Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [Play-by-Post] Magic World/BRP: "In Search of the Sorcerer"

nikolokolus

Arcane
Watch order:
Cormac is fast asleep and unless his companions wish to douse him with a bucket of cold swamp water, he will sleep the whole night.

Borric takes the first watch, followed by Mab, then Marcán, Urash and lastly Rhenmyr.

As the sun sets over the blackened woods, a deep chilling fog surrounds the group. Visibility is reduced to a dozen meters or so and the ruddy orange embers of Mab's fungal fire seem dim and reduced. Borric takes his watch without incident, as does Mab, Marcán, Urash and finally Rhenmyr. The sun lightens the sky to dull steel gray and the fog starts to recede from the dismal woods. When you rouse yourselves and try to wake yourselves each of you feels as if you haven't slept a wink.

everyone needs to make 3 POW vs POW rolls, except Cormac who needs to make 4 vs. POW 16 -- a refresher: You have a 50% chance to resist +/- 5% for every point your POW is above or below POW 16. (e.g. if you have a POW of 12, then you need to roll under 30%, if your POW is 20 then you need to roll under 70%)

nikolokolus

Arcane
Each of you feels drained, almost as if you have had your life-force sapped from you.

Mab is drained of 8 Magic Points (and no magic points previously consumbed are restored from rest)
Rhenmyr is drained of 3 Magic Points
Marcán is drained of 6 Magic Points
Borric is drained of 6 MP
Cormac sleeps hard through the night and seems the least rested of all, he is drained of 12 MP
Lastly, Urash has 11 MP drained.

If your chance of success was 45% or less and you passed a resistance roll, check the box next to your POW characteristic. When I call for experience rolls (soon) you will have a 21% to raise your score by 1! -- Siveon and Grimgravy

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
Urash looks like he's on the verge of collapsing from exhaustion and his eyelids droop heavily (1 MP left!)
(FYI, I updated everybody's sheet with your current MP loss checked off, if you didn't already do it.)

When you check on the horses you come to the shocking realization that although they are all still standing up as you left them tethered to a picket, four of them are stone dead; they look shrunken and desiccated somehow.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Everybody make Luck Rolls, whoever gets the three best rolls still has a live horse. (There were 7 because of Ker)

nikolokolus

Arcane
Three horses rouse to wakefulness when you prod at them: Mab, Cormac, and Rhenmyr's. Unfortunately for Marcán, Borric and Urash they are now reduced to travelling on foot.

The unearthly stillness and unsettling quietude persist in the pre-dawn gloom. Fortunately the heavy mist that settled in around you last night has started to dissipate.

L'ennui

Magister
"It is as if a heavy veil has clouded my spirits... this clime is no friend of mine. I for one vote that we make away swiftly. Indeed, as soon as can be done after Ker's funeral pyre is lit, if we can even manage that." moans Urash, leaning drowsily on his staff.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"I only hope we are not dawdling in our efforts to rescue the Pictswoman."

"With everything we have faced, how could anyone survive? Even if you were one of those beasts that lives here. They surely would have been eaten by now."

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
"Aye. I dunnae disagree with ye Cormac, but we did promise to find her. We told Borric we would."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom