Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [Play-by-Post] Magic World/BRP: "In Search of the Sorcerer"

nikolokolus

Arcane
Urash calls out in his clear, Acadian-inflected common tongue imploring the inhabitant(s) of the hut to reveal themselves. He finishes his speech (Make an Oratory roll L'ennui )

nikolokolus

Arcane
I forgot to mention a couple of things, Ker also had few other noteworthy items in his inventory that I didn't have at hand when posted:
  • A Seeker's silver mask of office
  • 2 runestones of truth
  • Flask of Golden Mead: Increases INT by 1D3 points for 1D3 days (Increased Idea roll, and INT-based skill category bonus, max prepared spells, etc.
  • Vial of foul black liquid taken from the pool of Blaidd Mawr
  • Lantern and oil
  • Belt with a hidden compartment sewn into the leather
  • 5 gold Drakes (500 bronze)
  • 80 silver Owls (400 bronze)

nikolokolus

Arcane
Mab searches the ground around the pool very carefully for any signs of some hidden entrance.
Mab's search roll [1d100] = 9 vs. 25
You are almost certain that you can rule out some mundane secret entrance
There are other means of detecting magical phenomena, such as illusions, magical gates, portals and so forth . . .

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Rhenmyr finishes his inventory. "I make no claim beyond the shield, but Ker had a number of useful items." Looking towards the hut he asks, "What are milling about for?"

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"I could put runestones and his lantern to good use. I wouldn't mind being the 'lightbringer' now and onward. I could keep the stones inside the belt, actually..."

I'm gonna forever mark it in my inventory as 'Ker's Lantern'. :salute:

nikolokolus

Arcane
Bear in mind the hut is on two very stout stilts in the middle of a 40-50' wide pool in the marsh. You are about 30' from the edge of the hut and the floor of the hut is at least 10' above the water's surface.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
"Bloody Hell! Could we maybe have Maru-Enlil go up and look down the chimney while under the effects of Bird Vision?"

L'ennui

Magister
"'Our little comrade would be up to the task, no doubt. Alas, I am not... my head spins even at the mere idea of such an effort. I am sure to collapse, and I would rather not have to be carried away from this place! Can you see through the bird's eyes?"

Urash calls the rook to his hand, and holds it up toward Mab.

"Easy, now, Maru, this is your old friend Mab, he means no harm."

Wayward Son

"Of course a Drune is up to the task. 'Twas a part of my training after all, my friend."
Mab casts Bird Vision on the rook.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Mab's vision shifts to that of the crow and has the unsettling sensation of seeing "himself" through the eyes of the bird, before the thing turns its head to regard its master Urash.

At Urash and Mab's urging it takes wing and flies toward the chimney in the center of the conical, thatched roof, whence the curling smoke rises skyward. The bird dives into the hole and perches on a rafter and scans the inside of the hut. To Mab's astonishment the interior is much larger than he would have guessed -- a well appointed circular room with several curtains and partitions hide various nooks and crannies, but the central chamber is easily 40' wide and perhaps 15' tall. There is a central firepit perched on a stony plinth and a large cauldron bubbles full of some mysterious liquid, racks of dried herbs and shelves full of papyri and weatherd tomes lay some 20' from the fire and there is a very large crow that peers at Maru quizically from a birdcage across the room. Strangest of all, there is a large empty rocking chair next to the cauldron that rocks gently back and forth.

The cozy (but spacious) hut looks otherwise abandoned.

I'm not sure what Mab's existing MP total was, make sure that the spell doesn't drop you to zero. Otherwise everyone is about 2 hours from getting their first "pulse" of Magic Points (1/4 every six hours).

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
Mab relays his findings to Urash and Borric. The rest of the party waits pensively at the edge of the marsh, wondering what their companions could be up to.

Wayward Son

After Mab finishes telling them the details, he asks, "Do you two have any idea of this place?"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom