Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [Play-by-Post] Magic World/BRP: "In Search of the Sorcerer"

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
47 vs 36 Physik.
"It seems to be a liquid of some sort. I have a very specific set of skills. And this isn't one."

Cormac stand up and places the skull back on the pile. He then searches for a skull that appears to be a bit more recent. "This person died so long ago, that I don't believe the lizard like creature that killed him is a threat."

: [1d100] search = 39vs 23

Cormac searches about. "Everything looks about the same. Dead for ages."

nikolokolus

Arcane
Borric touches the "liquid" and discovers two things: it's not a liquid, it's hard as a rock. It's also warm to the touch. When you smell it, it has the unmistable tang of iron, as blood has.

nikolokolus

Arcane
You don't have to just use Physik. 'Nature' is appropiate as is 'Potions'

nikolokolus

Arcane
While Cormac is sifting through old skulls, it becomes readily apparent that this ossuary was not made for revering the dead, but for displaying them like trophies.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Rhenmyr holds his torch overhead and carefully inspects the ground. There aren't any footprints on the hard, stone floor, but you see specks of blood. You reach down and touch them and discover that they are still wet and very fresh; no more than a day old. Several more drops are evident in a line leading into the tunnel.

You stride forward a few paces and gaze down the tunnel under the apse, hold yourself very still and listen intently for several minutes. The chamber is completely silent, save for a light breeze that whistles faintly. However your patience eventually pays off. A sound catches your attention -- something almost at the edge of perception. A faint reverberant *tock* echoes up the tunnel, like a stone striking against stone from a great distance.

L'ennui

Magister
Urash walks down the stairs among the walls and comes up to Rhenmyr's side.

He waits until Rhenmyr is no longer visibly concentrating, and asks: "Anything interesting, friend?"

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Rhenmyr quietly replies, "There is a fresh blood trail leading into the tunnel. It's just drops, but it is there. And I heard something from that direction. Stone striking stone? It sounded very find off. I hazard yonder lies danger and anything of interest."

Idea(65): [1d100] = 27

nikolokolus

Arcane
Rhenmyr and Cormac are scratching their heads trying to figure out what the hell is going on and they both look at each other with a dawning realization and speak simultaneously as if reading each other's minds, "Blood of the dragon?"

They turn their heads toward the apse and the spilled decanter certain that the "fluid," that is still preternaturally warm to the touch, and possesses mineral hardness, is definitely blood. Is it the blood you wonder, and if it is, why is it spilled?

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Rhenmyr takes a closer look at the decanter and solid blood. He wonders aloud, "How could this fit with the vision I had in the wolf's lair?"

Does the decanter resemble what the green man was carrying in the vision?

nikolokolus

Arcane
Rhenmyr takes a closer look at the decanter and solid blood. He wonders aloud, "How could this fit with the vision I had in the wolf's lair?"

Does the decanter resemble what the green man was carrying in the vision?
Not exactly, but that's the funny thing about dreams and visions.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Rhenmyr pokes the 'blood' with his knife to see if it is attached to the marble while responding to Mab. "We are in the north because Koren Ghul sent us to retrieve some dragon's blood before an possibly evil wizard could get a hold of it and cause untold destruction or some other unpleasantness. This might be it. Or a part of it."

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"Can any of you trace magic in here? That might tell us if any wizard has been this way. I'm for following the blood trail, at any rate."

Would I be able to use necrology on this mound of blood? The spell says bone and flesh, but it sounds like there is a lot of blood. I also know if the creature it came from isn't dead, it wouldn't work.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Would I be able to use necrology on this mound of blood? The spell says bone and flesh, but it sounds like there is a lot of blood. I also know if the creature it came from isn't dead, it wouldn't work.
You won't know unless you try. Just remember to keep track of Magic Points, You're down 4 from the other casting.

You won't know unless you try. Just remember to keep track of Magic Points, You're down 4 from the other casting.

Did you mark any off on my sheet from when I just used Necrology? If not I'll check off 8 total for the necrology spell I am about to cast.

Cormac approaches the blood. He studies it carefully, checking the color, consistency and appearance. He traces it back from one end of the spill to the other. He then places his hand on the blood and begins the process to discern how or if the creature this came from died.

Necrology:[1d100] = 20 vs 138

nikolokolus

Arcane

Did you mark any off on my sheet from when I just used Necrology? If not I'll check off 8 total for the necrology spell I am about to cast.

Cormac approaches the blood. He studies it carefully, checking the color, consistency and appearance. He traces it back from one end of the spill to the other. He then places his hand on the blood and begins the process to discern how or if the creature this came from died.

Necrology:[1d100] = 20 vs 138
Refresh my memory, what are you rolling for? Are you making "easy" casting rolls? For simplicity's sake in the PbP game, you don't need to need to make a casting roll when you're not under duress.

Also, no I haven't touched your sheet. I leave all of that book keeping up to you guys; that's too much for me to manage (I do get notifications when the files are modified by InSync)
Cormac's vision begins to swim. You see a massive ball of fire engulf your vision, when it clears you look around and see the earth below from a great height, it is rushing up to meet you as you tumble through the cloudless sky. A figure armored in strange baroque plate armor (the likes of which you've never seen) sails past you (was it mounted on your back?) hurtling to the ground thousands of feet below. You look left and right and see massive bat-like wings futily flapping against the rushing wind; the thin membranous skin is torn and burned, which explains your very rapid descent. You glance down once more and the trees are now close enough to be identified singly. A few seconds later everything goes black as "you" impact the ground at a sickening velocity.

I updated my sheet. I forgot we were not rolling the easy spells.

Cormac reels back from the blood, shaken by his horrible vision. "I saw, the beast. It is in fact dead. It was being ridden by something wearing armor like I've never seen before. Something happened and it fell to it's death. I am going to rest for a bit." Cormac looks for a place to sit.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"So we need a way to transport this stuff." Rhenmyr looks into getting the blood back into the decanter.

nikolokolus

Arcane
The "blood," such as it is, is welded fast to the stone of the pedestal -- hard and smooth as glass. Judging from the small amount of it next to the toppled decanter, you judge that the container probably held ten times the volume spilled.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom