conditions the only way to attack the creature without risking hitting Marcán is to dive into the water and attempt to Wrestle or use Brawl. You can only use thrusting weapons like spears, knives, swords at half skill.

nikolokolus

Arcane

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Borric will ready his stabbing boot and kick at the eel.

nikolokolus I'm travelling, so feel free to roll accordingly. I might not have full access to the net for another day or two.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Borric dives headlong into the water and attempts to grab hold of the massive, eel-like creature

Borric's Wrestle attempt vs. the eel (80) [1d100] = 5
eel's attempt to dodge (45) [1d100] = 60 Failed!
A special success!

Borric's Strength vs Strength vs the eel (55%) [1d10] = 6
Borric's Wrestle Damage [1d6] = 6,[1d4] = 1

Borric disappears into the roiling water and nearly instantly finds the head of the beast and grabs hold of its jaws with his meaty hands and starts to force them apart, creating a great popping and snapping noises and a piercing screech.

ERYFKRAD because Borric passed his STR vs STR roll and he got a special on his wrestle, you have basically immobilized the creature until you attempt another action. To keep inflicting damage on the creature each round you'll have to pass a wrestle roll each round (vs. the creature's wrestle roll) and you'll continue to inflict 1d6+1d4 damage on the thing. The only caveat is that you are both underwater and you'll have to continue to hold your breath, starting with a CONx10 roll, followed by CONx9, CONx8, etc. -- basically, you are in no danger of drowning because of your high CON for about 5 rounds unless you roll a fumble (99 or 100)

Mab also dives into the water, and grabs a hold of it's body
eel's second attempt to dodge (45-30=15) [1d100] = 32 Failed!
(Wayward Son decide if you want to immobilize the target, inflict damage on it next round, hold it fast, knock it out, or strangle it. see page 47 of Magic World for details). If you decide to hold on next round, you'll need to start making CON rolls (the same as Borric above).

a dozen seconds or so after Marcan was pulled under, he pops up to the surface of the water gasping for air, as the eel's tail releases him and lashes the air wildly. The muddy water continues to roil and boil as the eel dives under the surface of the shallow water with its two new appendages, Borric and Mab, clinging to it with a death grip.

L'ennui does Urash attempt to do anything this round? If not, then round two will commence after Wayward son tells me what Mab wants to do with his successful wrestle attempt.

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
Anyway I can maneuver the creature so Wayward Son and I can ease up on breathing?
On your turn in the next round, you'll need to make a STRx3 Effort roll to lift the thing high enough out of the water to gasp for breath (so three rolls: STRx3, Wrestle (80), and damage (1d6+1d4)).

For what it's worth, the odds of failing your CONx10 roll next round is only 1 in 50 (a fumble). If you fail your STRx3 Effort roll then you'll need to make that CONx10 roll.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Urash is distracted by some fireflies hovering near by ;)

ROUND 2
Amon (INT rank 19 for spells) Agony takes effect.
Rhenmyr
Giant Eel
Borric
Mab
Urash
Marcán

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Anyway I can maneuver the creature so Wayward Son and I can ease up on breathing?
On your turn in the next round, you'll need to make a STRx3 Effort roll to lift the thing high enough out of the water to gasp for breath (so three rolls: STRx3, Wrestle (80), and damage (1d6+1d4)).

For what it's worth, the odds of failing your CONx10 roll next round is only 1 in 50 (a fumble). If you fail your STRx3 Effort roll then you'll need to make that CONx10 roll.

Strx3 Effort check
Strx3 roll [1d100] = 8
Wrestling:
Rasslin' [1d100] = 57
Damage:
Damage [1d6] = 5 [1d4] = 3

Not bad. :M

L'ennui

Magister
D'oh! Sorry, got swamped with stuff. Get it? Swamped. Sorry.

Urash is trying to peer into the waters when he recoils as a veil of bright lights materializes before him. "What mad sorcery is this!?"

After a moment, the Acadian comes to his senses and sees that the bright lights are simple fireflies, attracted by the commotion. He hopes no one noticed his reaction.

Focusing again on the water, Urash will wait to see what Amon's spell does and how the combatants in the water fare against the creature.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom